20 Pounds in 5 Months: May - Sept

Options

Replies

• lomille
    lomille Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Private Group Created

You should have received an invite. Let me know if you didn't. I may have made a typo on your username.

Please could you send me an invite to the group? I'm a little late to the party :(

Name: Lo
    Start Date: May 13
    Height: 5'11"
    Current Weight: 190
    Goal Weight (Sept): 170
  • Daph20022000
    Options
    I'M IN TOO!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I am in.
    Current weight 184.6
    September 2014 weight 164.6

I still will need to lose an additional 35 pounds. Great start.
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Is a group going to be created??
  • DanielleH1213
    DanielleH1213 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    We have 100 people who are IN on this thread!!

What do you say we close this, and I'll make a private group for us (instead of a discussion thread)?

Can you please send me an invite to the group? I am interested in joining!
  • linzbarker
    linzbarker Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in for this. I'm getting married October 11th so this is awesome!

Name: Lindsay
    CW: May 13th - 150lbs
    GW: Sept 15th, 130lbs
    Height: 5'4"
  • Blake1510
    Blake1510 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am in as well.

CW : May 13th - 215 lbs

September 2014 weight - 195 lbs
  • julianamagro
    julianamagro Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We have 100 people who are IN on this thread!!

What do you say we close this, and I'll make a private group for us (instead of a discussion thread)?

Can I please join too? It would help me a lot!!!!
  • new_me_14
    new_me_14 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Would love to loose 20 pounds by September!!

SW: 178.8
    CW: 174
    GW(for sept): 154
  • AwesomeLisa
    AwesomeLisa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Can I join too?

I'm 5'2"

SW - 155
    CW - 150
    GW for Sept - 130
  • ilovetoeatsweets
    ilovetoeatsweets Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I want to be a part of this...I want to be able to lose 20 pounds by September. (my birthday is in August) and I would love to be 20 pounds lighter. My problem with losing the weight isn't that I don't know what I need to do, it's that I can not stay motivated. I have read the books, joined the online groups, blogged, read, read, AND read some more. I have researched until I can teach a class, but all the knowledge is not good until you put it to use. I have spent countless hours talking to my family about the importance of being and eating healthy. I have purchased a bike, I have a personal trainer and still all of these tools do not make me thinner...because I am not using them effectively. I will exercise and feel wonderful and come home and sabatoge it by eating something. I can eat clean all day from breakfast thru the end of my work day and then "ka pow" I hit my door and I fall into a slump...I turn on the tube, I prop my feet up in the recliner and I surf the net or watch trash tv. I don't move. I don't understand. There have been weeks when I can walk everyday and feel great...then I lose it...I am not sure what happens.
    BUT....
    I have to change. I have to change my mentality. I have to replace bad behaviors with good behaviors. I will have to replace the tv with walking my dog, listening to music, etc. I have to get rid of bad foods, place sticky notes and pictures every where of where I have been and where I want to be (goals)
    I have to lose this weight or I will lose myself. I will no longer recognize the person I have become b/c all I think and talk about is food. I want to replace those thoughts with exercise or crafts. I need to learn more about myself and less about recipes. I need to spend as much time getting to know who I am and what I like and start dating myself and less time making grocery lists....
    I must do this.
    I will do this.
    I can do this.
  • Nbentz214
    Nbentz214 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am in too if it is not too late! :smile:

Starting Weight: 190 lbs
    Current Weight: 145 lbs
    Goal Weight: 125 lbs :bigsmile:
  • kimacduff
    kimacduff Posts: 29
    Options
    2 days 'til I go on vacation. IDK if they have computer access there. Xo I may be able to post again until after I get back on the 27th of May. The scale keeps going incrementally. I'm happy as long as it's going down. have had a few times when it went up. But I knew that it would considering what I ate. It went away as soon as I went back to my daily plan.
    It will help that My husband is doing the same thing. we'll be support for each other. He wants to lose as much as I do. We're going to walk at least once a day. I'm bringing my JM Kickboxing DVD & will do some Yoga as well. we'll be at the beach so there will seafood galore. Maybe we'll get some crabs- although I know it's early for that.
    I'm down to 152.4 today. Almost 5 1/2 pounds since I started . That's about 2.5 pounds a week. I'm thrilled with that.
  • KatiO11
    KatiO11 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join, too! Feel free to friend request me and we'll keep each other accountable and motivated.

Starting weight: 200 lbs
    Current weight: 200 lbs
    Goal weight: 180 lbs

:happy:
  • mushu0517
    mushu0517 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in. Just because...
    SW: 212
    CW:205
    GW:185
    It'll get done....
  • kimacduff
    kimacduff Posts: 29
    Options
    I want to be a part of this...I want to be able to lose 20 pounds by September. (my birthday is in August) and I would love to be 20 pounds lighter. My problem with losing the weight isn't that I don't know what I need to do, it's that I can not stay motivated. I have read the books, joined the online groups, blogged, read, read, AND read some more. I have researched until I can teach a class, but all the knowledge is not good until you put it to use. I have spent countless hours talking to my family about the importance of being and eating healthy. I have purchased a bike, I have a personal trainer and still all of these tools do not make me thinner...because I am not using them effectively. I will exercise and feel wonderful and come home and sabatoge it by eating something. I can eat clean all day from breakfast thru the end of my work day and then "ka pow" I hit my door and I fall into a slump...I turn on the tube, I prop my feet up in the recliner and I surf the net or watch trash tv. I don't move. I don't understand. There have been weeks when I can walk everyday and feel great...then I lose it...I am not sure what happens.
    BUT....
    I have to change. I have to change my mentality. I have to replace bad behaviors with good behaviors. I will have to replace the tv with walking my dog, listening to music, etc. I have to get rid of bad foods, place sticky notes and pictures every where of where I have been and where I want to be (goals)
    I have to lose this weight or I will lose myself. I will no longer recognize the person I have become b/c all I think and talk about is food. I want to replace those thoughts with exercise or crafts. I need to learn more about myself and less about recipes. I need to spend as much time getting to know who I am and what I like and start dating myself and less time making grocery lists....
    I must do this.
    I will do this.
    I can do this.

It is definitely a mind set. I know it is hard at 1st. But if you continue it will become a habit. I have found that I cannot keep any foods that are not good for me in the housed. I would sabotage myself too. During the winter I made soups for the week so I would come home & have dinner already made. All I had to do was heat it up. I've gotten into the habit of buying veggies . I cut them up right away & put them in the fridge so I can grab them & munch. You can cut up cheese or have almond butter to eat with them. Plain yogurt ( I use Fage) with fresh fruits is good too. I would put sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds ion it too. I also add Chia seed ( I use ground up ones) that helps with the fiber if you aren't eating enough fiber. Also provides Omega 3's. I cook with Coconut oil-I also put it in my shakes. I melt it to a liquid for that. The coconut oil helps your body let go of the fat around your middle. You need some healthy fat. If you don't the body will hold on to the Omentum fat around your middle.
    I am sure you know all of this. But thought I'd pass on my Crone wisdom.;)
  • ghen516
    ghen516 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm in. I live in a cold weather climate, so hopefully I can work out outside more now that its warm.

Starting weight/date: may 14/ 188
    Current weight/date: may 14/ 188
    Goal weight/date: september 14/ 168
  • lrakins54
    lrakins54 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can I be added to the private group too, please?!

Name: Lindsey
    CW: May 13th 194
    GW: September 29th 170
    Height: 5'9"

Thank you!
  • candytag
    candytag Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday but want to be included with your group.

CW May 13th 175.6
    GW September 14 155
    Height 5'4"

Thank you Candy
  • mcmurrays
    mcmurrays Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I''m in!

Name: Shelley
    Height: 5'3"
    Kids:0
    SW: 188 5/14/14