If I Can't Actually Look Skinny, What's the Point?

Options

Replies

• beth4dieting3
    beth4dieting3 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I always tell fat people, forget having a high self image, you are disgusting and need to shed weight.

You on the other hand are not obese, and you just need to have a higher self image. - what you should do is smile at yourself everytime you look in the mirror - guarantee you will be more attractive, and will begin to find yourself more attractive.

To the guy who made the quoted post above - You know, you are very offensive. I am not skinny but I am certainly NOT disgusting. Good god, what a terrible thing to tell anyone. I have a high self image even though I need to shed some weight. You, however, are extremely rude and I don't think that can be helped.

To the girl who made this post - you are beautiful and I hope that your self worth increases as you age. You are worth more than one hair on Kim Kardashian's head but only if you truly believe it.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    Jsf, more gym for me
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Time to talk to a counselor. You have some serious body dysmorphia.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    You obviously have some serious body image issues to work through. Get help.

dis
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD, also known as body dysmorphia, dysmorphic syndrome; originally dysmorphophobia) is a chronic mental illness, a somatoform disorder, wherein the afflicted individual is concerned with body image, manifested as excessive concern about and preoccupation with a perceived defect of their physical appearance. An individual with BDD has perpetual negative thoughts about their appearance; in the majority of cases, an individual suffering from BDD is obsessed with a minor or imagined flaw.[1] Afflicted individuals think they have a defect in either one or several features of their body, which causes psychological and clinically significant distress or impairs occupational or social functioning.

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_dysmorphic_disorder
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Why am I always late to the party!!

Post more pics, OP. I wanna see your wide-ness.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Yeah, because Kim Kardashian's body is so gross.....NOT! I personally think the body you don't want is hotter than the bony body you do want. You've got some serious issues, girlfriend.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Picture 1, the girl looks like she has a lower bodyfat percentage compared to kim. So if you want to look similar to the girl in picture one, you have to concentrate on lowering your bodyfat percentage and not just losing weight. Also I wouldnt call girl in picture 1 skinny because skinny is being small and lacking muscle, if anything I would call her lean because shes lacking fat giving her that tight look.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I wasn't looking for compliments. If you aren't going to be of any help (such as recommending side-slimming exercises as I'd asked for - not to be confused with half-hearted, meaningless compliments), then don't bother commenting at all. Some of us come here for motivation and support (odd, I know...it's not as if the title of the message board suggests that whatsoever), not to be berated by pompous elitists.

No one gave you a list of side-slimming exercises because they don't exist. Keep eating at a moderate deficit, and pick up heavy things. Stop caring about what the scale says and work on improving your body. For example, Staci is 11lbs heavier in the pic on the right, but she looks slimmer because she has put on muscle and lost fat:

54b9d0ce-b8cb-4f82-b6b5-e2e17713d515_zpsc4e88b7e.jpg

You can read her story here:
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
    I love Nerd Fitness! And I love Staci!
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    ummm... living longer? Pfft. I come here for gifs. Find your own damn motivation.
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hello OP,

I don't normally comment on this type of post but, I would like to proffer my opinion here, for whatever it's worth. I think that the woman I saw in your photos is beautiful. Yes, you are beautiful. I think that any weight that you lose will be nice because it will make you more healthy, not because it will make you more attractive. Finally, if your boyfriend cannot appreciate your beauty, if he cannot call you beautiful today or, when you were at you heaviest, he will NOT call you beautiful at your thinnest. Therefore, he is not worthy of the title boyfriend; he is will will remain a boy, not a man. Kick him to the kerb this afternoon and never look back. You are beautiful and you deserve better.
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I dont know if someone has raised this point already (im not reading through 6 pages to find out) but you say you are eating right, exercising etc to look good. This is your main reason for it yes? And because you are not seeing the results you want you are losing motivation.

What do you think will happen to your body if you stop eating right and exercising....You'll have even more reason to complain.

Motivation is back.

In years to come when you are not so concerned with the way you look you will also thank yourself for continuing with being healthy as it will give you a healthier body.

In all honesty I think you look great at the moment :)
  • metalkim85
    metalkim85 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yeah, because Kim Kardashian's body is so gross.....NOT! I personally think the body you don't want is hotter than the bony body you do want. You've got some serious issues, girlfriend.

I totally agree with this. The curves on a woman are very attractive. There's no problem with curves. I really don't understand why some women want to be all boney and stuff..bleh.

And I would be so proud if I had the body you do.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I always tell fat people, forget having a high self image, you are disgusting and need to shed weight.

You on the other hand are not obese, and you just need to have a higher self image. - what you should do is smile at yourself everytime you look in the mirror - guarantee you will be more attractive, and will begin to find yourself more attractive.

^ I am thinking that this person is actually the one looking for attention in this thread. How pathetic.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Enter the awesomely quick shift to slamming "skinny" women...
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Your complaints about your body have gotten you all the compliments you were fishing for.

Congratulations, you didn't understand what I'd actually asked for. Reading comprehension, ftw!

You asked for things that don't exist in reality and accompanied it with obvious body image issues. For all of your projecting what your boyfriend wants you overlook that he is voluntarily with you ... again, why let reality get in the way of things.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    There is no point. Give up and just stay the way you are now. Stop putting forth effort to improve because there is no point.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I know, I know, I should be eating better and exercising to be healthy, not to look skinny. But I'm not and I am losing motivation because I don't think the body I want is even physically possible.

See, I want to look like this: http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma3orjQiwb1rg2g7yo1_500.jpg
    However, my hips are crazy high, crazy wide and so is my rib cage. I'm just....wide. And I'm feeling like the best I'll ever be able to do is something along the lines of this: http://ca.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20131120/rs_634x1024-131220074836-634.Kim-Kardashian-White-Bikini-Beach-Body.jl.122013.jpg

I am completely discouraged and feel like I'm just never going to look good enough. I've even considered leaving my boyfriend because I know he finds those really skinny girls attractive (as do I) and I know I'll never be one because my body is...well, you can see in my profile picture. Wide as ****. From the side, I look thin, but head on....ick.

I'm basically asking for some motivation/tips to maybe possibly trim down my enormous sides? Is there anything I can do, or should I just turn sideways every time someone looks at me (lol)? I've started swimming again which, in the past, has trimmed me down nicely, though I still look huge... Pleeeease help?

You can achieve what you want....you may not look like the pic you referenced in your post though.....
    I mean Kate Upton don't even look like that pic.

But I would encourage you
    1) Get your diet straight and on point. Will take time, discipline and will power.
    2) Start lifting, free weights. Do cardio for 1, maybe 2 days a week. 40 min. top.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    In to hear more about how men don't find me attractive because I'm not curvy. :frown:
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    This girl has a public profile and some serious issues. Help from a professional is all that can be recommended.

OP: I hope you get to where you need to, with whatever help may or may not be needed. I've fought my own battles and come out on the other side. I wish the same for you, dear. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.