What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    17th Parkrun.

Temperature below freezing. Nasty westerly wind making it even colder.

I was seriously debating whether or not to bother as the condition were not conducive to fun.

Then the announcements ended and my dear little four-year old said, "I'll see you at the funnel, Mummy!"

So I ran. Well, more of a plod today as my feet are sore (again).

But we made it round, my son and I. We were lovely and warm once we'd plodded 5km.

Took a bit longer than anticipated but the important thing today was finishing.

Inspiring.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    My NSV today is that I woke up this morning realizing and EMBRACING the fact that today is a new day, a new day that is FILLED with choices and that I'm ready, willing and able to choose this day to walk in joy, wisdom, power, gratitude (for everything...even and especially the so-called "bad things" in life, which marvelously teaches me important lessons I may not have otherwise learned or even considered), patience and LOVE (no matter what) and to not put myself in anyone's (including my own) "box" of how I should look, think, and feel.

How utterly "COOL and FUN" it is to know that this day, all day and all night I have the "choice(s)" of finding fault in some person, place or thing OR I can instead purposely choose to find a remedy. I have the "choice" to give in to weakness or purposely choose the tougher road of strength and purpose. That just because I "feel" some kind of way, doesn't make it so and I can and will purposely choose to take the higher road in every area of my life today--that I'm no longer a slave to how I feel nor am I tying myself to wretched "comparison trap". Today, instead of continuing the ever evasive and fickle search for "happiness" and the "feelings" of so-called happiness, I purposely choose to understand that life and happiness changes like the weather, I instead am FREE to purposely get out of my so-called "comfort zone" and pursue JOY and humility (meaning I could be wrong in thus and such--instead of being self-righteous) in everything I think, say or do. Today is a day for my walking in the Truth, the world does NOT revolve around me and I'm sooooooo glad it doesn't. YAY <3o:)<3

<3<3<3 Thank you, amazing stranger, this is exactly what I needed to read today!

My absolute pleasure and I am sooooooo cheering you on! o:)<3o:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!