Agree to Disagree and Move On...don't get hostile to posters

Options

Replies

• Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    thpineappledance.gif~c200

Pssh. Stupid photobucket users taking down their gifs. Never should have trusted that site, anyway.
  • Bamboo678
    Bamboo678 Posts: 5
    Options

tumblr_n4rq36Ho6J1qdlh1io1_400.gif

It's too bad some people don't believe science because it's cool

I've been staring at this cheetah for so long, I don't even remember what this thread was about.

LOL I'm with you on this one. I actually remember the National Geography episode on which this was featured. So fascinating!! For the record (I think), that impala got away. Cheetahs (and tigers and all other cats) expend SO MUCH energy within seconds with that sprint to a point that they almost starve to death.
  • firfeous
    firfeous Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    RESEARCH PROJECT: Post a comment on social media simply asking people to be nice in posts to others.
    SUSPECTED OUTCOME: Majority of posts will be negative. Results checked after 50 posts.

OUTCOME: 14% POSITIVE COMMENTS
    68% NEGATIVE COMMENTS
    18% INDETERMINATE

Thank you for proving my point. And to all the positive posters, don't stop what you're doing. ;-)

2a81d3c.jpg

IN for skewing your numbers :flowerforyou:

Hey, aren't you supposed to be doing something else right now? Like me?
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    RESEARCH PROJECT: Post a comment on social media simply asking people to be nice in posts to others.
    SUSPECTED OUTCOME: Majority of posts will be negative. Results checked after 50 posts.

68% NEGATIVE COMMENTS
    18% INDETERMINATE

Thank you for proving my point. And to all the positive posters, don't stop what you're doing. ;-)
    but your post is flawed. do you take every comment that disagrees with you or the OP as negative?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Extra credit for pineapples and cats.

cat+wearing+pineapple.jpg

Sharks are better.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPA6cgETkEPHgwsEqd9iwgT72YS97nGTZC-kXKV-m2a_PftmuN

ETA: Cause science!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

68% NEGATIVE COMMENTS
    18% INDETERMINATE

but your post is flawed. do you take every comment that disagrees with you or the OP as negative?

science1.png
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    What the eyes cannot unsee...

Googling for a cheetah/pineapple pic....

81069070.jpg

I win don't I? :laugh:
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

68% NEGATIVE COMMENTS
    18% INDETERMINATE

Your results have been rejected for the following reason:

Experimental design does not match stated project.

Suggested revision:

Change project statement to accurately reflect the experiment performed. Example: "Post a condescending comment directly criticizing the behavior of others and instruct them on how to act differently in the future."

+1 :drinker:
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    As I said - I love gifs...

pineappledance.gif

Am I the only one mesmerized by this thing?!?!?!
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options

I've been staring at this cheetah for so long, I don't even remember what this thread was about.

LOL I'm with you on this one. I actually remember the National Geography episode on which this was featured. So fascinating!! For the record (I think), that impala got away. Cheetahs (and tigers and all other cats) expend SO MUCH energy within seconds with that sprint to a point that they almost starve to death.

No they can't starve to death because starvation mode makes them hold on to all their fat :angry:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

68% NEGATIVE COMMENTS
    18% INDETERMINATE

Damn, I missed the science. I love the science.
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options

New research project:
    1. Get pineapple after work
    2. Cut pineapple into a cat helmet
    3. Attempt to put pineapple on cat's head

Projected outcome:
    An ER visit with face, arms and hands scratched to pieces by normally docile cat who has too much self-respect to wear fruit.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options

81069070.jpg

If the assignment is real I demand you include this picture. Prominently. Possibly as the cover sheet...

Dont forget Godwins Law

4089738+_1c1c45557b77bb52182873f745979fd7.gif
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

81069070.jpg

You may have won, but somehow I think we all lost....
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

68% NEGATIVE COMMENTS
    18% INDETERMINATE

You do realize that your opinion is what is determining the outcome.

Not only that, but her presentation and the overall topic. Telling people to "check themselves" (so to speak) is pretty aggressive.

ETA: But now this thread could be deemed one created to purposefully incite drama within the community. Way to go OP.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

New research project:
    1. Get pineapple after work
    2. Cut pineapple into a cat helmet
    3. Attempt to put pineapple on cat's head

Projected outcome:
    An ER visit with face, arms and hands scratched to pieces by normally docile cat who has too much self-respect to wear fruit.

Part 2 of experiment:
    Get pineapple
    Cut pineapple into a cat helmet
    Put pineapple where cat cannot get it, such as in a shoebox on the top shelf of closet.

Projected outcome:
    Cat will succeed in sticking head in pineapple.
  • Bamboo678
    Bamboo678 Posts: 5
    Options

No they can't starve to death because starvation mode makes them hold on to all their fat :angry:

lol not so true for cats...but at the end they would die if they've gone too long without food or don't have enough energy to chase after another prey. According to NG, the dead cats turn into vulture food.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    You know, the more I try to answer questions on these forums the less desire I have to do it, too.

But it's mostly because I'm tired of being called a mean, hostile, ignorant, negative, bully, troll.

Every single helpful poster on these forums is labeled as a mean person eventually.

So keep fighting the good fight and get us mean people off of your boards.

I'll be looking for a good plateau thread to post in. There should be 80 or 90 of them to choose from by now.

PS I do check my attitude btw...imagine if I didn't
  • FraggleRockerFitnessLover
    Options
    This one time, at Band Camp...