What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    I have a very expensive North Face coat. As long as I've owned it, I've always had to wear it open because my hips were too wide and I couldn't zip it up! I can zip it up now:) I keep putting it on and looking at myself in the mirror because I just can't believe it.

What Fun!

• lynette4
    lynette4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I ran a mile in 9:42!!!! I haven't been at that since highschool :) yay single digits :)
  • rwc0n335
    rwc0n335 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My boss's boss is someone through to whom I'd also reported at a previous company, a relationship that helped me land my current position. When I came in to interview for this job a year and a half ago, his first comment after not having seen me in several years was, "You're looking exactly the same." (To his credit, I think he was going for something more like, "You haven't changed a bit," which has a decidedly more upbeat connotation to it.) In my head, my response was, "Yep, still fat."

This morning, while we waited for a conference room to clear out prior to a meeting, he said, "You look like you're slimming down." It was the first comment I've received from anyone whom I hadn't briefed about my current weight-loss attempt (started on MFP almost three months and about 30 pounds ago), and it felt particularly good coming from him and in contrast.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    rwc0n335 wrote: »
    My boss's boss is someone through to whom I'd also reported at a previous company, a relationship that helped me land my current position. When I came in to interview for this job a year and a half ago, his first comment after not having seen me in several years was, "You're looking exactly the same." (To his credit, I think he was going for something more like, "You haven't changed a bit," which has a decidedly more upbeat connotation to it.) In my head, my response was, "Yep, still fat."

This morning, while we waited for a conference room to clear out prior to a meeting, he said, "You look like you're slimming down." It was the first comment I've received from anyone whom I hadn't briefed about my current weight-loss attempt (started on MFP almost three months and about 30 pounds ago), and it felt particularly good coming from him and in contrast.

Thats great!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I walked all morning doing errands because I can't workout while I recover from my injuries.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »

You Rock! I was walking on air for days after the first time I did it! Congratulations!

Thanks! (I meant it was raining when I woke up that day)
  • MissyMilda
    MissyMilda Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yesterday a really sporty colleague came up behind me and asked me if I had played sports in high school. I laughed off the idea and waited for her to tell me an anecdote from her training (I had presumed she just wanted an opportunity to talk about her sport). Then she told me she was just wondering, because there was something very athletic about the way I had been walking down the corridor! I'm just over halfway to goal and have been working out a lot, so it was great to hear (especially from her!). I'm pretty sure that's the first time anyone has used the adjective 'athletic' in any way connected to me!
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    A size 12 swimming costume ......I cried. Happy tears

I can so relate to this! I didn't cry, but really: size 12: me?!?!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    That's one happy cat! Congratulations!

• markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    LaceyBirds wrote: »
    I saw the doctor for my six-month check-up on Friday. I am on several drugs that I am hoping to eliminate - blood pressure, cholesterol and a drug to slow my heart rate. My heart rate was apparently super low, so he took me off of the heart rate drug. This made me very happy. :)

Then I saw my labs on my blood tests, and compared them to tests over the last five years. My cholesterol and triglycerides are waaaaaaay down and within the normal range. He said "not yet" on those drugs, but I see them disappearing in the near future as I continue to drop weight and eat healthy.

But the best one was that I have been pre-diabetic for several years. My numbers are now within the normal range - I AM NO LONGER PRE-DIABETIC!!!!!

cpcgcu2es8vw.gif

Huge Congratulations!

I was on meds for Tachycardia(high heartrate) , BP, triglycerides and after losing 50 lbs. been able get off all. Funny to me at least is my heart rate off the meds to control it is actually lower!
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    That's one happy cat! Congratulations!

Thanks!
    Huge Congratulations!

I was on meds for Tachycardia(high heartrate) , BP, triglycerides and after losing 50 lbs. been able get off all. Funny to me at least is my heart rate off the meds to control it is actually lower!

That's wonderful! Congratulations to you too! :)

• thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Most days I walk the track at our local high school. I use a pedometer ap on phone to keep track of how far I walk. On days that my pants don't have pockets, I tuck my phone into my panties, alongside my hip. It's always held there well but today it kept slipping down the side of my leg as I walked. I guess it's time for new pants (with pockets) and panties.
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Tried on the beautiful ruby and diamond ring my hubby got me last Valentines that I haven't been able to wear because I my fingers were too fat. Now not only does it fit but it's loose!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    lesaw01 wrote: »
    Virkati wrote: »
    Today is my one year anniversary for making the decision to take my life back. It took a few weeks for me to add MFP into it though. I've lost 40 pounds. I'm proud of the weight loss, I'm proud of the consistency of the loss rate. But the NSV's are two-fold...1) I made a decision to love and take care of myself and I've done that for an entire year! and 2) yesterday I asked my daughter why she's never said anything about my weight loss. I asked her in person, her answer was that she doesn't believe in "ego-fanning", and I was able to respond, "There is a difference between fanning someone's ego, and recognizing and celebrating a life-behavior change."

I know that short conversation doesn't seem like much. But for me it proves that I love myself enough to address something that's bothering me, without having to eat the feelings about it. I am in love with the way I live my life now and I'm SO PROUD of being able to recognize an issue, address it, deal with it, move on with the day and my life without it even being a blip on my emotional radar :smiley:

I know how you feel. My daughter has yet to say she was proud of my weight loss and also running in 5K races and over the last 3 years I have lost over 70 pounds and ran in several races. My son on the other hand is constantly complimenting me on my accomplishments. But I'm not as bold as you, I can't say anything to her about it. Maybe one day.

Must be a girl boy thing. Same here. She'd work out with me but nary a compliment. Son almost gushed
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Oh another NSV today! I took pictures of myself (in a dressing room mirror no less!) and didn't cringe or want to immediately delete them! Down 71lbs with 44 or so lbs to go! oiw4zssel21w.jpeg
    1n8wu1u726p0.jpeg

• lesliewynn14
    lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I started MFP 30 days ago. I've logged everything every single day, kept at or below my calorie goal and have exercised at least 5 days a week. 30 days ago my feet use to hurt every time I stood up or walked for long periods of time, my right knee was hurting with every step, and my right hip was always bothering me to the point I was walking with a limp. So now 30 days later I'm having no foot pain, just a bit of knee pain now and then, the pain in my hip has decreased a lot, and I'm not limping. I'm hoping that in another 30 days I will be out of pain 100%.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!