What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have done something to my knee so I can't run today. The old me would have said, "Too bad...let's eat chocolate." The new me is saying, "Rats, I wanted to run today. What else can I do to burn some calories? I'm going to really have to watch my eating today."

This is a major change in my thinking process, so that's actually my NSV.
  • shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am going to a party later today so I just did 1/2 hour on the stationary bike to allow myself some extra calories. The old me would have never done that.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I'm now squatting 210 for my stronglifts 5x5. My deadlift is up to 245 for 4 reps, whoohoo.

Wow.

You definitely don't work out at planet fitness. :-)
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I came first in a charity Spinathon that took place this morning. This was full of hardcore spinners and I looked the unfittest there. That showed them :smile: !
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I had an appointment downtown and I walked there and back!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I made it through my first strength training session and didn't give up or die! A 30min circuit combining skipping/jump rope and bodyweight moves. Turns out I have no muscle in my arms at all - but the only way is up right?
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Timby1 wrote: »
    I have done something to my knee so I can't run today. The old me would have said, "Too bad...let's eat chocolate." The new me is saying, "Rats, I wanted to run today. What else can I do to burn some calories? I'm going to really have to watch my eating today."

This is a major change in my thinking process, so that's actually my NSV.

I'm in the same boat with you today with a bum knee. Thank you for this! I'm going to work on abs and upper body with resistance bands.
  • sweating_for_wedding
    Options
    I used to take my jeans/work pants off as soon as I got home because the waistband had been cutting into my belly all day. I've noticed recently that I'm comfortable in them all day and typically don't change until it's time for pajamas!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Bought new pants in a smaller size (was a 15 now a 13)
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Went to buy some new shirts today and the shop assistant brought me a size 14 (UK sizes) to try on. I just laughed (last time I was there I was an 18, though it was a bit big on me), but she was quite right. I was truly astonished!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I've had a ton of really terrible days this month... But my NSV is that I logged and owned up to every single one of them, and worked hard and reversed the damage over each week. :) Yay me!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    I've had a ton of really terrible days this month... But my NSV is that I logged and owned up to every single one of them, and worked hard and reversed the damage over each week. :) Yay me!

Good for you! I was searching for a "like" button for this post. Keep up the good work.
  • priyaFitnessFreak
    priyaFitnessFreak Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I came first in a charity Spinathon that took place this morning. This was full of hardcore spinners and I looked the unfittest there. That showed them :smile: !

Awesome! Congrats!

• happygrandma52
    happygrandma52 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Had the potato chips IN MY HAND yesterday & put them back in the bag without eating any
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Two people from separate parts of my life asked me if I'd consider being a trainer/ coach. It made me confidence rise, regardless of what I choose or not choose to do.
  • onewarmmomma
    onewarmmomma Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I was walking around in sweats this weekend, and my sister told me how amazing I look...and that I was her motivation. 7 months ago all I wanted to do was eat ice cream, now I'm someone's motivation?! I never would have imagined...
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I completed level 1 of pole fitness. I'm moving on to level 2 on V-Day. I'm so excited.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    My 9yo daughter who doesn't know about my weight loss, only that I am getting fitter this year in a general way, hugged me today and looked up suddenly to say:

"Mummy, why has your tummy gotten smaller?"

I don't see it yet, but I trust her and that made my day!
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    This weekend I did a 4 mile hike with my 32lb almost 3 year old in the Kelty and I didn't want to die. Pack plus kid =40lbs. There were some wicked hills in that hike too. =)
  • NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    May not seem like much to some people, but 50 straight seconds of jumping jacks this morning.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!