30 Pounds By Christmas? 10wks. Start 10/18 JOIN!

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• jadedbunny28
    Options
    I am in, ladies!!! Let's do this! :)
  • ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options
    Well, I'm just going to comment now because I have a lovely 15 hour day at work today and likely won't be able to check in today since I also have a 15 hour day tomorrow. So on to the exciting stuff.

I have 75 minutes of cardio/strength training that I'll be doing in just a few minutes
    Water is not problem I usually drink at least the 11 glasses and when I'm at work I always have my water bottle handy.
    My meals for today are already planned so I should be alright on the calorie front.
    Finally, I am totally planning on taking the kids at work outside for a while it's only 43ºF atm but the high is 78ºF woohoo!

Good luck guys!
  • andipanda
    Options
    12 lbs! That is awesome girl! Keep up the great job.
  • JuliaRose73
    Options
    For Thursday.... I hit all the challenges placed before us. I had my water, did my exercising, and had dinner with the boyfriend last night. All in all a great day for me! Wishing I could go outside right about now to play for today, but I'm sure my manager will wonder what I'm doing!

Everyone have a safe and successful weekend!
  • IngeS18
    IngeS18 Posts: 36
    Options
    That sounds like a very drastic plan; 30 lbs by Christmas. But awesome if you can pull it off! Just make sure you exercise enough so you lose the extra skin-size as well and not just the fat!

I only have a few pounds to lose, but I wouldn't mind supporting you guys and the great challenge you have ahead of you! And if anyone wants to help me out with my goals that will be greatly appreciated as well! =D

Good luck!!!
  • brieski24
    Options
    202.6 this morning :( Time to get down to business, yesterday was a stressful day @ work and I caved on my calorie intake!
    Today... starting fresh! Back to my PCOS diet and drinking water, water, water!!!!!!

Goal by XMAS- 175!
    Reward- TBA! :-p
  • spulido01
    spulido01 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Well almost 3lbs so far. It feels great to get back on track. I did so well at the being of the year, but then started dating and really threw me off. I have worked out each day, even if it's walking a mile. Wishing everyone luck here. I know we can do it.
  • SanDiegoUbermom
    SanDiegoUbermom Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Just starting out my day and getting ready to do my walk. I figured it out that I'm walking 2 miles during my 45 minutes. I think next week I'll add a bit more and maybe take the dogs with me. :tongue:

This has been a wonderful find, it's got me motivated and it's just what I needed.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • ffleury
    Options
    Count me in!!!
    10/22 Weight 193
    12/30 weight 163
  • fsuxo2003
    Options
    Exercise - check. Only 45 minutes instead of 50 but HRM showed 675 calories at the end of the step class so pretty chuffed!

What brand of HRM do you use???

I did 42 mins of walking the pooch yesterday, went over in calories but only by 17 (ish).....

Today I am on schedule, still have 650 calories left for dinner tonight and running Race for the Cure in the morning!
  • karenlmartel
    karenlmartel Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I want to Join!!!

10/22: 159lbs
    12/25: 129lbs
  • tanias11
    Options
    water = check! and its only 1:30 pm! :) deff drinking a lot more with dinner and my 3 hr class tonight!
    under cals = check! with 120 left
    exercise = 30 day shred

okay so i lied about the 30 day shred :( but i still was under and drank all my water! :) and today i will be going to the gym doing AT LEAST 60 mins. i gotta do 3lbs a week to reach 30 lbs less by x-mas!!! i HAVE to do this!!!!!

today; water= check! under cal= not the end of the day but of course! and exercise= gym today :)
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    YES>>>YOU CAN STILL JOIN!! It's NEVER TOO LATE to get motivated.

To those doubting our 30 pound challenge......YES, it's going to be tough to reach, that's why I chose it! And, if we don't hit 30 but still lose something, I call that a VICTORY TOO!! There's no room for failure in my mind or in my life anymore.

If I don't hit 30 by Christmas, then I will by New Year's, or by Valentine's. You see, for me, it's more than just accomplishing something on a scale...its a change that I have to make for my life.

Currently, I come from a very overweight family. I am battling years of unhealthy eating, unhealthy weight loss..and GAIN, and tons of negative thinking.

So, for me, I'm not going to be DEVASTATED AND GIVE UP if I don't make 30 by then. BUT...I"M GOING TO!!! so YAY!

And so are All of YOU!!
  • wife2mikejh
    Options
    I did bad at breakfast today but did good at lunch. I only have 590 calories left for the day and 110 of them will be used at 3 for my snack. I will try to incorporate some exercise today so I can overcome the bad I did this morning!!! I had two pieced of cold pizza. I don't even know why I did it! I am drinking water right now but I need to drink more. I plan on going on long walks this Sat. and Sunday. I am nervous for Monday's weigh in!
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    Ok, checking in for today...

I've done 60 minutes at the gym. whoot woot!

I got in 20 minutes on the treadmill, 20 minutes weights, and 20 minutes racquetball!!

It's official, I can't move!! hahaha.....

I'm behind on water today!! I'm about to go down some! (along with ibuprofen! :grumble: ) lol..

I'm going to be stretching and tomorrow's workout I may do something a little lower impact, but still get my exercise in!

When my baby boy wakes from his nap we are going outside to PLAY! As for calories, I'm doing great, but haven't chosen the best of foods today! blah.... I'm still under calorie goals though! So, even though I cheated, I'm still burning more than I'm taking in! Does that count? haha..

Ok...off to drink drink drink.......
  • cmlewis86
    cmlewis86 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

To those doubting our 30 pound challenge......YES, it's going to be tough to reach, that's why I chose it! And, if we don't hit 30 but still lose something, I call that a VICTORY TOO!! There's no room for failure in my mind or in my life anymore.

If I don't hit 30 by Christmas, then I will by New Year's, or by Valentine's. You see, for me, it's more than just accomplishing something on a scale...its a change that I have to make for my life.

Currently, I come from a very overweight family. I am battling years of unhealthy eating, unhealthy weight loss..and GAIN, and tons of negative thinking.

So, for me, I'm not going to be DEVASTATED AND GIVE UP if I don't make 30 by then. BUT...I"M GOING TO!!! so YAY!

And so are All of YOU!!

This is the reason you are such a great leader for us. I come from a long line of overweight family as well and I am dying to break the trend instead of looking just like my mother. Kudos to your positive thinking and keep up the motivation....WE NEED IT!!
  • PoshTaush
    Options

And so are All of YOU!!

This is the reason you are such a great leader for us. I come from a long line of overweight family as well and I am dying to break the trend instead of looking just like my mother. Kudos to your positive thinking and keep up the motivation....WE NEED IT!!

Thank you! All of you motivate me. Your postitve reinforcement helps me stay focused throughout the day. It reminds me that others are watching me. Well, as much as you can watch through the internet that is. Also, there are so many of you that are doing above and beyond what I'm doing. Thank you for doing that because it reminds me that, "Hey, I better get my booty in gear!"

Love and Hugs to all of you!

Posh...
  • janeam
    janeam Posts: 16
    Options
    I didn't get any excercise in today. I was going to go walk but my daughter had a meltdown and missed the bus so I had to skip my workout and take her to school. Then had stressful day so don't feel motivated to excercise tonight. Maybe I will later but as for now don't think it is going to happen. I am way under my calories today which is incredible. Can't believe my resolve. Today was teacher snack day in the lounge. I didn't even enter the lounge. I ate a low cal lunch in my classroom. Hubby wants to take me to the movies so don't know if I can resist the popcorn. I have definately gotten my water in.

Just for record stepped on scale this morning and have lost 5.5 pounds since Monday.
  • simplykim419
    simplykim419 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yey me, I made my butt go to the gym even though I am still wore out from Aunt Flo. Spent 48 minutes working out not counting cool down time. With the cool down time, I hit the 50 minutes.

Plus I have had my 10 glasses of water so far today and should be way under my calories today. Since I am craving sweets right now very badly, I am going to go have a Jello pudding.

I will not get out to play outside since I have no small kids but tomorrow I told my husband I want to go do something outside as long as it does not rain.

I went out looking for a HRM today but have not found one that I am positive will work. Everything I have read says to get a Polar but the only thing I have found so far is Sportsline. What does everyone use?