What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I saw Creed today
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Livgetfit wrote: »
    NSV Alert: I went shopping yesterday. My Guess size 11AU /7US jeans have become very unattractive in the butt & belly, adding unnecessary bulk to my frame.

Yesterday I braved a shop I haven't been in for 6.5 years. It was a very emotional thing for me as I last went in there just after moving to Australia & being at my highest weight (97kg/213lb). At just 5'3 and a dress size 18AU/14US, there was nothing in this entire store for me.

It hurt me so badly because I hadn't really realised until then just how bad everything had gotten.

To make matters more confronting was the fact that I was this store's key demographic. At 20 years of age with disposable income and a love of style, I was their target market completely if it were not for the fact that their clothes stopped 2 sizes below my needs.

I was still squeezing myself into 14s then so technically they carried my size. I tried things on. I fit nothing. I was embarrassed. I was confused. I told myself they were a small fit. I went home and cried.

Yesterday, I purchased 2 pairs of size 10AU/6US jeans and size Small top from this store.

It has taken 6.5 years, numerous tears, endless sweat, several tantrums, plenty of restarts, 4 fad diets and lots of personal growth. I had a little joyful cry in the changing rooms, handed over my card and left feeling like I did 20-year-old-me proud.

I'm very happy for you, we'll done!
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    NSV Alert: I went shopping yesterday. My Guess size 11AU /7US jeans have become very unattractive in the butt & belly, adding unnecessary bulk to my frame.

Yesterday I braved a shop I haven't been in for 6.5 years. It was a very emotional thing for me as I last went in there just after moving to Australia & being at my highest weight (97kg/213lb). At just 5'3 and a dress size 18AU/14US, there was nothing in this entire store for me.

It hurt me so badly because I hadn't really realised until then just how bad everything had gotten.

To make matters more confronting was the fact that I was this store's key demographic. At 20 years of age with disposable income and a love of style, I was their target market completely if it were not for the fact that their clothes stopped 2 sizes below my needs.

I was still squeezing myself into 14s then so technically they carried my size. I tried things on. I fit nothing. I was embarrassed. I was confused. I told myself they were a small fit. I went home and cried.

Yesterday, I purchased 2 pairs of size 10AU/6US jeans and size Small top from this store.

It has taken 6.5 years, numerous tears, endless sweat, several tantrums, plenty of restarts, 4 fad diets and lots of personal growth. I had a little joyful cry in the changing rooms, handed over my card and left feeling like I did 20-year-old-me proud.

I'm very happy for you, we'll done!

Thank you so much
  • cheritwin
    cheritwin Posts: 14 Member
    This is the nuttiest, silliest NSV. But I just had to cut my toenails and usually it's painful, I have to twist all kinds of weird ways, etc, because there's usually so much fat in the way. Today I just sat at my chair, crossed my leg & started, not even thinking about it or working at it. It was easy to cross/bring my leg up. LOL

I know. Silly. But it's been a hard day so I'll take ANYTHING :smile:

This is one of the things that is on my list of "motivators!"
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member

Omfg that's incredible!!!!! Congratulations
  • 47Jacqueline
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »

Omfg that's incredible!!!!! Congratulations

Terrific! Everytime we fail, we're one step closer to success. ;)
  • 47Jacqueline
    The physical therapist said not to do leg exercises until I've done some work with her, and I can't do any upper body stuff because I'm still wearing a splint, but yesterday I had to do something, so I walked to the movie theater and back for 3,000 steps.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Went through some old clothes and found a business jacket that is a size 18. It buttons! Holy moly! So pleased!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    The scale has not moved in months, but I'm not worried. This weekend I was in search for a pair of jeans, most of which were in the hamper to be washed. . . so I pulled out a pair from my dresser drawer, saw they were a size 3. . . and thought they would not fit. But I tried them anyway. Not only did they fit, but I can breathe in them too! I have not worn these jeans in 3 years.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,023 Member
    So, last week I reported that my cholesterol & triglycerides were now firmly in the normal range, after a decade of bad results, on a blood test in preparation for this week's visit to the doctor. At the doctor's office today, my blood pressure is - to the best of my recollection - the lowest it's *ever* been, within my memory: 110/64. This "get healthier by losing weight" plan is working!
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    So, last week I reported that my cholesterol & triglycerides were now firmly in the normal range, after a decade of bad results, on a blood test in preparation for this week's visit to the doctor. At the doctor's office today, my blood pressure is - to the best of my recollection - the lowest it's *ever* been, within my memory: 110/64. This "get healthier by losing weight" plan is working!

Awesome! These are the best kind of NSVs!
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    My husband was playing with his blood pressure monitor and decided to measure me. I have no health issues, but it also takes your heart rate. I was curious to see what mine would say since I've started jogging. I always averaged about 100 bpm during doctor visits. His monitor showed my heart rate as 64 one time and 65 a second time. WhooHoo!! Who would've thought that having a lower hear rate would be so exciting.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    I'm a swimmer, but the heater at the community pool has been broken so the pool has been closed for a month. To get my exercise in, I've been walking the track at the high school. Tonight was the first time back in the pool and my bathing suit was much looser than it was a month ago.
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Dropped another dress size while weighing more!
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    I ate a bowl of fries for lunch because I wanted them and I felt no guilt because I WANTED THEM GODDAMMIT!

I also left a 3rd of them
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    When I told my (very slim) coworker that I intend to lose another 30 lbs, she said, "I don't know where you plan to lose it from!"

• mollylayton
    mollylayton Posts: 24 Member
    I had to leave my backpack with a store clerk. The clerk said the bag was heavy, but I don't think it is heavy at all. I'd estimate its contents to weigh about 13 lbs (6 kgs). I can add another 5 lbs without much effort.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    My pre- pregnancy jeans are fitting me well now! Also my inch loss is averaging 1 in per month around my waist! Take that you @#£ scale!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!