What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    While adding plates for my Deadlifts yesterday, I caught a glimpse of my 52 year old self in the mirror and took note: I love me. I am aging, my hair is greying, my hands look like my mother's.....but my *kitten* looks perkier than it has in years, my eyes still see life as gleeming even in chaos and stress, my laugh is deeply felt, and frankly - a society that tells older women every day that "you are invisible" can f-ing bite me! Rant done. Moral of the story: Love yourself people! You are worth it.

I agree with all of this!!!
  • bensmom555
    bensmom555 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    TOO FUNNY!
    I thought it was just me!
    I've never heard this talked about before. . .
    Anybody else had it happen???
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    bensmom555 wrote: »
    TOO FUNNY!
    I thought it was just me!
    I've never heard this talked about before. . .
    Anybody else had it happen???

Raises hand

Yup.
  • LittleDoodlePoodle
    LittleDoodlePoodle Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Been feeling pretty despondent recently as I've been put on loads of drugs and still having tests/hospitals visits etc which is messing with my routines, exercise, logging, weight targets and my head, quite frankly, so I've been struggling to find anything positive about life right now.

Until my three year old daughter gave me a hug <3 this morning and announced that she could put both of her arms around me and touch her wrists. This is a major thing, as a year ago not even my husband could do that.

I'm starting to see my weight loss as well; yesterday I spend the most boring day on earth watching my daughter being "pampered" (I'd won a competition and nominated her to have the prize) - personal dresser/make up etc and whilst in the dressing rooms with her I noticed my reflection. I was gobsmacked as I am so much smaller than a year ago - I've gone from a UK 28/30 to a UK 8/10 but I still "felt" really obese up until yesterday. My daughter's personal dresser person asked how much weight I'd lost - I told her and added that I have another 20-30lbs to go to which she exclaimed that I did not need to loose more weight. I do though, as I still have horrible stomach/thigh/leg/bum/arm fat. I look like I'm in the second trimester of pregnancy. That's got to go.

Anyway, after my three-year old's "act of true love" as she puts it (yeah, a Frozen fan) I got dressed feeling more positive and resolved than ever to beat this and to get rid of these last few pounds that are hanging around.

And my new gym opens tomorrow; had a look around on Friday and I'm very excited about getting in there and getting started. Neither the winter or the weather can stop me exercising now as the gym is open 24/7!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Woah!!!! Lady friend, that is AMAZING!!!! What is your secret?!?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Technically this is a scale victory but I just weighed in at an "overweight" bmi and I'm so happy I'm crying! On my way to the gym now to work some more!

Congrats, even if it is a scale victory.
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    While adding plates for my Deadlifts yesterday, I caught a glimpse of my 52 year old self in the mirror and took note: I love me. I am aging, my hair is greying, my hands look like my mother's.....but my *kitten* looks perkier than it has in years, my eyes still see life as gleeming even in chaos and stress, my laugh is deeply felt, and frankly - a society that tells older women every day that "you are invisible" can f-ing bite me! Rant done. Moral of the story: Love yourself people! You are worth it.

This ^^ is why you are my friend <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!