It's time to debate something really important

Options

Replies

• RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I like to barbecue big slices of seitan:p

No, no, no. That is just wrong. Horribly, horribly wrong.

tumblr_lkuasvB7Vz1qdfv3oo1_250.gif
  • RabbitLost
    Options
    Yeah, I was hoping it would be something like this ........ I'll dream about BBQ all night now ..... it's a beautiful thing !

feedme_zps9429b517.jpg

Always glad to be of service.
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Also, I had Hawaiian barbecue tonight for the first time, and I gotta say, not impressed. But it was a chain, and in SoCal, so those could definitely be factors working against an otherwise good style. (Love me some bulgogi, though, while we're including non-continental US/non-American BBQ styles.)

So you actively seek out barbecue whilst traveling? Are you married? Wait. I am. Dern!!

Wait...do people NOT actively seek out barbecue while traveling?

I'm married too--oh my god, brainstorm! Cross country BBQ traveling double date!! :flowerforyou:
  • RabbitLost
    Options
    Also, I had Hawaiian barbecue tonight for the first time, and I gotta say, not impressed. But it was a chain, and in SoCal, so those could definitely be factors working against an otherwise good style. (Love me some bulgogi, though, while we're including non-continental US/non-American BBQ styles.)

So you actively seek out barbecue whilst traveling? Are you married? Wait. I am. Dern!!

I'm married too--oh my god, brainstorm! Cross country BBQ traveling double date!! :flowerforyou:

So EFFing in!!

giphy.gif
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Apparently I got lucky when my dad got stationed in Texas cuz Texas bbq is (predominantly) beef and I just don't like pork. Grilled or not. lol Shredded beef brisket on a slice of bread and I'm a happy camper.
  • AtticWindow
    Options

So EFFing in!!

giphy.gif

And a BOWIE gif? Oh, my heart.
  • AtticWindow
    Options
    While we're on the subject of eating smoked and grilled meats, I'd like to see if I'm the only weirdo in this thread that crunches their meat's bones into submission. I leave some of the cleanest bones you've ever seen on my plate, especially with chicken. Some people think that's really gross, I guess?? :frown:
  • zaellany
    zaellany Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Apparently I got lucky when my dad got stationed in Texas cuz Texas bbq is (predominantly) beef and I just don't like pork. Grilled or not. lol Shredded beef brisket on a slice of bread and I'm a happy camper.

YES. THIS.
  • RabbitLost
    Options
    While we're on the subject of eating smoked and grilled meats, I'd like to see if I'm the only weirdo in this thread that crunches their meat's bones into submission. I leave some of the cleanest bones you've ever seen on my plate, especially with chicken. Some people think that's really gross, I guess?? :frown:

Like a dog. Depending on the cut, say a T-bone, I dig every fleshy, marrowy part out. This is getting a bit spooky. :noway:
  • AtticWindow
    Options

Like a dog. Depending on the cut, say a T-bone, I dig every fleshy, marrowy part out. This is getting a bit spooky. :noway:

094f900f061edae26596463a99748b61.jpg
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Brazilian BBQ. Look up churascaria restaurants.
    All you can eat BBQ for about $6-8 cdn.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I don't like BBQ >.> lol
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I will eat all the bbq. I don't care where it comes from.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Whole, in-ground roast pig. Those are the best food parties. Everyone is required to bring their own favorite sauce, bonus points for home made. We dry rub the little sucker before he goes to ground for 5 hours. It is SO good! Now I'm excited for June.
  • RabbitLost
    Options
    I don't like BBQ >.> lol

Reporting you to the Rabbit Patrol. You are indeed sinisterly.:angry:
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian BBQ
  • lolosensan
    lolosensan Posts: 251
    Options
    I think this is the first time I'm learning BBQ is the name of the cuisine? Where I am from it is just the apparatus for making hot dogs and hamburgers. So is any grilled, pulled meat with barbecue sauce, barbecue? What is this?!!
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    I think this is the first time I'm learning BBQ is the name of the cuisine? Where I am from it is just the apparatus for making hot dogs and hamburgers. So is any grilled, pulled meat with barbecue sauce, barbecue? What is this?!!
    That would be a grill.
  • lolosensan
    lolosensan Posts: 251
    Options
    That would be a grill.

We call it a barbecue.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    That would be a grill.

We call it a barbecue.
    Never said you were wrong, did I?
    Still. It's a grill. ;)