What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    I can touch my toes to my nose again! My oldest is a gymnast so this is an important thing for us. She wants me to practice her routines with her and I fully intend to do it :)
  • scampbell455
    scampbell455 Posts: 15 Member
    Going
  • scampbell455
    Going on a cruise in a few weeks. I had to buy all new summer clothes this weekend!
  • scampbell455
    Going on a cruise in a few weeks. I had to buy all new summer clothes this weekend!
  • JenniferLynWhatx
    JenniferLynWhatx Posts: 141 Member
    I did CPR for 2 minutes without feeling tired or out of breath
  • scampbell455
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member

That's great for you. How's the person you did the CPR on?
  • JenniferLynWhatx
    JenniferLynWhatx Posts: 141 Member
    sistrsprkl wrote: »

Unfortunately, I work on an ICU where the people are so sick that it's not uncommon for families to withdraw care after their loved one hits that point in their illness. We kept him alive to give the family time to say goodbye...after that he was allowed to go peacefully.
  • bettyrox79
    bettyrox79 Posts: 77 Member
    I have 3 today....

Fit back into my size 18 leggings...

Realised there is about an inch between my stomach and the steering wheel

And the one I'm most proud of.. Went swimming today and I am definitely not a swimmer!!! Did 500m. I have never swam that far in my life. Maybe 50 - 100m in the past but nothing like I did today!!
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    This morning when I opened the map app on my phone, it asked me if I wanted to navigate to my gym "based on [my] frequent visits"!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Triplestep wrote: »
    This morning when I opened the map app on my phone, it asked me if I wanted to navigate to my gym "based on [my] frequent visits"!

haha! Love this!

• tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member

Unfortunately, I work on an ICU where the people are so sick that it's not uncommon for families to withdraw care after their loved one hits that point in their illness. We kept him alive to give the family time to say goodbye...after that he was allowed to go peacefully.

My father has been one that made it out in these intense situations. Blessed are you who fight this fight daily.. As a family members in these situations . Thank God for all YOU do!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member

thank you for giving them that oppurtunity
  • TheChrissyT
    TheChrissyT Posts: 263 Member
    A tiny part of me is starting to believe people when they tell me they think I'm pretty. 100% of the time I've felt like any compliment I've been given has been out of politeness. Like a pity compliment to make a fat girl feel good. I am still fat, but I think my nonscale victory is that I'm starting to love myself, even though I'm not content with where my physical fitness is right now.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    A tiny part of me is starting to believe people when they tell me they think I'm pretty. 100% of the time I've felt like any compliment I've been given has been out of politeness. Like a pity compliment to make a fat girl feel good. I am still fat, but I think my nonscale victory is that I'm starting to love myself, even though I'm not content with where my physical fitness is right now.

{{hugs}}
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Someone brought in krispy cream donuts for the office and Im not eating any o:)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member

That's a beautiful thought, coming from a beautiful woman (inside (your determination & self-love) & out (per profile pic) ). That post is so powerful - made me tear up a little! I'm sure you're going to accomplish your goals on the fitness front, too.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Turned down pizza in the office today, too! :D
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    edited January 2016
    I had a size 12 silk jacket I purchased at my lowest weight in 1999. It's been sitting in the back of my closet for sentimental reasons, I gave away all my "skinny clothes" years ago. Last night in an impulse I tried it on. It fit!
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    edited January 2016
    About a year ago I started getting severe heartburn ( was eating horribly and gaining weight, so I wasn't surprised). I am talking more pain than burn. Think more chest/neck pain than that little burn you normally associate with heartburn. And tums weren't doing a thing... but I knew it was heartburn because I had a bit of burn to it. I explained it to my pharmacist and he told me he's been on prilosec for years. He understood my pain cause his was the same way. Severe without pills. I started taking it and it got it under control. Off and on for the past year I haven't taken my health much more seriously, and this debilitating pain has come and gone.

Since I got my butt in gear, started eating much better, and working out (About 20 days now) I have had virtually NO pain or heartburn at all. It is incredible how quickly our bodies can thank us for treating it right.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!