Replies

• jturchi
    jturchi Posts: 7
    Options
    Name: Jenny
    Starting Weight/Date: 168.3 - May 5, 2014
    Current Weight/Date: 166.2 - May 7, 2014
    Goal Weight/Date: - 149 by. August 2, 2014

I'm going on a family vacation so I would like to be at 149 by the time we leave. I've been on WW but feel like the "free foods" have not helped me after seeing the calories for fruits and vegetables! Plus I lost my motivation. Now it's back!
    Name: Jenny
    Starting Weight/Date: 168.3 - May 5, 2014
    Current Weight/Date: 164.9 - May 12, 2014 (Loss of 3.4 for Week 1. Yippee!)
    Goal Weight/Date: - 149 by. August 2, 2014
  • KLJ13
    KLJ13 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for a challenge like this. I might be the old lady of the group though. I will be 46 in a couple weeks, but I realized my kids have never seen me skinny.
    Name: Kris
    Current weight 172.2
    Goal weight 150
  • nicruns
    nicruns Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    PERFECT timing!
    (I'm training for an endurance race in Sept!)
  • Cloudborn
    Cloudborn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need something like this to keep me motivated!

Name: Sofia
    Height: 157cm (5"2)
    Time Frame: 12th May - 12th September
    Starting Weight: 79.7kg
    Goal: 10kg! (69.7kg)
  • squishycatmew
    squishycatmew Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'll do it!
    Name: Kerry
    Starting Weight (May 12): 197.8 lbs
    Goal Weight (July 6): 187 lbs
    Goal Weight (September 12): 177 lbs

(Have to go to my boyfriend's cousin's wedding in Paris in July - would love to be able to fit into something cute from Modcloth for it!)
  • danicaliforn1a
    danicaliforn1a Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Start date May 12.

Name: Danielle, 5'7", Age 27

SW: 160
    CW: 149.5
    GW: 130
  • nerdymathgrrl
    nerdymathgrrl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    3 pounds down for this challenge and 44 total since October! :-)
  • catlov3r
    catlov3r Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm going to Europe in Sept. for a wedding. I'm in!

Name: Sarah
    Start Date: May 12
    Height: 5'4"
    Starting Weight: 156
    Current Weight: 156
    Goal Weight (Sept): 135

Is there a way to follow this board? Is there a group set up or do I just have to search for this post every time?
    Is anybody else using TurboFire for this challenge?
  • KLJ13
    KLJ13 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to follow this board? Is there a group set up or do I just have to search for this post every time?
    Is anybody else using TurboFire for this challenge?
    [/quote]

When you click on the message board, there is an option for "My Topics". I found it that way.
  • BikiniDreamer7
    Options
    I'm IN! :)

Current weight: 194.3
    Goal weight for September 12: 174

Let's do this!!
  • shinogirl
    shinogirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 5'3" and have two kids. I want to go back to my pre-pregnancy weight.

SW: 132lbs (April 13)
    CW: 125lbs (May 12)
    GW: 110lbs (September 1)

Let's do this!
  • tlvh72
    tlvh72 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm in for the challenge!

Tammy
    SW: 236.8 5/12/14
    GW: 216 by September
    Actual goal weight 165
  • kimacduff
    kimacduff Posts: 29
    Options
    I've lost 5.2 pounds so far. I have about 12 more to go.to get to 140. I'm at 152.6 down from 157.8. I actually weighed more than that but didn't start this until I had lost about another 1.5 pounds. I have a couple of challenges where I was at family gatherings & didn't have many choices for eating. I did have salads & good food that I brought, but couldn't refuse to eat the main course provided. I have managed to get back on track right away. It's a little frustrating to go backwards even though it's temporary.
  • kimacduff
    Options
    I have been looking for a challenge like this. I might be the old lady of the group though. I will be 46 in a couple weeks, but I realized my kids have never seen me skinny.
    Name: Kris
    Current weight 172.2
    Goal weight 150
    I just turned 59. Never too old to get healthy ;)
  • kimacduff
    Options
    Well, if you look at my numbers, it only looks like I lost a half pound. :( BUT, I feel great and I really think I'm going to see bigger results this week. I don't have a lot of after work activities planned, so that means more gym time. Today I'm doing cardio, abs, and back.

I usually run outside, but today am going to use the equipment at the gym. My goal is 45 minutes. To keep myself from getting bored, I'm going to switch it up and do 2 or 3 things: treadmill, elliptical, bike. Just not sure exactly what.

Name: Laurie
    Starting Weight/Date: 143 - May 6, 2014
    Current Weight/Date: 142.5 - May 12, 2014
    Goal Weight/Date: 120/123 - September 15, 2014

Stay Focused! And when you're tempted to be lazy or eat something bad for you, remember your personal goal and your personal reason. Stay Strong!
    Since you are working out so much , you may be losing the fat, but gaining muscle which weighs more. Did you take measurements when you started? That will tell the whole story. If you didn't measure , I'm sure you'll be able to tell when your clothes fit better. Keep up the great job.
  • msfine2328
    msfine2328 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm in if it's still ok. I have a challenge with my best friend on who can lose the most weight by September. This will help me even more.
    I'm Julie
    Starting weight: 160 I believe
    Current weight: 153
    Goal weight: between 135-140
    I am 5'5"
    Feel free to add me as a friend also :smile:
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I'm down. But, what are we supposed to do? Do I start today to be totally on point with my logging, and exercise? That last question I just posed sounded stupid becasue I'm supposed to be doing that anyway.

OK, challenge accepted. 240 to 220 in 5 months.

5'9"
    SW: 250
    CW: around 238-240
    Challenge Weight: 220

Aaaaaand.......GO!
  • laurie858
    laurie858 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    We have 100 people who are IN on this thread!!

What do you say we close this, and I'll make a private group for us (instead of a discussion thread)?
  • laurie858
    laurie858 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    We have 100 people who are IN on this thread!!

What do you say we close this, and I'll make a private group for us (instead of a discussion thread)?

Private Group Created

You should have received an invite. Let me know if you didn't. I may have made a typo on your username.
  • JBella0125
    JBella0125 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am having a difficult time right now. I am a respiratory therapist who worked 12 hour shifts on my feet and running like crazy in a 12 floor trauma center. Back in February 2014 I injured myself badly doing CPR on a patient. I have a severe back injury. After many attempts of ESI injections etc. to avoid surgery my doc recommended surgery. I consulted with a neurosurgeon and he was concerned about the weight I've gained since my injury. I have become so disabled from this injury I can't walk/stand/sit/lay without extreme pain. I take meds to help with pain but I still don't have much relief. The surgeon wants me to lose the 50+ lbs I've gained since my injury. I'm struggling so bad and I am now on phentermine to help aid with losing the weight. I'm starting a new physical therapy program tomorrow. I'm hoping I can be able to do more activity so I can lose the lbs. I'm also hoping to get a walker soon so I can try to walk more. I'm only 30 years old....I've been holding it together emotionally fairly we'll until this past week. I'm scared, I'm sad and I'm in pain. Has anyone been through something like this? I could definitely use some support and encouragement right now.