What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• meghanallen_RN
    meghanallen_RN Posts: 3 Member
    NSV: I'm a nurse and co-workers are ALWAYS bringing in tempting baked goods and sweets, we had a load of delicious looking brownies at work today but I just filled up my water bottle and walked the other way, HUGE NSV for me... Baked goods are my downfall.
  • Chrissya1594
    Chrissya1594 Posts: 9 Member
    Some tshirts that used to be tight on me are now pretty lose and fit well enough for me to dare to wear them outside now!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    NSV: I'm a nurse and co-workers are ALWAYS bringing in tempting baked goods and sweets, we had a load of delicious looking brownies at work today but I just filled up my water bottle and walked the other way, HUGE NSV for me... Baked goods are my downfall.

Omfg everyone at my work does the same thing to me! Great job!!!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    88 minutes on the elliptical today. PR! My first pr was 50 and that was 25, a break then 25 again. This was pretty much in one go, had a movie on helping me through it. Very short breaks if at all.

• Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    I haven't posted in awhile, but since April, I'm down two pant sizes. ....oh yeah!
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    I realized that I now weigh less than my husband!!! I haven't weighed less than him since before I was pregnant with my first child over 9 years ago. I just kept saying it to him over and over "I weigh less than you!"
  • carlyp79
    carlyp79 Posts: 95 Member
    I finished week 5 in C25K. I did the 20 min run! On the treadmill with NO MUSIC as my player pooped itself just as I started... great timing!
    I thought it would be harder since I had 3 days of no exercise (road trip woot woot!) but I think taking an extra day off really helped me be rested enough not to feel too tired to finish.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    I got into the pool for the first time in 2 weeks and knocked out an easy 1.5 miles.
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    edited September 2015
    For kicks I decided to look at c25k today when I got on the treadmill and then decided to try it and I did it! I was grinning like and idiot when I finished. I hadn't really though much about running lately due to unrepaired acl tears and osteoarthritis I one knee. But it was fine. Super pumped. Need some running shoes!!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    We had a potluck at work today. I measured everything I ate, skipped breakfast to save calories for lunch, and only ate one piece of cake. ONE!!! I honestly logged every single thing I ate. I'm doin this!

Good for you! I did the same yesterday, management brought in 12 platters full of assorted sandwiches, a bunch of side salads and two cakes. I managed to stay under my calorie goal, and not eat the leftovers that they brought out again today for lunch.
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    I was at the doctor's office the other day and a young male nurse commented on my figure asking if I work out. I said yes and he said it shows. Oh yeah! I am 62. He was like 25!
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    I—quite foolishly—bought a blouse a few months ago without trying it on first only to realize later that it was too tight in the hips. I kept meaning to return it and then promptly forgetting. I noticed the blouse again today and thought to myself, "Well, I guess I'm stuck with this thing now, since it's probably still way too tight and it's too late to return it." When I tried it on, though, guess what???? It not only fits. It's actually loose on me!
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    Going to Jtown in San Francisco and buying a designer jacket at a store that only carries up to size 6. As a Japanese culture enthusiast, this is a dream come true for me!
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    mkladyjmm wrote: »
    Completely off all high blood pressure medicine.

This is excellent
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    BSmith0926 wrote: »
    One day I ran into a lady I have known for a good bit, and she ask me how my sister was and that she hadn't seen her for a while. So I then told her my sister lives out of state and she has never met her. She was like you know your twin sister The Fat one! I told her I didn't have a twin I was the fat one!! I lose enough weight she thought I was a different person!

Amazing!! Whoop whoop!!
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    The uniform pieces I have to wear for work are pretty poorly made and have zero elasticity, so while I haven't had a problem with the shirts, the pants I had to get a size up because of the weird way they fit. They were big to start with, but when I tried to wear a belt with them I felt like I couldn't breathe when I sat down and my stomach expanded some.

That was at the beginning of the year, and now 27ish pounds lighter and unconfirmed inches (I can never remember where I put my tape measure, so I've stopped buying them), my pants are large enough that I was legitimately starting to worry about them falling down even though my hips seemed to sort of stop them. I tried the belt again today (on the second to last notch) and it isn't squeezing the life out of me when I sit down and I'm actually comfortable.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited September 2015
    I bought the cutest, stretchy, workout tank top a couple years ago. I've only been able to wear it a couple times when I previously lost a bunch of weight. Now I'm losing inches, but not nearly the same on the scale...tried it on a whim, not expecting it to fit at all. Miraculously, it fits even better this time! Can't wait to wear it to the gym tomorrow. Lesson learned...don't listen to the silly scale.

I also went through my closet last night and donated out everything that doesn't fit anymore, which was a pretty good sized pile.
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    I—quite foolishly—bought a blouse a few months ago without trying it on first only to realize later that it was too tight in the hips. I kept meaning to return it and then promptly forgetting. I noticed the blouse again today and thought to myself, "Well, I guess I'm stuck with this thing now, since it's probably still way too tight and it's too late to return it." When I tried it on, though, guess what???? It not only fits. It's actually loose on me!

I bet that felt good, you better off done a happy dance :p
  • PennyHartz
    PennyHartz Posts: 49 Member
    We got back the family photos we had taken and I actually really like the way I look in them! Also, when my mom was showing them to her coworkers one of the guys said something to her about my "buff arms" haha.
    Today I had my son at the pool and one of the (young, attractive, female) lifeguards told me my leg muscles were "awesome". I was like, "me!?!". I don't remember the last time I received a compliment on one of my body parts, and now I had two in one week!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!