What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• SalsaJason
    SalsaJason Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    For me it is a mental victory; for a long time, (Maybe since childhood) I have been in the cycle of using food as a reward. For example I used to attend a gym that had a great restaurant in the foyer, so I would go along and do my laps or reps then 'reward' myself with a 'healthy' meal. In reality I was probably going to the gym and gaining calories.

For a while I have been trying to break this cycle, and recently I have been beginning to succeed, my method? Well I have been imagining what I could do with the extra money I had if I no longer needed to eat, and it is working; I can now breeze past restaurants and cafes laughing at people paying £15 for cheese on toast (Pizza Express I am looking at you here.)

My food bills have gone down, but my food quality has gone up, I cook more and really only buy basic ingredients rather than ready made things - so I am in control of what is in my food now.

Chocolate? what a waste of money, might as well just pay someone to kill me.

;-)

• aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    19 degrees F with a 3degree windchill and I still did half of my lunchtime walk. I wimped out on the other half because that involved walking into the wind a lot more. I'm pretty sure if it's going to be this cold I need to go with Plan B at least until my body adjusts to the temps. Plan B involves putting on my safety gear and walking around inside the plant.
  • AShannon54
    AShannon54 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I fit into a skit that I haven't worn in over 10 years... and it fits better now than it did 10 years ago.
  • AShannon54
    AShannon54 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Oh and how could I forget this... I hit a new personal best running yesterday - 8 miles with an average of 9:50 per mile. Best shape of my life at age 31!

I think it deserves mentioning that it was 48 degrees outside with a heavy mist and north wind. I don't want inclement weather to be my excuse for not keeping up on my workouts. It started actually raining during mile 6 and I looked up at the sky and told those clouds "you can't stop me or hold me back... I am going to get a new PR today!"
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    Appointment with the Dr. this morning - taken off my high blood pressure meds! I've gone from 5 prescriptions, now down to 2.

This is amazing. Congrats to you
  • girlstrionce
    girlstrionce Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Being able to fit back into, zip and button up my size 14 jeans again.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    well my size 20 jeans are so loose now that i don't need to unbutton them to get them on or off. I can just slide them on and off like sweatpants. It's awesome! :smile:
    Oh and I can exercise way more then I ever thought I'd be able to lol
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Dropped a sweater off this morning at the Dry Cleaners. I hadn't seen the woman that took care of me in 6 or 7 months. She said "Haven't you lost a lot of weight?" I said "yes." Twice she commented "You are looking really good." Nice way to start a Monday.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I love all of these so much! When will MFP ever put a like button on the posts?! I saw someone I hadn't seen in a few months and she kept going on about how great I looked. Also, I've been doing a HIIT training I came up with, part of the work out I do is running as fast as I can around the track, which is 1/9th of a mile. When I first started doing this I was doing 53 seconds or so each time, now I'm doing under 50 for each one. Might not seem like a lot but for me it's awesome. When I first started 22 months ago, I could barely jog a lap at all. Keep it up everyone. These are just so awesome and make what I once thought were sacrifices so worth it (although I now want to spend my time working out and enjoy healthy foods, so I no longer think of it as a sacrifice!)
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It's really cold here today and I could zip up my coat for the first time in a few years! YEAH!
  • Flips37
    Flips37 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Back to back 10Ks (one last weekend and once this weekend)!
  • legless11
    legless11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My bellybutton, it used to be cavernous with a bit of an overhang, today I noticed it looks like a normal one (round). I can't stop looking at it (i'm at home, don't worry!). Literally navel gazing.
  • stmadoesboy
    stmadoesboy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Finished C25K in September and on Sunday I ran non-stop for 7 miles in just over an hour.

Also, at the Scotland v England football match tonight, I will be wearing my kilt. It's the kilt I was given 26 years ago (for my 21st birthday) and I've not been close to squeezing into it since 2011. Happy days! :smile:
  • Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm currently wearing an aspiration top that I bought about 2 months ago. It was way too small back then, but it was the only one they had in the shop and I loved it. It now fits quite comfortably!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    My favorite pants were too big. I took them in an inch on the waist and still too big. Took them in another inch and an inch in each leg. I can still pull them on without unzipping! Take them in another inch?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    my friends who I hadn't seen for ages complimented me on my arm muscles (and yes, I am very proud of my guns) :-D as I've been slim now for over a year I don't often have NSV's any more but I'll gladly accept any I get :)
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm sure I've posted on this thread before, but my most current NSV would be seeing myself be able to (barely but surely) fit into a pair size 10 dress pants. I started losing weight at a pant size 16.

I had bought a pair of 14s a month or two ago, but they were a little loose. That was a mistake and I should have bought 12s.

Went to a thrift store yesterday and got some cheap 12s to tide me over until I lose another 10 pounds or so. And one pair of 10s, because I know I'll eventually fit into them. I haven't been this size since the beginning of high school. My ultimate goal is to get into the single digits. I was gifted a really cute pair of size 8 jeans that I've NEVER been able to wear. I'd like to get into them someday!

Also, getting through week two of Insanity while having a cold. Not fun, and I'm currently a wheezing mess, but it was a good workout!
  • leyle20
    leyle20 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just bought and FIT in a size 16 jeans :) I haven't fit in anything below 18/20 in yeaaaaaars!!!
  • miinorawr
    miinorawr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I wore size 16 trousers to work today! They were a bit tight but a couple of months ago I couldn't even get them over my hips :Smile very excited!
  • Hautemama82
    Hautemama82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I said NO THANK YOU to homemade red velvet cupcakes at work.....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!