cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    kithrobyn wrote: »
    I can wear my wedding rings again :)

That is wonderful.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Saw pictures of a wedding I attended and thought I was my brother (who was always the skinny one).
  • Mauthos
    Mauthos Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Odd one for me as my trainer at the gym has asked if I will train with him twice a week, one day following my program and one where I will teach him how to box. Happy to do so but I asked him why and his answer was he needed to get fit again and follow my example. Odd mainly because it's due to him that I have lost the weight and got fit again myself. Flattering too. :smiley:
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Mauthos wrote: »
    Odd one for me as my trainer at the gym has asked if I will train with him twice a week, one day following my program and one where I will teach him how to box. Happy to do so but I asked him why and his answer was he needed to get fit again and follow my example. Odd mainly because it's due to him that I have lost the weight and got fit again myself. Flattering too. :smiley:

Congrats to you both!
  • tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I did a 5k last night as part of a Corporate Event. I started in the 20-25 min tranche but got very frustrated with those around me. It was quite a big event, about 5000 runners. Finished in 23.43 but felt that I could do a lot better without the huge crowds so aiming for a sub 50 min 10k in November.
    A few years ago I never thought I'd be able to do a 10k ever. Then I started. I waddled and felt self conscious. I stopped drinking pints and had more energy to go training. I stopped eating fatty foods and did better training. I then stopped eating white bread and potatoes and started doing more. The clothes started getting looser. The wife's friends started saying I looked better.
  • saylorkw
    saylorkw Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    kithrobyn wrote: »
    I can wear my wedding rings again :)

^this
  • saylorkw
    saylorkw Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Saw pictures of a wedding I attended and thought I was my brother (who was always the skinny one).

I had this same experience, only I saw my reflection in a glass window and thought wow whats my brother doing here.
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    There is this song in zumba where we do burpees (really fast), push ups, and squats through the whole song. Last week I was able to do the whole song and keep up without modifying anything or stopping. It felt awesome! :)
  • tmove2015
    tmove2015 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Just completed 4 miles in 40 minutes last week! Yesterday completed 5 miles under 60 minutes (still working on shaving off a couple minutes)! My asthma doesn't flare up, my heart feel good, lungs even better! A year ago, I couldn't run 3 minutes straight!
  • PlantBasedforLifeFOK
    Options
    I had to go buy a new belt!! My pants don't want to stay up! :)
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I got called skinny mini!!!
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Today I feel like a kid at Christmas as I cracked 100kg for the first time ever however that's not exactly an NSV is it!! Lol

I am however sat here typing this on the train wearing a pair of 34" jeans down from the 38's I was wearing 5 weeks ago. I foolishly bought 4 pairs of 36's thinking id be in them a while. 3 weeks later they have been deemed 'too big' by the girlfriend and I now have to buy more!!
  • athenawj
    athenawj Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My first post... I have a few NSVs from the last 6 weeks:

-it's always been low on my bucket list to go indoor rock climbing. Now, granted, I only got 15 feet or so off the ground because I'm terrified of heights, but I did it!! A year ago, before I lost 51 pounds (6 more to go), and started toning my arms, I probably wouldn't have made it 6 feet up. I was sore the next 2 days, but I felt like Supergirl.
    -I love Loft. For a birthday treat, I ordered a gorgeous dress on clearance in a Medium- and it fits perfectly! Before all this, I couldn't even fit into an XL from Loft.
    -The last time I got my drivers license renewed was September of 2010. It's been increasingly embarrassing to show it, especially since I have the most moronic smile on my face. Got it renewed yesterday, and it's SO much better! Holding them side by side, it's like looking at me and my fat sister. Now I'll be happy to show my I.D.!
  • hallen17
    hallen17 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a comfy but, non-stretchy flannel shirt I like to wear for work but always wear it unbuttoned because it has always been too tight. Today I noticed that I can overlap the front which I could never do before! :) Good birthday present to me today!
  • JaimusWilliams
    JaimusWilliams Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    hallen17 wrote: »
    I have a comfy but, non-stretchy flannel shirt I like to wear for work but always wear it unbuttoned because it has always been too tight. Today I noticed that I can overlap the front which I could never do before! :) Good birthday present to me today!

Isn't that the best feeling in the world? Having an article of clothing that did not fit and all of a sudden it does. Such great motivation!

• Tilly1285
    Tilly1285 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I now have just one pair of dress slacks that fit right. All the others a bunching up under my belt that's out of holes. Need to donate and buy some new ones.
  • hallen17
    hallen17 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hallen17 wrote: »

Isn't that the best feeling in the world? Having an article of clothing that did not fit and all of a sudden it does. Such great motivation!

Yes it is!!!!
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Just put away my Swiss chocolate bar and grabbed a piece of gum. I already had my 2 allotted pieces, stop tempting me!!!
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I ordered a pair of size 10 "goal jeans" thinking I might be able to wear them by Christmas. Although there's a bit of overspill, I can get them on and fasten them! Might be another month or so before I dare to wear them in public, but 5 months ago size 14s fitted the same way as the 10s do today.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!