What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    All these. Accomplished. Thing's! Been. At this MFP. For some time doing. The same thing you all are doing, Great. To see this journey. Of happiness. Continue, ,
  • juliegilburd
    juliegilburd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone on your NSVs!! I'm celebrating passing the 2-week mark for logging (In the past, 2 weeks was about where I'd get bored/frustrated and quit logging.) Plus just completed 2 weeks of exceeding my exercise goal. Clothes are already fitting better than before!
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Saw the endocrinologist on Tuesday. He believes that with all my weight loss, my insulin resistance is under control, and took me off the Metformin. I went from 2000mg a day at the beginning, and was able to slowly whittle it down to nothing. I'll be getting fasting blood tests in April to make sure everything is going swimmingly, but neither he, nor I, are really worried about it.

that is huge!!! Congrats. You must be very proud of yourself.
  • jusbowers
    jusbowers Posts: 75 Member
    Options

I'm supposed to limit my walking while my fractured hip heals, but I'm still logging 8-10k steps a day. Lol

I broke my hip last May, worst pain ever!, childbirth was not that bad.

My consultant was permanently annoyed with me because I couldn't take things easy and wanted to get back to running but he was just worried I would compromise the blood flow to my hip and need a replacement.

I cried the day he said I was healed enough to start on the C25K again as long as I took it easy!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    1) i was mistaken for a runner who runs at the running clubs racing series.
    2) I have worn out my first pair of running shoes.
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    3 NSVs!

When I registered for the University sport center, the clerk asked me "Oh you are one of (University Team)'s athlete's, right?" No, but THANK YOU for the compliment!

Got rid of another bag of clothes.

Replaced my iron ring with one a whole size smaller!
  • nat_meister
    nat_meister Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Being bigger meant wearing flats/sandals all the time... about 40 lbs down now and I can fit in and wear high heels again comfortably! YAS!
  • kirstinlee
    kirstinlee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've lost about fifteen pounds (I started at 198, and started logging at 195), but I've done my best to convince myself it's all water weight so that if it is, I won't be disappointed when trying on new clothes.

I have a pair of ripped jeans that used to be my "fat pants", but over the years have gotten so tight it looked like you were trying to squeeze my thighs through them like playdoh. I havent worn them in months for obvious reasons, but when I put them on today because all of my other jeans were dirty, they slid on perfectly. Theyre actually loose enough that I occasionally have to pull them back up when I walk.

Was an awesome feeling since I was bracing myself for needing to squeeze into them.

• ndachndlr
    ndachndlr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Went to Cheesecake Factory and ate under 900 calories. My favorite dish used to be over 3000 calories.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I'm getting this today:
    21d5nx38lsjv.jpeg

To reduce the impact on my hip from walking,

That's cool! ('Cause it's got purple handles!)
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I live in Belgium and work on a US army base. I haven't had Krispe Kreme in FOREVER and we have it in the shop now downstairs. They had a box of my favorite, chocolate iced custard filled, this morning. It's been an awful day already and I DIDN'T GET THE DOUGHNUTS! This is a huge victory for me.

Ahhh! Those Krispy Kremes never taste as good as you remember anyway!

(just trying to be supportive :wink: )
  • Camarose79
    Camarose79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I was off mfp for months, but I did keep going to my fitness class all year. I'm only down about 6 lbs from a year ago, but the other day at work a guy asked if I've lost weight and that my butt looks smaller!
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I've kept up with Couch to 5 K so far, and can feel myself getting fitter with every run!

• tans3352
    tans3352 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Finished C25K last week, and have had several people not recognise me lately :smiley:
  • Beesknees22
    Beesknees22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What's NSV stand for?
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    What's NSV stand for?

Non-scale victory.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    G33K_G1RL wrote: »
    3 NSVs!

When I registered for the University sport center, the clerk asked me "Oh you are one of (University Team)'s athlete's, right?" No, but THANK YOU for the compliment!

Got rid of another bag of clothes.

Replaced my iron ring with one a whole size smaller!

Fabulous!! The same thing happened to me several weeks ago! I attended a zumbathon fundraiser and while checking in one of the registrars asked if I was one of the instructors! Made my freaking day!! I WAS looking pretty svelte in my tights outfit though. Still have a ways to go though!! Ten more pounds max to be exact. :)
  • clairealice27
    clairealice27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was cuddling with my boyfriend this weekend and he put his arm across my stomach. For the first time, I wasn't panicked that he would feel my "tummy fat" and be grossed out.

Also, one of my co-workers noticed that I've lost weight and said I look great!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I've been craving processed carbs so I'm just having them, trying to fit them into my daily limit, and going beast mode at the gym every night. Hoping to swap for fruit over the course of this week. I have a goal to reach by my birthday damn it! B)
  • KyleneSusan
    KyleneSusan Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My cankles are actually turning into real ankles! I hadn't noticed until I was shaving my legs yesterday and managed to slice the skin off the unusually prominent bone on the outside of my leg there. Hurts like the dickens, but I was amazed to notice that I have actual ankles!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!