Official "Get Friends" Thread

Options

Replies

• randomthings
    randomthings Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Back on the MFP bandwagon after a very long time. Last time MFP helped me lose 20 lbs, but I've gained it all back on and more. I'm up to my heaviest weight ever of 190 lbs and am hoping that I can buckle down and get back on track. I've had quite a few false starts but with any luck and some encouragement I can keep on it.
  • McFarlandB633
    Options
    Short, Fat, Bald and Ugly....well, at least I can lose some weight ! LOL

Hello all, I'm Brad from Dayton, Ohio (USA). Would love to have some friends here on MFP Please add me.

I started my Diet in May, and wasn't doing that great. It wasn't until last month I found MFP and now I'm doing great!
    My first goal was to just "try" to loose 25 lbs. DONE! thanks to this MFP APP, I LOVE IT!!!

Currently weighing in at 218 lbs., my next goal is to weigh 196lbs by August 25th

Would love to get support, as well as give it. I really need some help with workouts and food ideas, I'm open to all input.

Oh ya.... I have a great sense of humor!

Peace, Brad
  • alexandersymonds9
    Options
    Hi everyone, young Aussie here. I'm currently bulking and aiming for 75kg and it's going to take a while. Add me and help each other stay on track with our daily goals and long term milestones.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! 34 year old from Philly. This is my first post on MFP... I've used the site off and on for awhile, but now I'm deciding to get serious about dropping 20-30 lbs after the birth of my little girl (now 12 weeks old).
    Anyway, I'm pretty laid back - add me and I'll help motivate as much as I can!
  • Spikethered2
    Options
    Hi, second time on this site, coming back from a running injury! Looking for more friends, so anyone can add me please ! Thankyou!
  • sheiladott
    sheiladott Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, looking for friends to keep me motivated, accountable and challenged, please feel free to add me. My diary is open to friends :-)
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm on here daily. Feel free to add me :D
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm a delight. :p
  • PrincessPoquilaPie
    PrincessPoquilaPie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Half time in Kent, Ohio
    Other half in Scarborough, Ontario
    6'3"
    HW: 425
    CW: 346
    GW: 225
    (121 left to go)

Anyone feel free to add me and my friend, both of us are looking for a strong support group.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/crazybeautifulmess89/status is hers.

My diary is open.
  • alireba88
    alireba88 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hello, all! 25 year old from Missouri here, looking to drop about 60 lbs. I usually log everyday and I love good food (no low-fat cheese here. I respect real cheese too much) and the occasional (using that term loosely) vodka or beer. I also love parenteses, apparently.

I've been MFPing for a while now, but just recently dicovered the social aspect of the site. Add me, if you'd like!
  • hantastic00
    Options
    Hi! I just joined about 3 days ago...I always say I want to lose weight but never stick with it but this time I am beyond determined to try and would love to make encouraging friends on here! My goal is to lose about 50 pounds to start, maybe more...best of luck everyone!!
  • Jen2Bfit
    Jen2Bfit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm not near Ft Lauderdale, Fl. but I am just getting around to coming back to this site and using it on a regular basis. I was away far too long and it is time to get back in gear so I am always looking for new friends to help motivate and support one another. Feel free to add me. :happy:
  • thenerdmommy
    thenerdmommy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm 29, a stay-at-home mom and IT college student, currently living in Indiana. I have about 55 lbs. to go to reach my first big goal! I've been trying to log everyday lately, and keep my diary open. Love the motivation on here!

Feel free to add me!
  • Castiel22
    Castiel22 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi I'm 22 and 5'5". I am looking to drop 90lbs. Anyone can add me
  • shanahz
    shanahz Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for new MFP friends for motivation and support. I currently live in Colorado, I am 27 and I am nearing my weight loss goal (If I keep up the hard work).
  • Pete1964AK
    Pete1964AK Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Been on here for 4 weeks now and am down 11 pounds with anywhere from 45 to 65 to go. As an old guy (50 seems to be old on here anyway), I'm a long way from being the fit, agile young man I never was, but always imagined I might be.

Looking for friends to check up on me, yell at me if required, or spoonfeed me peanut butter if I've passed from actually doing some exercise.
    My dairy is open to friends, and I do log every day.

PS - to the lady on this thread a page or two ago who loved bacon and ice cream. Is that blended together or do you just chop the bacon up and sprinkle it over the top? :flowerforyou:
  • luvnmycurves
    Options
    Hey all..I'm at it again. Trying to get focused on my weight loss
    Im a working mother of 5. Really could use some support and motivation! Soo let's help each other make it!!
  • ChinaCass
    ChinaCass Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! My name is Cass, and my goal is to get back to my original weight I was a couple months ago. I recently moved abroad and went overboard with the fantastic food here lol so just trying to regain some control and get back into better eating and exercise habits :) Feel free to add me!
  • maryseb63
    maryseb63 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been on MFP for the last 5 months. I have lost over 65 lbs so far, so have another 60 to go. I'm on here everyday logging and trying to be encouraging. I have good and bad days and always looking for new friends.
  • Wasatcher
    Wasatcher Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Back for my second tour of duty here. Lost 27 pounds three years ago, kept it off but now would like to take my conditioning to a higher level and control my macros. Add me if you like…