From Skinny-Fat to Fit and Muscular

Options

Replies

• Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I was the typical skinny-fat. I looked okay in clothes, but I wasn't happy. I started a new relationship and I wanted to not feel so insecure with my body around him. He showed me a couple upper body exercises and I loved how strong/sore the weights made me feel. I did some research, some trial and error and came up with a routine that I liked. Fast forward to now, I feel stronger than ever!

I'm currently on a bulk, so I'm in the process on gaining some muscle/fat before I cut down some fat for a competition. I plan on competing in a bikini comp after a couple years of bulking. Wish me luck! Bulking is such a taxing mental game.

Here's my progress so far.

DAYUM!!!!
    Looking good girl, keep it up.:love::love: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

You are right up the road from me....

Haha, thank you!

Lol. In Richmond?
  • Fujiberry
    Options
    I'm currently on a bulk, so I'm in the process on gaining some muscle/fat before I cut down some fat for a competition. I plan on competing in a bikini comp after a couple years of bulking. Wish me luck! Bulking is such a taxing mental game.

Nice muscly legs. Hard work paid off.

I'm confused/have a question. What kind of bikini contest requires you to bulk up from your current size?

Thank you! : )

NPC Bikini comp. I'm going to bulk for muscle, and hopefully cut down into something similar to Michelle Lewin. vvvv
    994372_704148596263556_817634995_n_grande.jpg?1047
  • Fujiberry
    Options
    Just curious, what does your workout routine consist of?

I'm just alternating upper and lower body right now. I don't think that I've build enough muscle to separate into smaller muscle groups just yet. I go to the gym 3-4 times a week depending on my schedule.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You know, it's women like you who have inspired me to add strength training into my exercise routine. Awesome job. :smile:
  • Fujiberry
    Options
    Great job! I'm so glad I fell in love with lifting. I hope I can get awesome results like you did! :drinker:

What is your lifting program like?
    I alternate upper/lower body. I feel like I don't have a big enough foundation to start dividing my week into smaller muscle groups just yet. :)

You'll get there! And thank you! <3
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look fabulous!
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Amazing. I am naturally quite muscular but I'd really like a flat stomach so I've just started doing weight training (barbell hip thrusts and deadlifts). When you go to the gym do you solely focus on strength training or do you incorporate cardio into your routine?
    x
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I was the typical skinny-fat. I looked okay in clothes, but I wasn't happy. I started a new relationship and I wanted to not feel so insecure with my body around him. He showed me a couple upper body exercises and I loved how strong/sore the weights made me feel. I did some research, some trial and error and came up with a routine that I liked. Fast forward to now, I feel stronger than ever!

DAYUM!!!!

Haha, thank you!

Lol. In Richmond?

I am in Va. Beach.
  • Sinful_moon
    Sinful_moon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Holy! You look fabulous, great work op :D
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Amazing work….especially the quad growth.
  • chadwick175
    chadwick175 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You're in great shape, congrats I am jealous
  • Fujiberry
    Options

DAYUM!!!!

Haha, thank you!

Lol. In Richmond?

I am in Va. Beach.
    Oh! Okay. I'm in RVA for school. VB is my hometown! Hope you're enjoying the beach! : )
  • Fujiberry
    Options
    Amazing. I am naturally quite muscular but I'd really like a flat stomach so I've just started doing weight training (barbell hip thrusts and deadlifts). When you go to the gym do you solely focus on strength training or do you incorporate cardio into your routine?
    x
    Just strength for now. I'll do cardio once I start cutting. It's already hard for me to eat my goal (2,300-2,600 cals), and doing cardio means I have to eat back what I burn. :(
  • MildredBarhopper
    MildredBarhopper Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You look great, good job! However, I thought you looked great before as well, don't think you were skinny fat, but of course, it's how you feel that matters. Good luck with the competition :).
  • TexasGal1
    TexasGal1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you for posting! Such inspiration!! :smile:
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

DAYUM!!!!

Haha, thank you!

Lol. In Richmond?

I am in Va. Beach.
    Oh! Okay. I'm in RVA for school. VB is my hometown! Hope you're enjoying the beach! : )

Cool
    Haven't had a chance yet, but I would like to this weekend.
    It is gonna be nice. 88 - 90 degrees :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Fujiberry
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the support! :')
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the support! :')

I would love for society to make what you have accomplish in your goals to be consider sexy. So girls feel that you are too muscular which is mind boggling.
  • felonebeats
    felonebeats Posts: 433
    Options
    Looking great
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I would love for society to make what you have accomplish in your goals to be consider sexy. So girls feel that you are too muscular which is mind boggling.

I would like society to value and celebrate attributes other than "sexy" such as health, determination and confidence. Also, I'm sure it's not some girls who would give an opinion on how muscular somebody is - I think boys, women and men might too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!