What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »
    You look great! Don't worry about the dirty mirror - it is a sign every one is brushing their teeth!!

Thank you So much! 55 pounds to go, but this was a great small victory for me.

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Wearing a pencil skirt with the shirt tucked inside. I won the Valentine's day cardio circuit (jump rope for 38 minutes).

Just saw this. Jump rope for 38 minutes. That would be killer - go you!
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I visited with on old, childhood friend last week. For reference, we are 51 yrs old. She said that I am slimmer and more fit that I was in high school!
  • jmb6739
    jmb6739 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    2 NSV's today. I had to tighten the chest strap on my Polar HRM, as it was getting baggy and I bought a full length mirror. I don't think I've had a full length mirror for a decade. Big step on acceptance!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Pics taken on the weekend with my tiny niece didn't make me want to hide in a dark room forever. I actually look ok! I also bought a bathroom scale because the one at the gym is rubbish - weigh less than I thought! Huzzah!
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I've played competitive soccer since I was young, and I've always been pretty good (I like to think :wink: ) but I took a year off last year because I was just too busy between work and school I didn't think I could handle it. After realizing how much I missed it (and how terribly out of shape I'd gotten) I decided to join back in this winter. At the beginning of the season I was barely making it through our 6 minute shifts without needing a break. Well today during the second half of our game, one of my teammates had to leave early, while we were already down a player, and since I started the half it meant I had to play the whole half (25 minutes), and I did it and still managed to play well! It felt nice since I used to be able to play whole games without a sub and it had gotten disheartening how much my being out of shape was affecting my game.

It was a nice little NSV since the scale hasn't been moving at all :smile:
  • nathan_haveagoodday
    Options
    Reached a personal goal of mine and rewarded myself by going through my wardrobe. I will now have clothes in storage that are too big for me not just totes full of too small clothes. Some of the shirts I took out of storage are in that sweet spot where they fit just right. They show off how much weight I have already lost but don't accentuate how much I have left to lose.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Coworkers and family saying that I've finished the weight loss aspect of my journey - I haven't. Lol
    I Am focusing more on weights however and not So much cardio.

Even when I'm ahead of the game calorie wise, it's hard for me to Really go in and pig out the way that I use to do...

I start in March as a part time fitness instructor. (Two classes)

I looked absolutely phenomenal in a dress that I wore tonight... Per different women commenting on the fit and inquiring where I purchased it. I do realize that the dress Was Making me to a certain degree. Lol
  • courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have a few to add.
    My hair has always been on the thinner finer side to where you could easily see my scalp at times. Lately with the weight loss though it has been appearing to be a bit fuller and I'm getting better coverage. I guess our heads lose weight too.

This next isn't so much a victory but I'm putting it here anyway. I love to bake and I am the messiest cook you can imagine. Some years ago I had a retro style apron custom made for me because I was too fat to tie the standard size aprons around my waist. And I really loved it. However, it is comically huge on me now. I've passed it on to my cousin who is thrilled to have something so cute and practical. And I can pick one up at any store now.

• davidcliff
    davidcliff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Got a National Cut at a masters swim meet yesterday!
  • chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    ran 2.25 miles for the first time without stopping!

wearing a size 12 jeans from a size 18/20!

bought a med size shirt from an XXL
  • ffwife921
    ffwife921 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My NSV is being able to jog 3.50 miles without stopping keeping an average pace of 12:45
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I have been regular with my daily walks since a diabetes diagnosis. and it's working. I'm also on medication but my sugars are reading at an acceptable level.
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I jogged for 18 minutes on the treadmill yesterday and didn't feel like passing out :blush:. My stamina has definitely improved over the past few weeks and it's nice to not feel like I'm being smothered whilst doing cardio :).
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    As my body has gone down in size I've played a little game with myself. Whenever I can pull my jeans down without unzipping them I buy the next size down, knowing I will reach it eventually. Yesterday I bought a size 8 as my inspiration jeans. I started out wearing extremely tight 24s.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    As my body has gone down in size I've played a little game with myself. Whenever I can pull my jeans down without unzipping them I buy the next size down, knowing I will reach it eventually. Yesterday I bought a size 8 as my inspiration jeans. I started out wearing extremely tight 24s.

Love this. I might try it!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I just pulled down The pants I wore to work today without unbuttoning them. Guess it's time for a new pair...
  • cindybgood
    cindybgood Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Um, what does NSV stand for??
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    NSV - Non Scale Victory
  • lisa9805
    lisa9805 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    toadg53 wrote: »
    Saw my pulmonary doctor yesterday and he said he "graduated" me from having to use the CPAP machine ... All due to weight loss. That and I am able to wear my mothers ring again. I am so happy and grateful for both. Happy days.

that is terrific. how much weight did u lose
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!