Replies

• helenlovesruby
    helenlovesruby Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • KelleyKeigley
    KelleyKeigley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look amazing what foods did you eat because I've plateaued out on them not losing the weight it's frustrating and how many calories did you eat per day? I don't know what else to do
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!

Can I ask if you had a big change in energy?
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    You look amazing what foods did you eat because I've plateaued out on them not losing the weight it's frustrating and how many calories did you eat per day? I don't know what else to do
    The types of foods you eat don't matter in terms of weight loss, that's all about calories. I tend to eat foods that keep me full. Fruits, vegetables, lean meats, etc. Less filling, less nutritious foods are eaten in moderation.
    You look awesome!

Can I ask if you had a big change in energy?
    HUGE

• italiangurl1972
    italiangurl1972 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    just wow! congrats and im originally from canton/massillon
  • dayviewing
    dayviewing Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    4. Not listening when people say "you lost enough already" or "you are getting too skinny"

Awesome points! How has losing weight and getting ripped affected your relationships with friends and family? The good ? The bad?
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Amazing job sir.
    Congratulations and thanks for the tips
  • clarkstant
    clarkstant Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey man, Congrats. I am 45 days into using MFP and have really settled into it. I'm 6'2 and started at 266 and am down to 241.5. I have a very large frame, so 215 is a good weight for me and my goal weight of 200 would be very light. I have done a little jogging, but mostly just MFP and Fitbit (10k steps everyday) are doing the weight loss trick for me. I feel great, but I also am feeling weak at times. I was an athlete in my younger days, and eventually I would much rather be strong and explosive than skinny and weak. I always enjoyed lifting, but for some reason while I am restricting calories I just can't seem to get in that lifting mode, and other times when I have been on a lifting kick I can't seem to control my diet well enough to get in the shape I want to. Regardless, I have been considering starting a 5x5 workout. I read in your post that you are a fan. I would rather be strong than pumped up and I like the efficient use of time that it offers. I have 3 young boys, so I don't have a lot of gym time to burn. Would you recommend starting that now, even though I have no intention of increasing my calorie intake until I get at least in the 215 range. I am considering doing a relatively low intensity circuit training (I like the Abs Diet workouts) because it is easy to accomplish and would fit well with my MFP and Fitbit autopilot weight loss strategy at the moment. However, I am torn between that and 5x5. I am worried it would be a waste at such low calorie intake. Lastly, regardless of your answer to the 1st question, which 5x5 program would you recommend? Thanks for the inspiration and I love the Idea of doing your own AMA. Very cool.
  • pawlita_1
    pawlita_1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name is Paula and I'm from Argentina. I would like to congratulate you and tell you I'm really happy for you. Sorry for my English, it's not my mother language
  • thuautumn
    thuautumn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! well done!
  • chiefdave74
    chiefdave74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hugely inspirational stuff. I've watched the video on calculating calories and macros. I have a couple of quick questions.

I'm at 350 pounds, being 6' tall and 41 years old. I've got a hell of a lot of weight to lose. When I calculate calories I get 3150 (350 x 9). I get that is the amount to maintain so my calories consumed need to be less but how much less. I've been messing around on here today putting in what I could eat in a day and struggle to hit 2500 let alone 3150. Is that too low, how low would be too low?

It mentions in one of the videos not being OCD about how close to hitting the target for each macro you are. How close would you class as acceptable. I've put in what I think I could consume on a 'typical' day and I come out at 2500 calorie goal I come in 300 calories short but also 7g protein and 4g fat short? Is that close enough or do I need to add something else in. Seems a bit counter intuitive to add more food when trying to lose weight so I wanted to check if it was needed!
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    dayviewing wrote: »
    4. Not listening when people say "you lost enough already" or "you are getting too skinny"

Awesome points! How has losing weight and getting ripped affected your relationships with friends and family? The good ? The bad?
    Didn't really change much. My family and friends have always been very supportive. Sometimes I'm sure its annoying that I prefer to go out to eat to certain restaurants vs other, but I am flexible enough with my dieting that it usually doesn't interfere.
    clarkstant wrote: »
    Hey man, Congrats. I am 45 days into using MFP and have really settled into it. I'm 6'2 and started at 266 and am down to 241.5. I have a very large frame, so 215 is a good weight for me and my goal weight of 200 would be very light. I have done a little jogging, but mostly just MFP and Fitbit (10k steps everyday) are doing the weight loss trick for me. I feel great, but I also am feeling weak at times. I was an athlete in my younger days, and eventually I would much rather be strong and explosive than skinny and weak. I always enjoyed lifting, but for some reason while I am restricting calories I just can't seem to get in that lifting mode, and other times when I have been on a lifting kick I can't seem to control my diet well enough to get in the shape I want to. Regardless, I have been considering starting a 5x5 workout. I read in your post that you are a fan. I would rather be strong than pumped up and I like the efficient use of time that it offers. I have 3 young boys, so I don't have a lot of gym time to burn. Would you recommend starting that now, even though I have no intention of increasing my calorie intake until I get at least in the 215 range. I am considering doing a relatively low intensity circuit training (I like the Abs Diet workouts) because it is easy to accomplish and would fit well with my MFP and Fitbit autopilot weight loss strategy at the moment. However, I am torn between that and 5x5. I am worried it would be a waste at such low calorie intake. Lastly, regardless of your answer to the 1st question, which 5x5 program would you recommend? Thanks for the inspiration and I love the Idea of doing your own AMA. Very cool.
    A 5x5 will be superior to circuit training in my opinion. You won't gain muscle while in a calorie deficit, but you will prevent the loss of lean tissue. A 5x5 accomplishes that quite well. I recommend the ICF 5x5.
  • TreseaMyers
    TreseaMyers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow that is truly amazing! A brilliant achievement!

• TreseaMyers
    TreseaMyers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What diet did you use?
  • micmin2015
    micmin2015 Posts: 134 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Dude that's awesome. I was at an all time high of 287 lbs about a month ago. I currently weight about 266 lbs .I want to get down to about 200 lbs but supposedly I'm to be at 157 lbs to be at a healthy bmi but i have a very big framed body so when I hit 200 lbs I will go see my doctor to have a full check up. Your post gives me the extra motivation that I need.
  • Suzieqgirl
    Suzieqgirl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow! You don't look like the same person! Congratulation on turning your life around!
  • frobbit85
    frobbit85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So I started my journey at 300 ponds and I was able to get down to 174. I have been stuck for a while and have been working on getting back in the gym I would like to lose about 30 to 40 more pounds.

My question for you is when working out do you increase your calories based on how much you worked out?
    I have read many things both encouraging and discouraging this.
    What worked for you?

I also read that you eat twice a day, approx how many calories for each meal do you consume and is it breakfast and dinner, or when do you usually eat? Do you eat after you work out?

Sorry for so many question :)
  • bronkeekong
    bronkeekong Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Did you, or do you still have overweight people in your life telling you that you are doing it wrong?

I can lose 20 lbs and someone will say, oh that's not healthy, you need to monitor your sodium more or fat ratio, etc. Meanwhile they are not losing weight.

BTW, good job.You obviously know what you're doing. You lost it all.
  • ShapingTheLaw
    ShapingTheLaw Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Did you, or do you still have overweight people in your life telling you that you are doing it wrong?

I can lose 20 lbs and someone will say, oh that's not healthy, you need to monitor your sodium more or fat ratio, etc. Meanwhile they are not losing weight.

BTW, good job.You obviously know what you're doing. You lost it all.

Omgosh, you are so right! I've just recently started reading and responding on MFP, and instead of educating eachother, learning, cheering eachother on, I have come across so much criticism from people who have yet to reach their goal and are in denial. I was really fat (gained over 50 lbs after each pregnancy. I was miserable mostly because I was always athletic when I was younger and I couldn't even play with my own young children. I woke up in pain in my joints each morning and I kept thinking (blaming) it was just age. I finally stopped feeling sorry for myself and made lots of changes in my lifestyle choices. I read and read on other women with my weight struggles who succeeded so that I could be successful too. I had to take responsibility for my own choices. No one held a gun to my head to force me to eat bowls of cereal while watching late night TV or guzzling down Frappuccino because I felt tired after a stressful day at work. Now, when I hear that voice in my head that whines because I didn't binge on ice cream with my kids (lI chose a fruit protein shake instead) I tell that voice to shut up and enjoy the company of my children. It's not always easy but it's soo worth it to feel alive again. I'm a better mother, wife and friend now. I know it's cliché but it's the truth.
  • suzydrmz
    suzydrmz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :) thats awesome
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!