If I Can't Actually Look Skinny, What's the Point?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    fire_community.gif
  • llama_sammich
    llama_sammich Posts: 124
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not fond of body shaming either... All I said was that I personally do not find Kim K's body attractive and do not want mine to be like that (as it seems to be, imo). I don't think that's any more wrong than saying I am not attracted to red hair so I don't want mine to be red... It's a matter of opinion. I honestly don't see her appeal...

Thanks for letting me know there was no such thing as side-slimming exercises (I'm ignoring the snarky undertones to some of these posts). I was unaware. I do not go to the gym or have a personal trainer so I know virtually d**k all about fitness. I swim...that is it. So thanks for the advice, folks.
  • llama_sammich
    llama_sammich Posts: 124
    Options
    Just read your profile ... you say you await the day your boyfriend says you're beautiful? ? WTF! ! Get rid of him! If he doesn't tell you you're beautiful now he probably never will - cos you ARE. And work on yourself so you KNOW it and don't need to be told. Good luck

He's just that kind of guy.. I've accepted it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not fond of body shaming either... All I said was that I personally do not find Kim K's body attractive and do not want mine to be like that (as it seems to be, imo). I don't think that's any more wrong than saying I am not attracted to red hair so I don't want mine to be red... It's a matter of opinion. I honestly don't see her appeal...

Thanks for letting me know there was no such thing as side-slimming exercises (I'm ignoring the snarky undertones to some of these posts). I was unaware. I do not go to the gym or have a personal trainer so I know virtually d**k all about fitness. I swim...that is it. So thanks for the advice, folks.

What you said was fine (unless I missed a comment somewhere). The body shaming comments were other posters. There's a difference between saying "that's not my preference" and saying "she looks like a boy," "she looks like *kitten*," or "no man is attracted to that."
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I think a more reasonable goal would be to lower your body fat percentage. If you want to look slimmer, that's how it's done. A lot of women store fat on their hips, so lowering your body fat percentage will help with this. Lose body fat and fat will come off your sides. You can't target certain areas, your body chooses which order the fat comes off.

I think that is what must be unappealing to you about Kim K: she isn't "toned"/still has some extra body fat on her frame.

What is your frame size? You can take your wrist measurement and/or measure between the two prominent bones on either side of your elbow. This could give you an idea of a realistic goal to set for yourself after you've lowered your body fat percentage.

The thing is, most models we see in pictures have small frames. This is why they are so tall and weigh so little. Some of them are naturally skinny and the rest follow strict diet and exercise to maintain their ideal figure. I'm assuming that the average person has a medium frame.
This discussion has been closed.