What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• alolark
    alolark Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I recently joined a gym, that's something I never thought I'd do and have been going 4-5 days a week for an hour. I'm so proud of myself and keep kicking myself for not joining before.
  • msujack
    msujack Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ran for 30 minutes straight today and yesterday!
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I actually look forward to working out and meeting my step goal every day.

Also, noticing progress in my arm and stomach areas (kind of problem areas) even though I have only dropped a few pounds in the last few months.

Anddd feeling really confident and happy and loving myself. Biggest NSV yet.
  • SpiderGwens
    SpiderGwens Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I was really craving something salty and sweet. Instead of going on a binge as per usual, I ate a Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Kind bar. The craving was totally gone! I couldn't believe it.

Even better: today at the gym, all of the weights I used last week were too light! I was even able to do 100lbs on the leg press, when two weeks ago 80lbs was a challenge. I felt pretty damn good after that one! :)
  • chaosbutterfly
    chaosbutterfly Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I went shopping at Forever 21 and for the first time ever, I actually fit into their normal sizes. It was a fairy tale lol.
  • Paiger816
    Paiger816 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My arm band for my phone kept falling off at the gym yesterday and I couldn’t figure out why. I thought maybe the velcro was going bad or something. It has 2 settings, a larger setting and a smaller setting. I always put it on the large setting, so it doesn’t pinch my arm fat. It fell off 4 times so I finally looked at it. I had pulled the large setting so tight that the velcro wasn’t lining up, causing it to fall. I moved it to the small setting and it fit perfectly, not too tight at all! Apparently I’ve lost weight in my arms too! :smiley:
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    briegirl28 wrote: »
    My most recent non-scale victory was doing a fitness class at work, and not eating the offered pastries/doughnuts. I haven't worked out in years, and I tend to overeat at work, even though that is where I feel the most judged about my weight and food choices.
    Awesome! I wonder why pastries and doughnuts at a fitness class though. Isn't that unusual?
  • eadams103
    eadams103 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    we got new hoodies/shirts at the bar i work at. and the old one on the mannequin was being switched out. my boss wanted to give it away and was looking for someone to give it to.

she said looking around, "who wants this x-small hoodie?? can anyone fit in this? where's eada.... here, you're probably the only one that can fit in this. do you want it??"

i was already shocked and then even more so, when i tried it on and zipped it up.
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    A co-worker said my face is slimmer.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    NSV, like definitely NSV as I don't even have a scale right now. I am moving to a new city and I don't have any of my scales to weigh food and I haven't logged, but I am still here and I am still careful about what I eat and drink and how many steps I can take daily even if I am not specifically exercising. That's a NSV for me to be able to stay motivated like this
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    After 3+ years I am very close to my goal and gave started reading the comments under the Maintenance category in preparation.
  • cmorris30316
    cmorris30316 Posts: 76 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I love all these stories !! My NSV is noticing visibly less back fat !! Ha !! Whoot whoot!
    I have not measured inches but have lost about 10 pounds since January 9.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Wore a sleeveless blouse in to the office recently. Was having a conversation with a coworker whom I hadn't seen in a while when she exclaimed, "I just can't stop staring at your arms!" I'll take that as a good thing.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    LuvtheCubs wrote: »
    6 weeks ago I joined a Bootcamp. The first workout was a baseline - 1/2 mile run, 40 squats, 30 sit-ups, 20 push-ups, 10 burpees. We had 10 minutes to finish and I couldn't finish the workout. 6 weeks later I lost 8 inches, finished the workout in 6:08 minutes. Because of my improvement I won $200 as the biggest transformation. I am still so excited I won something like that. Proud of the 8 inches loss. And I am so lucky to have been with such a great group of 39 women and 1 wonderful man who supported each other the whole 6 weeks.

Nice!!! I think I may try this workout to see where I place time wise! I consider myself in decent shape; I can work a cardio class like no one's business ...but running and then doing that amount of calisthenics in any thing less than eight mins, I just couldn't fathom! You are in beast mode for sure!
  • nathan_haveagoodday
    Options
    I had two yesterday.

#1: My wife and I were doing the "it has been a really long day" hug and we both spent about 5 seconds rearranging our arms because the old way of holding our arms didn't work anymore. Our arms were looped too large.

#2: I was feeling stressed out and instead of retreating to an empty room to watch TV alone to de-stress I went to the fitness room. Felt way better after exercising for 30 minutes than I would have with an hour of TV.
  • SpiderGwens
    SpiderGwens Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight this week. In fact, I gained two pounds despite logging perfectly/consistently, never going over my calorie goal, and exercising daily.

Here's the NSV part: I didn't let it upset me. I still went to the gym right after weighing and I ate what I had planned. The old me would have gotten upset and threw in the towel. After cooling off my frustration at the gym, I realized that the gain was probably a combination of my period and muscle gain. Not getting off this train any time soon!!!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I had two yesterday.

#1: My wife and I were doing the "it has been a really long day" hug and we both spent about 5 seconds rearranging our arms because the old way of holding our arms didn't work anymore. Our arms were looped too large.

#2: I was feeling stressed out and instead of retreating to an empty room to watch TV alone to de-stress I went to the fitness room. Felt way better after exercising for 30 minutes than I would have with an hour of TV.

Love #1 especially!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight this week. In fact, I gained two pounds despite logging perfectly/consistently, never going over my calorie goal, and exercising daily.

Here's the NSV part: I didn't let it upset me. I still went to the gym right after weighing and I ate what I had planned. The old me would have gotten upset and threw in the towel. After cooling off my frustration at the gym, I realized that the gain was probably a combination of my period and muscle gain. Not getting off this train any time soon!!!

Love this comment too!
  • sarahbri923
    sarahbri923 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I had to go to David's Bridal on my lunch to exchange my bridesmaid dress for a smaller size. Which is 3 SIZES smaller than what they measured me as in October. From a size 14 to an 8!
  • missyfitz1
    missyfitz1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I got my first comment from someone at work that I look like I've lost weight!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!