What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I was going through some old clothes and found a wine-colored semi-casual ankle-length dress I purchased from Jay Jacobs (anyone remember that store?) back when I was in high school. It was an inspiration dress, never worn, in a size Large (juniors).

It's supposed to be a fitted mermaid-like shape but when I tried it on today it was loose in the bust, waist and hips. So if I ever want to wear this dress I'll need to get it tailored.

I remember staring at that dress in my closet when I was in high school, fantasizing that whenever I'm small enough to be able to wear it I'd pair it with some flannel and doc martins, :D . Pfft.

So that's my NSV, a fantasy dress from high school not only fit, but was loose.

Now I think I'll go listen to some Jethro Tull to celebrate. Though some Nirvana might be more appropriate.

• cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Insomnia tonight for me. This used to mean a binge and a movie. Usually a pizza or a carton of ice cream, occasionally both. Tonight . . . .one Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    wrrly wrote: »
    A sad NSV, but 5 years after inheriting a number of my mother's rings, I was able to slip her wedding ring onto my finger with room to spare. I would rather she was wearing it.

I'm sorry. I know your pain. I lost my mum 18 years ago. That sort of pain never fully goes away.

• crazygooselady
    crazygooselady Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Two today. 1. My neighbor asked if I have been working out. I smiled ànd said yes. Nice to have it noticed. 2. I have muscle definition in my upper legs, on the side, between the knee and thigh. Forgot about that as it has probably been 20 years since I have seen it on me.
  • fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Love these NSVs.

I had a bug on Monday. Throwing up all day. Yesterday didn't eat much over my target cals - but still went and completed w4d2 of c25k last night. I felt as week as a kitten about an hour before but I had a banana and a good talk to myself and went late on. Oh and I only nailed that mother kisser. The 2nd 5 minute run was ended by me shouting 'YES' quite loudly waking up a few of the patrons in the gym but hey ho.

They're all big boys (actually some of them were enormous) but I can take a few funny looks from super fit super strong men and women as I wobble off a treadmill.

What they don't know is that 8 weeks ago I could barely run for 1 minute. Now I'm running for 16 out of 30 and I will smash the 8 minutes whilst I'm on my holidays in France next week.

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I started my wellness coaching program yesterday and am feeling both challenged and optimistic

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I made it through an ENTIRE staff meeting without eating a single doughnut.

So, I rewarded myself with one doughnut and fit the rest of the days calories around it! :smiley:
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have a baggy bum in my favourite work trousers! :/ Not a good look, guess it's time to buy some new ones.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    OK, I have a couple today :).
    1. I had bought a pair of workout pants online a few weeks ago in xl that turned out to be so tight I could get them past my thighs. I tried them on today and they fit! And fit,albeit sungly.Which brings me to my second nsv
    2. I always had a saggy droopy butt. I can't do squats because of week knees. But all the Pilates workouts must be working cuz I could see a nice little tush in my snug pants !! IIt's still a work in progress, but hey! It's not saggy anymore! :)
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Couldn't edit on the phone,but its 'could not get it past my thighs'. Darn phone.
  • tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Gay dude at work said I was looking good. He then apologised as he may have thought that I thought he was coming onto to me, and then he overcompensated by saying that he was sure my wife appreciated my fitness, which sounded even worse as it implied sexual stamina....and then after he realised that, he got all flustered.

Hilarious, but in a way very flattering.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I stopped in to visit someone last night and had some of what she was feeding her kids for dinner. Pizza rolls, no nutrition and tasted awful. I ate them anyway because I was hungry and was going to be late getting home (not the NSV.) I realized that I really did not enjoy them and logged the calories and did NOT go home and binge since I had made one bad choice-I decided to log it and move on. One bad meal does not make or break you. When I finally did get home I lifted weights in my garage for the first time! Now that was my NSV!

• Kirstie155
    Options
    I'm wearing a shirt that I haven't worn in a long time because it was too tight and just looked awful-today it looks great and my pants are comfortable- a month ago they were very tight and pinchy.
    Woohoo for NSVs!! :D
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I just did a plank for 3 gigantic minutes!

Wow-great job!!
  • acoustophoresis
    acoustophoresis Posts: 49 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Edited because this is more scale related :D
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    fearnsey71 wrote: »
    Love these NSVs.

I had a bug on Monday. Throwing up all day. Yesterday didn't eat much over my target cals - but still went and completed w4d2 of c25k last night. I felt as week as a kitten about an hour before but I had a banana and a good talk to myself and went late on. Oh and I only nailed that mother kisser. The 2nd 5 minute run was ended by me shouting 'YES' quite loudly waking up a few of the patrons in the gym but hey ho.

They're all big boys (actually some of them were enormous) but I can take a few funny looks from super fit super strong men and women as I wobble off a treadmill.

What they don't know is that 8 weeks ago I could barely run for 1 minute. Now I'm running for 16 out of 30 and I will smash the 8 minutes whilst I'm on my holidays in France next week.

YES YOU WILL! Good for you. Keep going.
  • LunaInverse
    LunaInverse Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I didn't give into a chocolate craving. It was HARD
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Went on a run outside alone for the first time today. Before I've always avoided it because the thought of it made me feel really anxious, but I overcame that today. :)
  • Sommerrae82
    Sommerrae82 Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Four women in my office in a span of two weeks asking if I'd lost weight and that I'm "looking good". It's exciting because I've only lost about 10lbs of my 50lb goal. So I didn't think it was that noticable!!! :smiley:
  • transformedbyhim56
    transformedbyhim56 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My 'big' NSV: I stopped taking high-blood pressure medication as my blood pressure has dropped significantly and I don't need medication anymore.
    That happened to me as well and it's the best feeling ever! I also don't take meds for migraines anymore, for type 2 diabetes or for high cholesterol. If only doctors out there would encourage their patients to eat healthy and exercise instead of prescribing medications. I think a lot of doctors don't know how much you can transform your life through diet and exercise or the pharmaceutical companies have them fooled. Imagine that? Congrats on your accomplishment!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!