Ladies only: What makes the perfect girlfriend?

Options

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Is the correct answer... "Stuff"??

You are vaguely correct young lady.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

Aha! In the world of answering questions with questions XD
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Women telling other women how to make bad choices!

In.
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    I actually revealed to my boyfriend last night my master plan to get him into more commitment.

It is to give him um, you know what, whenever he wants it, and to cook him lots of Paleo food.

He seems to think it's fine so far, but he still not wanting to live together.

We'll have to see how it goes.

:laugh:
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Someone who doesn't try to change you but supports you to be the best you can be. Someone who will hear you out first instead of assuming you were being mean on purpose. Someone who can be happy for you even when it's not so great for her. Someone who's not afraid to call you out on your bull.
  • Chieflrg
    Options

Aha! In the world of answering questions with questions XD
    Kinda like Jeopardy...
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Someone who doesn't try to change you but supports you to be the best you can be. Someone who will hear you out first instead of assuming you were being mean on purpose. Someone who can be happy for you even when it's not so great for her. Someone who's not afraid to call you out on your bull.

That goes for both genders, though.. That's irrelevant..
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    You only want to hear from staight ladies? I guess you can count me out. I'm curvy. Plus, I like girls as much as I do guys. Even more so at the moment, lol.

Yeah.... I'm right there with ya

+2
    Ummm there are plenty of seats next to guys at the moment since they are on the sideline as well. I didn't want answers from anybody that has/had a GF regardless of gender. :NOBUTTHURT:
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I just assume that men want the same thing from me, as I do them.

Here's the list:

- compatible personality
    - intelligence
    - financially secure and independent (this item added after moocher boyfriend experience)
    - similar interests (food, sci-fi, fitness, creative endeavors are a bonus)
    - chemistry
    - respect for self and others
    - an effort to make their partner feel desired
    - willingness to compromise on contentious subjects
  • Jess_Forever_After
    Jess_Forever_After Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Im confused you asked "Ladies only: What makes the perfect girlfriend?" and then said "Ladies if you are into females, please refrain from answering the question"

do you want me to answer or refrain lol

Perhaps I should of said straight ladies as no lesbian, bi, pan, etc... might answer the question easier since they have/had girlfriends.

This makes no sense.
    Girls who pay attention to qualities in other women that would make then good girlfriends are most likely not completely straight.
    Pretty much all women have at least fantasized about other women, and the majority have kissed (or more) another lady.
  • amykr93
    amykr93 Posts: 65
    Options
    There's no 'perfect girlfriend'. We might do everything that a boy/man will like: cook; clean, work, not work; play video games; go out all the time; dance; not dance; be blonde; have a shaved head; tan; not tan. We might be talkative;outgoing; kind and dominant. We might also be quiet; shy; reserved and submissive.

What makes us perfect is our partner. They are able, and willing, to see our positives just as much as our flaws, and yet they love us. They make us feel special; cared for and beautiful inside and out. They have the ability to make us perfect, just as much as they have the ability to make us feel lower than low.
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Holly_Wood_888 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    One which cares more about you then themselves...
    intelligent, thoughtful, loving, open, emotionally available ...
  • InevitableButterfly
    InevitableButterfly Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Ladies if you are into females, please refrain from answering the question(posting is fine though :wink:). Just want to see how close the serious answers will be correct to me wants/needs personally.

1108180655461320518607037.gif
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options

Here's the list:

- compatible personality
    - intelligence
    - financially secure and independent (this item added after moocher boyfriend experience)
    - chemistry

But....but....but then how will we continue to perpetuate outdated stereotypes about gender essentialism if you suggest something this rational and forward-thinking?!
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Holly_Wood_888 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Im confused you asked "Ladies only: What makes the perfect girlfriend?" and then said "Ladies if you are into females, please refrain from answering the question"

Perhaps I should of said straight ladies as no lesbian, bi, pan, etc... might answer the question easier since they have/had girlfriends.

This makes no sense.
    Girls who pay attention to qualities in other women that would make then good girlfriends are most likely not completely straight.
    Pretty much all women have at least fantasized about other women, and the majority have kissed (or more) another lady.

I know exactly what he is saying and I disagree with your above statement- I am 100% straight and have never fantasized or kissed a woman - I see qualities in my close friends, friends which are 'the ultimate package' - I am not attracted to them.
    Ultimately, Perfect does not exist HOWEVER< each person may have an 'idea' of perfection... and I say NEVER SETTLE !
  • InevitableButterfly
    InevitableButterfly Posts: 340 Member
    Options

theofficegif.gif
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    theofficegif.gif

I think he's trying to see if women know what makes them the perfect girlfriend. If you are bi or pan then you already have a good idea of what a perfect girlfriend is because you're looking for one yourself. Straight women don't have to think about what makes a good girlfriend because they aren't looking for one. Basically, you bi and pan women already know the answer and he's trying to see if the rest of us can figure it out.

To answer the original question: someone who compensates for your faults but doesn't judge them.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options

Here's the list:

- compatible personality
    - intelligence
    - chemistry

But....but....but then how will we continue to perpetuate outdated stereotypes about gender essentialism if you suggest something this rational and forward-thinking?!

That is one party for which I will gladly play the pooper
  • Chieflrg
    Options

Here's the list:

- compatible personality
    - intelligence
    - chemistry

Please do not point out that she is spot on.
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    theofficegif.gif

I think he's trying to see if women know what makes them the perfect girlfriend. If you are bi or pan then you already have a good idea of what a perfect girlfriend is because you're looking for one yourself. Straight women don't have to think about what makes a good girlfriend because they aren't looking for one. Basically, you bi and pan women already know the answer and he's trying to see if the rest of us can figure it out.

To answer the original question: someone who compensates for your faults but doesn't judge them.
    Ty. You explained my quest very well. Your answer also deserves a :flowerforyou:

*I realize my questions can be confusing at times. I have trouble expressing myself through words due to some brain damage from treatments. Please forgive me for any confusion as I try to better myself over time.