Official "Get Friends" Thread

Options

Replies

• thismamarox
    thismamarox Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am working towards a 35 pound loss. I have started back about 4 weeks ago and I have managed a 2 pound loss each week since I started. I am always looking for motivational friends to help keep me accountable and motivated :) Feel free to add me if interested...Happy Fitness to all!!!
  • hales_04
    hales_04 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Hayley, I would love some new friends to talk with and motivate each other. Feel free to add me!
  • raaraa17
    raaraa17 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Sarah. Would love some new supportive friends
  • amax67
    amax67 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I am boarding diabetes, 92lbs to loose and could do with 5he company on the way
    Feel free to add me
  • Becka99x
    Becka99x Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Becka! I'd really like some motivating friends, feel free to add me :)
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Noel. I live in central North Carolina. After many years of being overweight and out of shape, I started cycling 4 years ago and trying to get and live healthier. 5'9", I dropped from 235 to about 205 just from riding my bikes as much as I do. This year I hired a cycling coach and decided that if I was going to take it that seriously I need to get serious about my diet as well and get myself down to where I should be, weight-wise. I'm down to the mid 190s right now with a goal of getting to about 170 and reassessing.

I'm on here every day logging food and generally having a look around. Feel free to add me!
  • brandivalove12
    Options
    hi! I'm Alice. I'm 18 years old and I'm looking for a friend to help keep me positive. Feel free to add me!
  • komitra
    komitra Posts: 67
    Options
    Hi Dear!

My name is Kanika, and I am from India.

I am 27 years old, I am also trying to lose some weight nearly about 70 pounds (30-31 kgs), my height is 5'6", and I am married for two years. I have been an over weight child always, and now all I want to do is lose some weight, so that we can start our family :)

One thing that I have started doing is drinking at least 3 lts of water per day, and having an early dinner. I also try to exercise for about 25-40 mins a day, for a minimum of 4 days.

Hope this information helps you in some way.

Cheers!

Kanika

P.S. I am new to fitnesspal :) hope to have a good time here!
  • gveney84
    Options
    Hi, I am new to MFP and looking to lose 100 pounds and need motivation. A workout partner would be nice to, if anyone is located near me. Feel free to add me.
  • Shokei
    Shokei Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. 16718172.png
  • SarahRenee82
    SarahRenee82 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 195lbs and I am now down to 188lbs in 13 days!!!

I am trying to do this the right way. Smaller portions, more fruits and veggies, more lean proteins. Avoiding processed flour and sugar (basically any white food). I am visiting the gym 3-4 times a week. I drink a ton of water. So much so that I visit the bathroom almost every hour. Thank goodness it's right down the hall from my office!

I want to lost 30 pounds, but my first goal is to get down 15 pounds. I am trying to break up my weight loss into smaller chunks, so it won't seem so impossible and overwhelming.

I feel fantastic! Plus, it helps that I am in a psuedo competition with my boyfriend. He is convinced that the Atkins diet is the way to go. I think he's full of crap. I am determined to prove him wrong. I want long term weight loss, not a quick fix.

Feel free to add me! I update my diary daily :)
  • CydMG93
    CydMG93 Posts: 11
    Options
    ADD ME!! :D
  • katherinemab
    katherinemab Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm back and committed in NYC. This journey isn't a 5k but a marathon and that has finally permeated through my thick skull. Have 40lb to lose overall and am looking for some support for the ride! Feel free to add!
  • mave34
    mave34 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! East coast Canada here! Looking to get motivated and to give motivation in return. I truly believe hearing others stories and finding people who can relate is a huge part of anyone's journey, new friends always welcome.
  • Heatts
    Heatts Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My old account was deleted by someone else so I had to restart with new name and no pic of me. Anywho, I'm a nerd (Trekkie and starting Doctor Who to name some specifics) and I love yoga and tea. Looking for some friends to support and motivate each other. I am a 27 year old female. I've already lost 13 pounds, looking to lose 37 more or thereabouts.
  • joycelreed
    joycelreed Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 65, happily married to one, mother of 5, grandmother to 13 and friend to many. I have type 2 diabetes. I lost 50 pounds last year but have managed to gain back half of it. I'm looking for a fitness pal buddy. Someone who is willing to message me at least once a day with encouragement or questions about our success...our families... the weather... or anything.... Just someone to touch bases with and help keep me accountable. I promise to encourage you too. Let me know if you are interested.
  • emily889
    emily889 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends...nothing feels worse than begging for them tho haha
  • Jpeezy85ny
    Options
    ^agreed ahaha
  • eaphk
    eaphk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ^ haha indeed!
    i also need some buddies :D
  • aislingharper
    Options
    Basically I'm 19 and I wanna lose 25 lbs I want a friend so we can motivate each other and stuff