What is your maintenance range?

Options
I got down to my goal weight of 50kg (110lbs) but since then have gained a couple lbs, I weigh in always between 50kg-55kg (110lbs-121kg) Is this an okay maintenance range? I'm 5'1 tall as well.

What is your maintenance range?

Replies

• PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit heavier and taller than you are. My range for 5' 9" is 145-150.
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Mine is around 120, but I'd love to get to 115.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    At 5'8" I set my goal at 162 which I reached in April 2013. Since then I have moved to a more vegetarian diet and upped my cardio and kept losing weight. Have settled in at 142 - 145 and feel great.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    My range is 149-158 that's 10lbs...my goal is 155 atm so seems reasonable to me...

not quite 5 up but more than 5 down...the low weight puts me at 20% BF...

After I hit maintenance (soon I hope) I will see how it goes over the summer with the recomp...
  • PunnaluckPla
    Options
    I'm 164 cm/ 53kg. it is difficult for me to maintaing weight at 51-52kg....that is my goal
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I only have a 5lb range... between 140-145lbs and Im happy... Im 5'8"
  • jhellwig828
    jhellwig828 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal was 130. I am actually at 127 right now because I am still trying to figure my maintenance numbers out. I don't want to go any lower and my high is 132 so it's a 5 pound range. You just have to be comfortable with you!!
  • chezza189
    chezza189 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mine is 127lbs to 133lbs, its what I feel happy with :).
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I haven't been maintaining for long. I think I am still ( slowly ) losing. Will figure out what I maintain at... normally I'd say within a 5-6 lb range, due to many factors, in either direction.

I'm currently at 108 lbs... wouldn't mind maintaining between 105-110. Weight fluctuates normally... doens't mean you are putting on real fat weight gain.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I just went to maintenance. I am between 115 to 117 now but am still losing a bit, most likely between 110 to 115.
    A healthy range for me (body/activities) is around 120 give or take.
    I am 5'5"
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 49 years old (female). My preferred weight is 132. I pretty much stay within 5LBS (above or below) that.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Body weight isn't static...water retention/release, more/less waste in your system, hydration/dehydration, hormonal fluctuations, stress, etc all can cause natural body weight fluctuations of a good 3-5 Lbs either way in most people.

I've been maintaining for a year now and I fluctuate basically from 181 - 185ish with my 12 month average being about 183. During this time I've had outlying lows of around 178 on a couple of occasions and have been as high as 187 (the morning after an airplane flight).
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Body weight isn't static...water retention/release, more/less waste in your system, hydration/dehydration, hormonal fluctuations, stress, etc all can cause natural body weight fluctuations of a good 3-5 Lbs either way in most people.

I've been maintaining for a year now and I fluctuate basically from 181 - 185ish with my 12 month average being about 183. During this time I've had outlying lows of around 178 on a couple of occasions and have been as high as 187 (the morning after an airplane flight).
    "Airplane weight!" I was SO happy when I finally saw the airplane "weight" trend. It used to make me nuts. It's funny, a friend, who's been dieting the last six months went on a work trip where he thought he did a great job staying with his diet. When he got home he was so upset after he weighed. I told him: wait 2 days, drink water, weigh again, and voila! The "airplane weight" was gone. He had never heard that the scale goes up after plane rides.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Hahaha... airplane weight.

I am going on vacation with my hubs in a couple of weeks and decided I was not going to count calories. I will eat what I want, within reason, by now I have learned enough to know how to make the right choices and portions, etc. and prefer fresh veggies, fruits, meats, etc. over processed crap. However, I will absolutely indulge while I am on vacation. After all, it's vacation!

I was speaking to my boxing coach and saying how there is a fitness facility and I'm happy because I can get some cardio in the mornings blah, blah, blah... he put a stop to me and suggested I take a full two week recovery period. He said I would be amazed at how much stronger and healthier I would be after a couple of workouts when I'm back.

I trust him, and am not worried about it.

You could weigh yourself ten times a day and get ten different weights!
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    My goal is 132.4 and my initial range was +/-2 lbs because that's what Weight Watchers told me. My highest maintenance weigh in has been 135.8 and the lowest was 126.6. I continued to drop a little weight while trying to figure out maintenance and have been under goal each week for almost 6 months... So now my comfortable range has sort of shifted to within 5 or so pounds under goal.

ETA: I'm 5'5"
  • ealaniz2
    ealaniz2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Any advice on how to maintain?
  • Zoeeee_xx
    Zoeeee_xx Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and maintain around 110-113 lbs. :)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    153-155, on 2600-3000 calories a day.

How to maintain? Consistent activity, consistent logging. And don't weigh yourself every single day. You'll go mad. I check in about once a month and it's much easier that way.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Any advice on how to maintain?

consume a maintenance level of calories for your given activity level.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I just started maintenance. But my range will be between 3-4 pounds. I am 5'2, 116 pounds and 44 yrs old.

I have upped my calories, so far no gain, I have been pretty stable on weight, so may go up more to see what happens. Right now doing between 2100-2300 calories.