Government should mandate accuracy of MFP database

Options

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Perhaps this is social pressure.
    The force of ridicule and all that.

Indeed, but it's internal. Something the mainstream media or investors / customers see on Twitter / Facebook tends to reach a larger / perhaps more relevant audience than those already invested in using the service.
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    So, are you saying that the rest of the world's food options should be left out because it's an American-based company? Or do you have a plan where the US government talks to other governments of the world to ensure the accuracy of their food products too?

Under your plan, would there be any way for people to add in their own recipes/food types?

Foreigners can make their own MFP. Or their own laws. Why should I care about some fool in Germany and his strudel eating habits?
    MFP should be required to validate those entries, particularly sushi. And bad sushi entry makers banned from all you can eat places.

Wow American Arrogance at it's best. Not all countries have the funds you idiot. So do you have friends or are all your friend's on you FL American? You might learn something from looking outside of your country and it's self-centered ways of living. You might find your country is not the best maybe? Just a thought.

People from countries where blue hair is allowed need not weigh in on this discussion. Please and thank you.

What about people with blue faces? How will we manage the UK poor-imitation mock-MFP if Scotland votes for independence this September? Will we see only empty spaces on all those Burns Nights when we found haggis in our local supermarket, took it home, donned a tartan blanket in our kitchens, took more than one wee dram of whisky and impersonated Mel Gibson all night long?

FREEDOM!! (to eat deep-fried Mars bars south of the border if we so wish...)
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    People should take ownership - it's your own responsibility to ensure that your logging is correct.
    Common sense and google are your friends ( if they'll have you).
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Typische amerikanische Arroganz!
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I think we're done here. Move along.

tumblr_n45bho4iHr1twrxzjo1_500.gif

For your health!!!
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    So, are you saying that the rest of the world's food options should be left out because it's an American-based company? Or do you have a plan where the US government talks to other governments of the world to ensure the accuracy of their food products too?

Under your plan, would there be any way for people to add in their own recipes/food types?

Foreigners can make their own MFP. Or their own laws. Why should I care about some fool in Germany and his strudel eating habits?
    MFP should be required to validate those entries, particularly sushi. And bad sushi entry makers banned from all you can eat places.

Wow American Arrogance at it's best. Not all countries have the funds you idiot. So do you have friends or are all your friend's on you FL American? You might learn something from looking outside of your country and it's self-centered ways of living. You might find your country is not the best maybe? Just a thought.

People from countries where blue hair is allowed need not weigh in on this discussion. Please and thank you.

Hey I didn't realise it was a troll till later, no need to single me out lol. There are cultural differences you know.

I really don't know how I could live without having to convert things into grams all the time tbh. Or the amount of people who don't understand Aussie/Kiwi style sarcasm or humour, what would I do. *sigh*

ETA: It's not blue btw, it's turquoise!!! :grumble: :angry:
  • CharleePear
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    The only thing MFP "needs to do" is get better coders... I cannot believe how many bugs are routinely, unapologetically released to production. The current Chief Tech Officer is most likely a rabid monkey with a plastic knock-off of Thor's hammer.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Government should mandate the death penalty for MFP trolls.

And for people without a sense of humour and/or irony.

I notice this too; no offense but that guy needs an iron for the shirt.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Okay folks before this thread is locked; look at who started the thread. Troll? No. Go to his page and read the links; if you need damn near anything health and fitness related it is there. I'm wondering if people have any idea when someone is having fun or not. Happy Wednesday everybody.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    The question is which government should mandate the accuracy, given it's a globally used website/app...

The site resides in America and is run by an American company.

The site "resides" in America? Oooooh Where? We should go TP it's front yard:laugh:
  • CharleePear
    Options
    Okay folks before this thread is locked; look at who started the thread. Troll? No. Go to his page and read the links; if you need damn near anything health and fitness related it is there. I'm wondering if people have any idea when someone is having fun or not. Happy Wednesday everybody.

It's really hard to say, he himself said he was half trolling. Also it is really hard to read people's intentions. As for the diversity in backgrounds...
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Now that would be helpful.

:laugh: I like you. But don't squeeze free.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Vielleicht!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

It's really hard to say, he himself said he was half trolling. Also it is really hard to read people's intentions. As for the diversity in backgrounds...

Poe's Law. C'est la chose parfois.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry for strudel now....
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    No......."the market" should mandate accuracy on this site. If one assumes that an inaccurate database makes people leave the site, then it benefits the site to make things accurate. Unfortunately, the typical OCD or addictive personality member may not really care.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I do what I want, yo!! :tongue:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...and great.

Now I want strudels.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Think, people... remember something called A JOKE?