3 Day Military Diet (Cardiac Diet)

Options

Replies

• HaelaBaer
    HaelaBaer Posts: 44
    Options
    Intermittent fasting. Try skipping a meal and see how you feel. Drink water instead. If you feel ok , 2 days later, skip 2 meals.
    When you do eat, up your macros o that you get 50% of your calories from protein foods like meat fish and eggs. Skip dairy for a bit, skip carb and skip beans. Try to eliminate as much sugar as possible except in fruit, and even so, limit fruits. I hope this helps.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I am you there - i have often done this - and usually lose 5 lbs. Food is pretty basic and a part frankfurters and ice cream is quite healthy. This is not forever so 3 days is perfectly acceptable to me.

You do this often and usually lose 5 lbs yet still have weight to lose? If you don't see from your personal experiences what a load of crap this diet is there really is no way of making the obvious more clear, is there?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    The first thing I change with clients is exercise. The body adapts to exercise pretty quickly, so infusing a different type of workout can shock the body.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the advice I got from those of you whom were actually decent. I went ahead and talked to my doctor and he said I could do this for three days, and that it would in fact be beneficial as the combination of the foods actually does speed up your metabolism. I also will be taking the advice in upping my calories. I actually have where I intake 1340 but after exercise, it shows less than 1200, this is where I got confused. However, I will be upping my calories to 1140. Thank you for that info ;)

I do not need to " Learn" how to be healthy, I simply am unmotivated at times. And the only 12 lbs in two years is due to an illness which resulted in harsh medications and an inability to move out of a bed for quite sometime. So I hope you sleep good tonight whoever it was that made that extremely rude comment.

As much as I appreciate the helpful comments that were made, whether they are what I was hoping to hear or not, I will never make a post again on here.

I was under the impression this wasn't a "bash your neighbor" social networking site and was used for advice and support with fitness and nutrition. I am impressed by what those of you can say behind a keyboard, especially the guy with a picture that includes his hand being down his gym pants...yes, that thing you are searching for is missing, a common side affect of steroids ;)

Thank you again for the helpful advice give, it is greatly appreciated.

Best wishes!

Get a new doctor. Or go back to him and ask him to show you the evidence to support that claim. That combination of foods will speed up your metabolism is similar to the way my pet unicorn dispenses rainbow ice cream from his left butt cheek.
  • mlyn0812
    mlyn0812 Posts: 31
    Options
    I don't understand why people torture themselves on restrictive diets with boring food when they could easily lose weight eating a sensible plan with foods they actually enjoy. There's no foods that magical burn fat off your body. You could get fat off of broccoli, but you'd sure have to eat a lot of it. Eating more nutritious foods helps a whole lot with satiety and health but in the end weight loss always comes down to a calorie deficit.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people torture themselves on restrictive diets with boring food when they could easily lose weight eating a sensible plan with foods they actually enjoy. There's no foods that magical burn fat off your body. You could get fat off of broccoli, but you'd sure have to eat a lot of it. Eating more nutritious foods helps a whole lot with satiety and health but in the end weight loss always comes down to a calorie deficit.

Not all diets are comprised of boring foods and not all of us are able to stick to a 'sensible meal plan" without a guideline to follow. Plus your idea of sensible might be different then mine. I don't think this diet is sensible, nor do I think it is good for you. but not everyone can stop at one cookie. It's no secret that eating less is what helps you lose weight. It's so much easier said then done. If everyone could do it by practicing moderation and eating sensibly then there'd be no overweight people and no fad diets. Obviously some people need guidelines, meal plans or diets to follow that work and make sense to them. I just wish that the diet industry would offer diet that are geared toward healthy eating and rather then severe restriction and deprivation or relying on pills, chews or other weight loss gimmicks.

(ps i'm one of those people. Left to my own devices i'm eating the entire box of girl scout cookies)
  • ghettoct
    ghettoct Posts: 10
    Options
    Perhaps your issue is that you've been undereating (you say you eat less than 1200 calories a day) for two years and your metabolism WAY down. You may need to eat more to get it back to a normal level, then eat at a REASONABLE deficit and the weight will come off.

Oh, and this diet is in no way associated with any branch of the military. Some doofus named it that to try to make it sound legitimate.

military diet was a yellow sweat shirt, pistol belt with canteen, salad and PT, PT, PT, PT........salad.......PT PT PT......salad.....PT PT PT PT sleep....repeat...lol
  • shaylirae15
    Options
    This diet is no indicator to how people who are IN the military eat. But there is a reason it is called the military diet! This is actually a "meal plan" that recruiters will give to people who are looking to join, but don't quite meet height/weight requirements. My recruiter recently provided this as a suggestion.. it is not meant to be something that you stick to for long periods of time, just something to help you with a few stubborn pounds. When joining the military, recruiters just want to get you a few pounds under maximum requirements. Once you meet requirements, if you gain those few pounds back, it doesn't matter to them. It's simply for weigh-in purposes. Once you qualify for weigh-in at MEPS, it's up to you to take care of yourself and get in shape for basic training. But like I said, this is a quick fix to help you qualify at weigh-in, not something guaranteed to keep weight off. It can help you get over a weight loss plateau, but it's once the diet is over that is going to take the most will power.. not during. It's easy to stick to this for three days, but once you are done you have to have the will power to not binge and to continue eating clean, healthy foods if you want the weight to stay off.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    This diet is no indicator to how people who are IN the military eat. But there is a reason it is called the military diet! This is actually a "meal plan" that recruiters will give to people who are looking to join, but don't quite meet height/weight requirements. My recruiter recently provided this as a suggestion.. it is not meant to be something that you stick to for long periods of time, just something to help you with a few stubborn pounds. When joining the military, recruiters just want to get you a few pounds under maximum requirements. Once you meet requirements, if you gain those few pounds back, it doesn't matter to them. It's simply for weigh-in purposes. Once you qualify for weigh-in at MEPS, it's up to you to take care of yourself and get in shape for basic training. But like I said, this is a quick fix to help you qualify at weigh-in, not something guaranteed to keep weight off. It can help you get over a weight loss plateau, but it's once the diet is over that is going to take the most will power.. not during. It's easy to stick to this for three days, but once you are done you have to have the will power to not binge and to continue eating clean, healthy foods if you want the weight to stay off.

I've never met a recruiter advocating this in over two decades.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the advice I got from those of you whom were actually decent. I went ahead and talked to my doctor and he said I could do this for three days, and that it would in fact be beneficial as the combination of the foods actually does speed up your metabolism. I also will be taking the advice in upping my calories. I actually have where I intake 1340 but after exercise, it shows less than 1200, this is where I got confused. However, I will be upping my calories to 1140. Thank you for that info ;)

I do not need to " Learn" how to be healthy, I simply am unmotivated at times. And the only 12 lbs in two years is due to an illness which resulted in harsh medications and an inability to move out of a bed for quite sometime. So I hope you sleep good tonight whoever it was that made that extremely rude comment.

As much as I appreciate the helpful comments that were made, whether they are what I was hoping to hear or not, I will never make a post again on here.

I was under the impression this wasn't a "bash your neighbor" social networking site and was used for advice and support with fitness and nutrition. I am impressed by what those of you can say behind a keyboard, especially the guy with a picture that includes his hand being down his gym pants...yes, that thing you are searching for is missing, a common side affect of steroids ;)

Thank you again for the helpful advice give, it is greatly appreciated.

Best wishes!

Get a new doctor. Or go back to him and ask him to show you the evidence to support that claim. That combination of foods will speed up your metabolism is similar to the way my pet unicorn dispenses rainbow ice cream from his left butt cheek.
    Its from the right butt cheek.
  • smrcampfan1
    smrcampfan1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Please let me know how this worked out! I am starting today.
  • LFA50
    LFA50 Posts: 58
    Options
    I lost 6 lbs in one week using this as kind of a guide. I did not follow it exact (no hot dogs) and I eat frozen lowfat Greek yogurt, not ice cream.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Quotation-Hunter-S-Thompson-right-excellence-Meetville-Quotes-248833.jpg

And a 3 day diet.....is just WRONG
  • LFA50
    LFA50 Posts: 58
    Options
    Anything worth doing is worth doing for longer than 3 days.

it's 3 days on, 4 days off for however as long as you want
  • KseRz
    Options
    Anything worth doing is worth doing for longer than 3 days.

it's 3 days on, 4 days off for however as long as you want

http://www.answerfitness.com/532/top-10-fad-diets-diet-reviews/

The 3 Day Military Diet (Cardiac Diet) is #11
  • KseRz
    Options
    I lost 6 lbs in one week using this as kind of a guide. I did not follow it exact (no hot dogs) and I eat frozen lowfat Greek yogurt, not ice cream.

You lost 5lbs of water and 1lb of lean mass and fat (what ratio...who knows?)
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    It could work, I have seen word from two different trainers Chris powers and Pauline from Fighter diet .com that talk about about Refeeds.. and really what that is , is just increasing your calorie intake by 500+ calories for a week or two with little to no exercising.

Then after two weeks try again.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    In for ridiculousness. And moron doctor.
  • hkussatz
    hkussatz Posts: 41
    Options
    Agreed! Increase your caloric intake..... Its amazing how much u can lose when u fuel your body right. I always weigh less the days I up my intake seriously!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I am still stuck on the doctor and his claims that this diet will kick your metabolism. The less food you eat, the slower your metabolism is going to be. A properly fueld body (ie more than 1000 calories a day) is going to have a better metabolism.