What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• AnnElizabethKate
    AnnElizabethKate Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    my spandex ive had forever are actually too small. I need new leggings! hell froze over. :D
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Made it out of Obese Class II, into Obese Class I today! One more marker on the road to success (and that "normal" BMI range)!
  • shewasthewalrus
    shewasthewalrus Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    A coworker was shocked that she could see my calf muscles through my jeans. It was a random but totally awesome NSV. The running & lifting is paying off!
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Being the most cardio fit person on my team last night.
  • serenity1097
    serenity1097 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This is a ridiculously small thing but you know when you have a flabby belly and the waist band of your jeans rolls down everytime you sit down, and you have to roll it back up & pull up your pants when you stand back up? I realized a few minutes ago that I haven't had to do that once today. The same jeans that I've been wearing all along and my waist band has stayed put all day, not rolling down under my shrinking belly once :-)
  • PhoenyxHellfyre
    PhoenyxHellfyre Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Saw the endocrinologist on Tuesday. He believes that with all my weight loss, my insulin resistance is under control, and took me off the Metformin. I went from 2000mg a day at the beginning, and was able to slowly whittle it down to nothing. I'll be getting fasting blood tests in April to make sure everything is going swimmingly, but neither he, nor I, are really worried about it.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    This is a ridiculously small thing but you know when you have a flabby belly and the waist band of your jeans rolls down everytime you sit down, and you have to roll it back up & pull up your pants when you stand back up? I realized a few minutes ago that I haven't had to do that once today. The same jeans that I've been wearing all along and my waist band has stayed put all day, not rolling down under my shrinking belly once :-)
    That's not a small thing, that's a huge success!!! Atta girl! xo
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    My vanity and toilet are close to each other, and the TP holder is mounted to the side of the vanity. When I moved here I couldn't keep the toilet paper on the holder because my hips were in the way. Today, I put the TP roll on the holder and there's plenty of room!
  • midge_m
    midge_m Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    My A1C in October was 12.0. Today, just 3 months later it is 6.4!

Food really is medicine, y'all.
  • sueann10
    sueann10 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have another to add - moved from Obese to Overweight on BMI (scale related I guess). Just before Christmas I was here so I feel great I'm back on the wagon and making progress. :)
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    There's a track near my house. Twenty years ago I would walk 2 laps and feel tired. Now, I can walk 20 laps and feel energized.
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I have to exchange my brand new large leggings for a medium! The waistband didn't even touch me and legs were baggy!

I'm going to have to buy new leggings. All of my leggings are baggy in the legs. I've never had baggy leggings before.

My workout leggings also became very baggy. But I figured out that they had doubled-over fabric at the top which made a sort of tube all the way around, so I could snip a tiny slot in the knit material in front, and thread a drawstring through. They're now workout *pants* that I can keep wearing for a while, probably until I reach goal weight (and they really don't look scary-droopy or anything so it's OK).

I grant that this is only a tiny, miniscule NSV, but I think it's a decent money-conserving tip. ;)

I do the same. Worked for a while but the bagginess around the hips made me feel very sloppy. So when there was a sale I bought a bunch of leggings.

Which are now loose on me. Again. Yay!?
    (Gets drawstring and scissors)
  • Keith3481
    Keith3481 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bought a size small shirt and it fits perfectly.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    If I clench really hard, I realised today I can see my abs moving! 1st time in my life :)
  • ndachndlr
    ndachndlr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can walk around target without having to lean on a cart for back support. 1 week in forever to go!
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Keith3481 wrote: »
    Bought a size small shirt and it fits perfectly.

This was one of the best days in my life when it happened to me, bet it feels great!!!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    sueann10 wrote: »
    I have another to add - moved from Obese to Overweight on BMI (scale related I guess). Just before Christmas I was here so I feel great I'm back on the wagon and making progress. :)

I think this is one of those cases where it's ok for it to be scale related, because it really is a HEALTH VICTORY! Congratulations!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    TaraTall wrote: »
    Being the most cardio fit person on my team last night.

Fabulous!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Finished being rehired at a health club that let me go when I was injured
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!