I want an *kitten*!

Options
I have a flat butt...and I hate it. Does bulking and working the gluteus muscles build a bigger butt? AND When you bulk...how many calories OVER TDEE does one aim for?

Replies

• steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I have a flat butt...and I hate it. Does bulking and working the gluteus muscles build a bigger butt? AND When you bulk...how many calories OVER TDEE does one aim for?

You don't necessarly need a bulk to achieve a more sculpted behind. Compound exercises like Squats and deadlifts are great. Also, Hip thrusters, glute bridge, walking lunges......

Check out Bret Contreras for more info...

http://bretcontreras.com/
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

You don't necessarly need a bulk to achieve a more sculpted behind. Compound exercises like Squats and deadlifts are great. Also, Hip thrusters, glute bridge, walking lunges......

Check out Bret Contreras for more info...

http://bretcontreras.com/

^^^^^^This

Squats will give you the butt you want. In the success forum, there is a thread "lifting made me big and bulky" (sarcasm) these women have amazing bodies and one brunette had an *kitten* making me question my own sexuality and she credits squats for her butt.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    I am a complete *kitten*. Will I do? Sorry just in a silly mood this morning. :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • jjlazar
    jjlazar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do boxing and kickboxing and running. I'll be 37 in 2 weeks and my husband says I have a nicer rear and bod then most 20 something's lol. Then again he's got to live with me ha ha. But honestly I just started the boxing and kickboxing 14 months ago and I've not lifted a weight since (ok rarely) and I have more muscles than ever. It's the major MAJOR squats, burpees, jump squats, kicking and everything involved. The legs get tore up so the rear end benefits ;-). Push yourself, it will hurt, but it's worth it! Blessings!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    lol Yeah...it is hard to explain..but basically my love handles are bigger/stick out more than my *kitten* does. It is not pleasant for anyone.

I am guessing the love handles just need to go with calorie deficit, thought maybe building my *kitten* muscles up so it is bigger than my love handles might help too.

I guess, the best case is to continue with a deficit (still about 46 lbs to go) and do squats, legs, etc with weights?
  • cmiller224
    cmiller224 Posts: 158
    Options
    want an *kitten* I have a 255lb one in my house... you can have him.
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    mines only 190 and ill throw in free shipping.lol
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    lol Yeah...it is hard to explain..but basically my love handles are bigger/stick out more than my *kitten* does. It is not pleasant for anyone.

I am guessing the love handles just need to go with calorie deficit, thought maybe building my *kitten* muscles up so it is bigger than my love handles might help too.

I guess, the best case is to continue with a deficit (still about 46 lbs to go) and do squats, legs, etc with weights?

Yup.

Squats, Deadlifts, Split Squats.

Hill sprints help too.
  • futurejedi
    futurejedi Posts: 111
    Options
    running will help sculpt it
  • BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I wish I could give you part of mine. I have way too much booty in my pants.
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    mines only 190 and ill throw in free shipping.lol

Lmao! Ok I will throw mine in also, only 180 lbs, free delivery! Seriously though, bumping this, as I need to do a lot more squats.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place. They're all over.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Where is BrainyBurro with a picture when we need him?
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place. They're all over.

I'd tap that *kitten*
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Why on earth would you want a big *kitten*???
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    You're gonna have the best thread in this place.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You can have mine.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Why on earth would you want a big *kitten*???

Why would you want a small *kitten*? Oh yeah, because different people want different things.
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    We need pictures for better analysis