3 Day Military Diet (Cardiac Diet)

Options
sesnow1s
sesnow1s Posts: 7 Member
Hey guys,

To begin with, I am not a moron when it comes to weight loss. I have been on track of losing weight for the last two years and I am stil going strong. However, I have hit a wall. I am stuck at the same weight and cannot seem to lose a single more pound. This is extremely discouraging due to the fact that I am in the gym 6 days a week for at least an hour/hour and a half, have not had a soda or a peice of chocolate in god knows how long, and portion out my meals and eat my fruits, veges, and all the good stuff. Yes, I do slip up now and then, having a peice of cake at a bridal shower yesterday for example. I am human aftrer all...

However, I was talking to a coworker whom is a health freak and was tellign me about this three day military diet to try and give my body a "kick". I know that I need and WILL continue to eat healthy after this, but I was wondering if anyone has tried this and was able to keep the weight they lost on it off using a "healthy lifestyle" such as I do.

Please no rude comments, I am not trying to cheat my body and normally do not do these fad diets. In fact, I never do "diets". I just want some info on those of you who have tried this. I read alot about it, but I have gotten so many conflicting reviews I'm not sure what to think.

Replies

• jec285
    jec285 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Please explain what this diet consists of.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Fad diets LIKE this usually restrict certain food groups, mainly carbs, which creates a higher caloric deficit.... therefore, you lose weight faster but at the cost of strength and muscle mass.

Have you gone to: http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

and used their calculator to see if your caloric needs and macros are somewhat correct?
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    found a link about it

http://themilitarydiet.com/military-diet-plan/

looks simple...food is kinda boring though.....its basically you eat very little for three days then eat 1500cals for 4days rinse and repeat..

at least it doesn't look like its restricting carbs or proteins...much
  • sesnow1s
    Options
    Here is the link that I found most helpful.

http://themilitarydiet.com/

You can look here and read it a whole lot faster than me typing it all out.
    Again, this isn't something I will do forever, just maybe a month or maybe even just once to kickstart my weight loss again. I started at 172 in 2012 and am now at 160. However, I can't seem to get OUT of the 160's. So aggravated..
  • martyqueen52
    Options
    After reading ... this diet looks like a joke.

How do they know 1500 calories won't put a female into a caloric surplus, or know ones activity level?

The types of food you eat don't matter. What matters for WEIGHT LOSS is calories.

Day 3: Breakfast
    5 saltine crackers
    1 slice of cheddar cheese
    1 small apple

Are you ****ing serious? LOL 5 crackers, apple, and cheese.... wow.
  • sesnow1s
    Options
    My usual calorie intake is typically under 1200 anyways. So this wouldn't be horrible for me. The 1500 calorie plan isn't part of the original military diet plan, that was added by whomever made the site, therefore ignore that part. Just the three day diet plan is what I am talking about. I would stick to my under 1200 calories a day after the three days.
    The breakfast sounds filling to me, I usually eat very little for breakfast anyways.
    I need something to boost my system though because I can't handle not losing anything while I'm working my butt off in the gym and eatign healthy stuff while everyone else eats pizza, cookies, and soda. lol.
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Why is your typical calorie intake under 1200? How tall are you?
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Perhaps your issue is that you've been undereating (you say you eat less than 1200 calories a day) for two years and your metabolism WAY down. You may need to eat more to get it back to a normal level, then eat at a REASONABLE deficit and the weight will come off.

Oh, and this diet is in no way associated with any branch of the military. Some doofus named it that to try to make it sound legitimate.
  • sesnow1s
    Options
    I am 5ft. 4in.
  • sesnow1s
    Options
    The name of the diet is irrelevant. Thus, me putting in parenthesis Cardiact Diet.
    I go to a doctor for my weight loss and he recommended 1200-1500. He said as long as I eat healthy snacks throughout the day it will not matter. I could just make an appointment, but I do not feel like making the payment for it :) lol
    I am sure he would snub his nose at this, or any diet. However, my body needs a kick. Something has to change. "Living a healthy lifestyle" takes a long time to show weight loss. I will continue with it of course, but I am looking for a kick.
  • martyqueen52
    Options
    Your problem is your under 1200 caloric intake.

I'm amazed at the sheer number of people coming on here complaining about weight loss and wanting to only consume minimal calories... if you "work your butt off in the gym" you need a lot more calories than 1200 for your stats.

160lbs
    5"4

workout 3x a week (I'm assuming)

You should be taking in 1600 at least.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    OP. I suggest you read this thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

If you're eating at a caloric deficit, especially at 1200, you would be losing weight no matter what. I think that you might be inaccurately logging your food.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    If you're not weighing, you're not logging.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Your problem is your under 1200 caloric intake.

I'm amazed at the sheer number of people coming on here complaining about weight loss and wanting to only consume minimal calories... if you "work your butt off in the gym" you need a lot more calories than 1200 for your stats.

160lbs
    5"4

workout 3x a week (I'm assuming)

You should be taking in 1600 at least.

Please explain how she would not be losing at 1200 calories but would be losing at 1600?
  • DrFlave
    DrFlave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    How long have you been stuck at your current weight? If it's only been a week or two, just give it more time. If you've stalled for a long time, lower your calorie goal a bit. Your body doesn't need a 'boost' or 'kick', just a modest caloric deficit. Also, it doesn't matter what specific foods you eat. You can have soda and chocolate if you want, just make sure you're under your calorie goal.
  • j_bryant07
    j_bryant07 Posts: 5
    Options
    I have not tried this diet. I have seen it. What is it that you do at the gym? I know what helped me lose 40lbs in 9 months is taking up running. I started out with the couch to 5k, then added strength training. I regularly eat at least 1200 calories and I am 5'1. Mostly I end up eating between 1200-1500. I noticed on the days where I logged my calories back when I did it religiously (I should probably still try)... there were a few days when I would eat under 1200, and this site would warn me that doing so would slow down my metabolism. I am 31, I can testify that I can not lose weight as fast or as easily as I could when I was in my 20's. Doing slimfast with no exercise I could lose about 2lbs a week. A slowed down metabolism is exactly what I do not want. Now I have to work hard and track my calories, drink my water, and I lose about a pound a week. I would suggest to eat at least 1200 calories and no lower. Also, maybe you should change the intensity of your exercises? I have also read that once you get close to your goal weight within the last 10lbs or so that it's hard to get it off. I have seen suggestions of fasting. That is not skipping eating at all, but say going to bed at like 10PM, and then not eating until at least 14 hours have passed, which would be delaying breakfast by like 2-4 hours, then packing all your eating into a certain time frame, and then stopping eating at like 6PM. I have not tried that either... but you could try doing that. Just google 'fasting'. I think I found it on the website nowloss.com. I hope that this helps you!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    no no no.

Only a moron trying to lose weight would do it this unhealthy way.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    try bumping up your calories a bit.

I know it sound crazy but I lose better when I eat more and I feel better since i'm not hungry. A friend of mine eats maintenance for 2 weeks every time she hits a wall, and then goes back into deficit. Works every time.

How much do you have left to lose? If you are close to goal the weight comes off slower. It's just how it is
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    After reading ... this diet looks like a joke.

Day 3: Breakfast
    5 saltine crackers
    1 slice of cheddar cheese
    1 small apple

Are you ****ing serious? LOL 5 crackers, apple, and cheese.... wow.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: