What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    KpopGrad92 wrote: »
    I had done 21 days of full tracking, I have not had any alcohol since just after midnight new year's (hoping to continue until valentine's day), and I haven't had any fast food besides some subway since December. I may have only lost 10lbs but I am gaining control.

10 pounds in 3 weeks is AWESOME!
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    I swear that I have less cellulite. I long ago accepted that it was part of my bum and thighs. It might not be as permanent as I'd assumed!!!
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Today I wore my skinny jeans that were painfully tight at the waist (different pair than before). I threw them on because the others were in the wash, was in a hurry and didn't realize it. I walked around, sat at my son's game for over an hour, drove home...no red marks on my waist. Didn't even realize those were the pair I had on.

OH...and I also had room at the calf to put my boots UNDER the pant leg and still have it look smooth, versus tucking my pant into the boot because the fabric was too tight on my calf :smiley:
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    BioQueen wrote: »
    So this is huge for me because it is a bad habit that I really really wanted to break. I didn't spend ANY EXTRA MONEY on food this week after I went grocery shopping. Normally I will go buy salads or other prepared food. Usually I make very healthy choices, but it is hard on the wallet and doesn't help the habit of home preparation. I made all my lunches instead of buying them. I also didn't make any other trips to the grocery store to buy things I forgot.
    This is excellent. Meal planning and prepping ahead does not come naturally to me either, so you're getting lots of cheering from me for this!

• pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    My husband decided to set up a small exercise space in our basement for me, so I don't have to spend so much time at the gym (40 minute drive round-trip). We got the first few pieces of equipment moved in, and a television (you can't see it in the pic). THIS is what happened. Yes, we have a living room with a television, and they have a television in one of the bedrooms, but they are choosing to workout while watching t.v. or playing on their tablets! They've been playing musical chairs with the equipment. (Please ignore the canned goods and egg cartons in the background; it's a work in progress and I haven't gotten everything moved out yet). I can't believe the changes that have taken place with my whole family because of my decision to lose weight!

m6fb294w7dsi.png

• IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    My husband decided to set up a small exercise space in our basement for me, so I don't have to spend so much time at the gym (40 minute drive round-trip). We got the first few pieces of equipment moved in, and a television (you can't see it in the pic). THIS is what happened. Yes, we have a living room with a television, and they have a television in one of the bedrooms, but they are choosing to workout while watching t.v. or playing on their tablets! They've been playing musical chairs with the equipment. (Please ignore the canned goods and egg cartons in the background; it's a work in progress and I haven't gotten everything moved out yet). I can't believe the changes that have taken place with my whole family because of my decision to lose weight!

m6fb294w7dsi.png

That thigh magic machine is no joke! I bought mine for a dollar at a flea market and the woman was like "Take it please!" I love it. Works great! It's a bit fun too, when I'm not struggling to finish 20 in a row! lol Great job on the set up! My kids work out with me too. It's fun to do together.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member

m6fb294w7dsi.png

That thigh magic machine is no joke! I bought mine for a dollar at a flea market and the woman was like "Take it please!" I love it. Works great! It's a bit fun too, when I'm not struggling to finish 20 in a row! lol Great job on the set up! My kids work out with me too. It's fun to do together.

I love it, so far, too. Did 50 yesterday. You can definitely feel it. I paid more than $1, though :) . $20 off craigslist. My thighs are my least favorite body part, because they've always been very flabby. I got the elliptical (is that what that thing is called?) for $20 off craigslist, too. My oldest (14) was excited to see it, because that's her favorite machine at the gym. I'm still looking for a treadmill.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Walked every day this week - except for the day I spent an hour shoveling snow.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I opened a bottle of Snapple yesterday. :o
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Tonight, I tried to shave my legs, but there's these muscle lines and dips that weren't there three weeks ago! Might be time to switch to Nair... :o
  • kfdcem
    kfdcem Posts: 17 Member
    For the first time in months, I took my bike instead of the car, even though it was dark and cold and I was late and could have made excuses. And I made it up all the hills :)

• tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Was on a holiday overnight, A resort. Close to home, Unwind. With wife , Romance. Wonderful. Dinner. Champagne. Quite. A nice room all the amenities, , First one waiting. For the fitness. Facilities. To open, The management. Said I was. One of the few in there years that was more concerned. About Gym than when. Brunch was being. Served, ,,,
  • melamelachan
    melamelachan Posts: 12 Member
    Overseas work trip this week. The journey home took 26 hours. I arrived at home at midday, tired, with a bit of a cold and a backache from sitting on the plane so long. Anyway, had lunch, unpacked my bags and then ... went for a long(-ish) run. Because apparently, this is the person I am now. The sort of person who goes running even if they have a good excuse not to. And even enjoys it. What is going on and what happened to my old self?

Anyway, time for pasta and cheese now. That part of my old self is still alive and well
  • Went out to shovel snow today. My thermals fit nicely under my new smaller jeans.
  • M155AUS
    M155AUS Posts: 52 Member
    I went out with friends for dinner and had starter, main and dessert for less than 800 calories. This was rather than consider the night as a cheat and helping myself to anything on the menu. A big one for me.

The other was having a very valid reason not to exercise but choosing to anyway. I am not someone who likes exercising but I am liking the benefits and choosing to be healthy rather than being sedentary.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member

m6fb294w7dsi.png

really love this post!!!!
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Can finally fold all the way forward and down in my workout routine after 2.5 months.

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    For the last few years, shoveling meant coughing and (sadly) throwing up. I did a LOT of shoveling today, without "incident". I need to remember this feeling! :)
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    I ate out the other night, at a pub. I had a starter and a main and only one pint! I'm really pleased with the choices I made, and that I was able to leave the extra potatoes! I feel like I used to see eating out as a treat and not to waste the food as I'd paid for it (leftover mentality from being poor) where I am much better at judging how full I am and not over stuffing myself

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!