What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• samjoy
    samjoy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    First time posting to this thread! I ordered my usual takeout for lunch today from a place I used to order at a couple of times a week. I used to be able to eat the whole thing and still be hungry for snacks mid-afternoon. Today I only ate half - am completely full (lesson learned to eat even less the next time) and I am sure based on how I'm feeling that I won't be snacking this afternoon. As an added bonus it was all accounted for in my daily calories as I had adjusted breakfast and dinner to accommodate the lunch.
  • brant710
    brant710 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Today I realized my mindset has changed and I'm happy to be in the best shape I've ever been in even though the scale isn't moving. Finding happiness in knowing that I am healthier and much more active than I was 6 months ago when I started this journey is so much more rewarding than letting the number on the scale define me.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Almost didn't recognize myself on a VTC today. That was weird. Great, but weird. K
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    6 weeks ago I joined a Bootcamp. The first workout was a baseline - 1/2 mile run, 40 squats, 30 sit-ups, 20 push-ups, 10 burpees. We had 10 minutes to finish and I couldn't finish the workout. 6 weeks later I lost 8 inches, finished the workout in 6:08 minutes. Because of my improvement I won $200 as the biggest transformation. I am still so excited I won something like that. Proud of the 8 inches loss. And I am so lucky to have been with such a great group of 39 women and 1 wonderful man who supported each other the whole 6 weeks.
  • JustHilsie
    JustHilsie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am wearing a shirt that I haven't wore in years because it didn't fit anymore!
  • happyscruffy
    happyscruffy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My knee high boots that haven't fit for 2 years now zip up. Was so excited to finally be able to wear them
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    LuvtheCubs wrote: »
    6 weeks ago I joined a Bootcamp. The first workout was a baseline - 1/2 mile run, 40 squats, 30 sit-ups, 20 push-ups, 10 burpees. We had 10 minutes to finish and I couldn't finish the workout. 6 weeks later I lost 8 inches, finished the workout in 6:08 minutes. Because of my improvement I won $200 as the biggest transformation. I am still so excited I won something like that. Proud of the 8 inches loss. And I am so lucky to have been with such a great group of 39 women and 1 wonderful man who supported each other the whole 6 weeks.

That's incredible. I might try and give something like that a go!
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    As of last week's checkup I am OFF all meds: no more BP medication, no more statins, no more heart medication -- woo-hoo!
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    akboy58 wrote: »
    As of last week's checkup I am OFF all meds: no more BP medication, no more statins, no more heart medication -- woo-hoo!

Congratulations, that's great! :)
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    My husband asked if I have lost weight. He usually doesn't notice changes.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Small NSV, but I finally caved and had pizza last night with my BF. Normally I can very easily polish off a medium or large pizza (by myself) with normal crust... plus breadsticks. Imagine my surprise that a junior thin-crust pizza didn't make me feel deprived! I still had some breadsticks... but it was pleasantly odd to feel satisfied with a reasonable portion :smile:
  • megang2188
    megang2188 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wearing a little tight dress and heels for new years eve and for once feeling beautiful and healthy
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Small NSV, but I finally caved and had pizza last night with my BF. Normally I can very easily polish off a medium or large pizza (by myself) with normal crust... plus breadsticks. Imagine my surprise that a junior thin-crust pizza didn't make me feel deprived! I still had some breadsticks... but it was pleasantly odd to feel satisfied with a reasonable portion :smile:

What a great feeling!!
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Can do pull ups, hand stand pushup (sorta) and climb a rope; all things I have never been able to do before--ever.
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I started 10k training this week, AND I hit 90lbs lost as well as moved from the Obese Class 1 to the Overweight category according to BMI.
    I guess that's sort of scale related but I've been working to not be Obese for so long! Massive massive milestone for me this morning!
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    c_leeee wrote: »
    I started 10k training this week, AND I hit 90lbs lost as well as moved from the Obese Class 1 to the Overweight category according to BMI.
    I guess that's sort of scale related but I've been working to not be Obese for so long! Massive massive milestone for me this morning!

Congrats!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options

Woah - really, really great!
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options

Amazing
  • sbermud
    sbermud Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    4sx39nrjz6bk.jpg
    My wedding ring is slipping OFF of my finger!!! It keeps turning around and it's slowly inching up to my knuckle. In a way, that's great but in a way, not so much. I'm scared of losing it! :laugh:

Good for you -- but please don't wear it without a keeper or having it made smaller - I lost mine the week before my silver wedding anniversary due to weight loss - it wasn't expensive as we were young and hard up when we married but it did make me sad.

Congrats on a fabulous loss :flowerforyou:

• Keith3481
    Keith3481 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I had bloodwork done two days ago. I got my results today. My cholesterol has improved so much that my doctor is moving me from 20 mg of simvastatin to 10 mg of simvastatin. My goal is to come off it completely.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!