What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• jusbowers
    jusbowers Posts: 75 Member
    Finished being rehired at a health club that let me go when I was injured

Congratulations!
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    I got a workout on the weekend. I don't like to exercise around my husband, but I found a way to get in a quick round. We have gone for walks before, but the dumbbell routine is not something he's seen me do. I loose that momentum on the weekend when he's home. Not today! I think I might even get some cardio in while he sleeps!
    jusbowers wrote: »
    I was asked today "why do you go running when it's so obviously a huge effort? Before you broke your hip you ran like a runner and now you dontl!" - My nsv is BECAUSE I CAN! It was touch and go whether I would be able to walk any distance never mind run again with a pin in my hip, I still need to build up muscle strength and weigh a stone more than I did before but I'm getting there, the break is fully healed, my stamina is improving and I WILL get back to my previous pace - and I'm still running better than the larger gentleman who asked the question from his comfy chair!

Legend
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Finally donated a 30 gal. trash bag of big clothes. I never want to see those sizes again!
  • barreta
    barreta Posts: 12 Member
    edited January 2016
    Love this thread! Well done everyone
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    I'm SO proud of myself for giving up caffeine (except trace amounts found in some teas, I drink decaf black tea though). I was a big coffee drinker, although not as crazy as some people can get. I'm a medical student and I was relying on caffeine too much to power through. This feels a lot healthier and I can listen to my body much better without it.
  • ndachndlr
    ndachndlr Posts: 8 Member
    Completing 5 days of working out in a row.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Finally donated a 30 gal. trash bag of big clothes. I never want to see those sizes again!

Congrats! Never again!

I set some new ground rules for myself since I graze and binge at night. I decided this week not to eat after 7pm, period. Well, twice this week I was still at work at 7, so I had a snack pack of nuts right before 7, but I missed my dinner. Twice...

I went to bed hungry-I dont think that has ever happened before. Following the rules I set for myself though, wow, what a feeling :smile:

• shezza4mobee
    shezza4mobee Posts: 250 Member
    eating ham rolls up tonight instead of grabbing fun size candy out of the cupboard, AND having an under 30 gr of sugar day which is amazing for me as my sweet tooth rules my life!
  • dygitalpunk
    dygitalpunk Posts: 36 Member
    Stopped snoring since I have lost so much weight!

Me too! My husband was teasing me constantly about my snoring and today he admitted to me that I don't snore anymore.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Having broccoli and cheese sauce with dinner instead of the mashed baby red potatoes that my mom made and not feeling deprived (I'm eating low carb).
  • dygitalpunk
    dygitalpunk Posts: 36 Member
    lorinoack wrote: »
    My boss told me that everyone at work is talking about me and that I am an inspiration for my coworkers to get healthy. Also asked if i would like to talk about my lifestyle change at our upcoming wellness event. I lost 75 pounds this past year

That is awesome. :)
  • 4PinkLady9
    4PinkLady9 Posts: 47 Member
    I did Week 1 Day 1 of Couch 2 5k!!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    jusbowers wrote: »
    Finished being rehired at a health club that let me go when I was injured

Congratulations!

Thanks!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Rode my bike to two appointments yesterday instead of using public transportation for the first time in 4 months.
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    I ran on a treadmill yesterday! About 6 times?!

Not such a big deal for the normal population, but I've always felt unable to and scared of it. They make me dizzy treadmills!

It was amazing, I felt free!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    natajane wrote: »

Not such a big deal for the normal population, but I've always felt unable to and scared of it. They make me dizzy treadmills!

This is the BEST part about running, to me. I feel like I can drop all my problems and run free!
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    natajane wrote: »

This is the BEST part about running, to me. I feel like I can drop all my problems and run free!

YES! Exactly! My husband has been a jerk this morning and I could feel myself on the edge of emotional eating and not sticking to my meal plan.

I remembered how relieved and free I felt last night on that treadmill, and so I put my daughter down for a nap and jumped on it in my PJ's!!! Before I knew it, I'd done an hour of walking and jogging and was soaked ha.

I can see this being a great tool - not just for calories but for my soul!!

• SBHWeav
    SBHWeav Posts: 89 Member
    No soda in 17 days (maybe not big for most, but HUGE for me!), and shirts seem to fitting differently!
  • ShaneLynch1972
    ShaneLynch1972 Posts: 134 Member
    edited January 2016
    I just went down to a size 36 inch waist in jeans, I started at 54 inches, and I was also featured in a local amusement park's blog about my weight loss. That's so cool!!

http://www.holidayworld.com/holiblog/2016/01/11/weigh-to-go-shane/
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    Someone at work told me I'm 'melting away'. Haha, not quite, but it was awesome to get an unsolicited compliment for the hard work I've put in over the last couple of months.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!