What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Losinandmovin
    Losinandmovin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    CJsf1t wrote: »
    A dress that was tight 4 weeks ago now fits me comfortably.
    One inch down from my hips and 1.5 inch down around my thighs!!

Wooooo hooooo!
  • Losinandmovin
    Options
    I woke up this morning feeling awful with a really sore throat. Thought about going back to bed, but instead I jumped on the treadmill to jog for a few minutes, found a live concert video to watch on YouTube, and the next thing I knew, the video was over and I'd done 5.6k. I haven't been able to do more than 4k without a walk break for YEARS. It feels like such a mental breakthrough :)

Faaaaaabulous!!!
  • Losinandmovin
    Options
    My pants are literally falling off!

I had really really strong cravings today... For broccoli?!? I definitely indulged :smiley:

I've gone swimming nearly every day lately, not even very intensely, but I'm seeing major muscle changes!

This thread has been so inspiring. Don't hold all those nsv's to yourselves, post! Go on, post!! :blush:
  • Losinandmovin
    Options
    I realized it's been over a year since I went to a buffet... They used to be my bang for my buck. I had a system of consumption that both shamed and impressed me...lol

All of my shorts I had gotten for the summer (brand new) are falling off of me. The thing is, I weigh the same and my measurements are the same...something has to be different somewhere in the numbers cause my whole summer wardrobe isn't lying! (I've taken up squatting, maybe that has something to do with it?)

Losing those inches!!!!!!!
  • Losinandmovin
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    Three years ago when I started this weight loss journey I bought myself a pair of very expensive, very pretty, french panties in what I thought should be my goal size, a large. Today on a whim I pulled them out of my drawer and am wearing them!!!!!!
    I am no longer thinking this should be my goal size but I feel so good being able to finally wear them. I will be ordering new goal panties soon.

THIS!!! I had a pair of sexy, sexy jeans hidden in the back of my closet for ever!! They were my goal jeans!! Got into them and was so excited!!! But then I decided I wasn't near finished yet. Maybe I should buy some new goal jeans. Lol!!
    Why not!! You've earned them!
  • Losinandmovin
    Options
    I normally work out when I wake up at 6. I was feeling particularly down today and just "didn't wanna" (excuse #1). It was raining (excuse #2). I couldn't get the TV to work properly to play my workout video (excuse #3). I found the workout on my phone, put on my big girl pants, and sweated it out. Months ago, I would have just gone back to bed. Go me! Unfortunately, I'm still feeling down though. Grrrr.

Feel better soon you rock star!
  • Losinandmovin
    Options
    Eri0515 wrote: »
    My co-workers and I had a working meeting at McDonald's. I used to pig out and eat a huge meal. I only ordered an Egg Delight McMuffin and nothing else. It has a low amount of calories too!

BAM!
  • Losinandmovin
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I love this thread: So motivating!

I'm in the normal BMI range now, for the first time since (IIRC) the 1980s. And I have this odd (but pleasant) sense of unfamiliarity about my body: When I wash my hands, they feel smaller. When I put my hand on my hip, I feel muscles instead of fat rolls. My balance is better. I like it!

Best. News. Ever. ☺
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Holy Schnikies! Size 36 pants! Literally been a couple decades...
  • SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    On our 12 week trip, I managed to lose 7 1/2 pounds - Better still, I lost 8 3/4"!

(I measure at hips, bust, waist, thigh, calf, neck, bicep, and forearm -- Since January, across these 8 points, I've lost nearly 32".)

• MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I'm about to turn 44 in a couple of weeks. I'm 5'1", down to almost 130 from 170, starting March 1 of this year.

When my family and I recently went on vacation, we were at a dinner theater thing seated with other folks we didn't know, and as we were chit-chatting, getting to know people and I mentioned that I had five kids, 11 (twins), 18, 20 and 24, one woman thought I was lying. She told me there's no way I'm old enough to have kids that old!

:)

Not much to do with my weight, I guess, but losing weight has made me at least feel younger.
  • shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out what an NSV is....
  • SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    shadowconn wrote: »
    I can't figure out what an NSV is....

Non-Scale Victory

• ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I had one this weekend! Until 2012, I have NEVER been a runner. I wasn't always overweight, but I still didn't have the stamina or motivation to run. Well on Saturday the family was taking a 6 mile hike in the mountains, and for the first time ever, I was the one who dropped them at trail head, drove back a mile to the parking area, then ran to catch up to them. I went longer and harder than everyone else, and that is something I've never been the one to do before! :) GOOD feeling! Makes the stagnant scale seem a little less important!

• ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, new to posting to bare with;)
    My NSV is that my children have been on summer holidays for 6 weeks, and not once have I eaten through feeling stressed! I would usually bury my head in the fridge when they started bickering and eat 6 kit kats. I have only lost about 9lbs in 3 months but we have also been on holiday in that time and I'm still feeling positive. The powers of the mind are awesome ;)
  • twinjamom6
    twinjamom6 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Being able to wear a short sleeve shirt to church today and not be too embarrassed of my arm fat. (It's disappearing!!)
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I've walked ~6k three times this week! My speeds have been okay at around 3.5-4 mph. Will there be running soon? :wink: who knows!

This is kind of scale related, but it made me giddy enough to qualify, I think... On my Wii fit, the main screen has a chart of comparative bmi s for all the users. My line has been literally off the charts since 2011... It's been inching towards visible for two weeks now (I could see a tiny bit of my graph becoming more exposed) ....but today I could see the whole dot! The entire pink little circle was visible - I got real close to the screen just to double check!

The nsv part is that I *knew* I would get there. I finally loved myself and my body enough as i was 25 pounds ago to do this right, and here I am, doing it!!

To anyone who is feeling down...The only way to fail is to quit! Hang in there!

This made me smile today, good for you! :)
  • jee_nee_us
    jee_nee_us Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Its kind of weird , I started jogging three months ago and three weeks ago I started strength training. After starting strength training my running speed has improved dramatically from 7 min/km to 5 min/km. I don't know why has this happened but I am really happy and feel fitter.
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    jee_nee_us wrote: »
    Its kind of weird , I started jogging three months ago and three weeks ago I started strength training. After starting strength training my running speed has improved dramatically from 7 min/km to 5 min/km. I don't know why has this happened but I am really happy and feel fitter.

My running speed and especially my form has improved hugely since adding strength training to my running regime. I put it down to improved strength in my calves, quads, hamstrings and abdominal muscles.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!