Low Carb or No Carb … pros and cons of either?

Options
vvancol_rose
vvancol_rose Posts: 30 Member
I'm really trying to turn my diet around and I know the basics stay away from processed foods and sugars, candy,soda but I really want to know if cutting out carbs all together would harm or help me or I'm looking for any diet tips anyone may have that has worked for them thanks!!

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Why hate on the carbs? They're just food, like all the rest. It makes sent to maybe cut down on the carbs which have little to no nutritional value, like sugar, but whole grains, beans, etc. are very healthy.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I'm really trying to turn my diet around and I know the basics stay away from processed foods and sugars, candy,soda but I really want to know if cutting out carbs all together would harm or help me or I'm looking for any diet tips anyone may have that has worked for them thanks!!

2rfd8hz.gif
  • vvancol_rose
    Options
    Not necessarily Hating :) I've just heard that people have gotten some good results by going low or no carb and just looking to see if it would be beneficial for me or not.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Clearly you don't.
  • vvancol_rose
    Options
    was there a point to this post? or where you just looking to waste my time….
  • PurpleCupcakes01
    Options

2rfd8hz.gif

Lol
  • AJ_G
    Options
    was there a point to this post? or where you just looking to waste my time….

The point is you clearly don't know the first thing about proper nutrition even though claim to "know the basics". Not at all...cutting out foods or food groups from your diet is how you fail in the long run.
  • vvancol_rose
    Options
    Well I'm on here asking for help if you have some knowledge you would like to share please enlighten me. I'm all ears
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Eat the foods you like. Eat at a deficit. Lose weight.
    /thread
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    Well I'm on here asking for help if you have some knowledge you would like to share please enlighten me. I'm all ears
    Eat the foods you like. Eat at a deficit. Lose weight.
    /thread

This little light of mine... Imma let it shine.
  • AJ_G
    Options
    1. Set a calorie goal for weight loss

2. Set up proper macronutrient goals (0.82g per lb of body weight for protein. 0.4g per lb of body weight for fat. Remaining calories go to carbs)

3. Eat WHATEVER YOU WANT as long as you don't exceed your calorie goal, and you at least match or exceed your goals for protein and fat.

THE END
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    All those big fat Asians and their carby white rice carbs!!!
  • vvancol_rose
    Options
    so Instead of ridiculing me with pointless a meme why not share some info that may be beneficial? I'm on this forum because I'm trying to learn if you have some advice you would like to share I'm ready to listen. I don't have the time for condescending remarks, comments or memes
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Fruit and veg have carbs. So "no carb" is not a practical diet plan.

Set a reasonable calorie deficit. Eat what you like in reasonable amounts. Try to hit your macros. You do not need to avoid carbs unless you have a specific medical condition.

Read through this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    so Instead of ridiculing me with pointless a meme why not share some info that may be beneficial? I'm on this forum because I'm trying to learn if you have some advice you would like to share I'm ready to listen. I don't have the time for condescending remarks, comments or memes

Scroll Up. It has been provided multiple times now.

Eat a calorie deficit, lose weight. No need to eliminate whole groups of macronutrients.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Sexy pants link! Don't over complicate it! Calorie deficit for weight loss, macro and micro balance for overall health and well being. ;)
  • AJ_G
    Options

The instructions have already been provided. Also...settle down
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    1. Set a calorie goal for weight loss

2. Set up proper macronutrient goals (0.82g per lb of body weight for protein. 0.4g per lb of body weight for fat. Remaining calories go to carbs)

3. Eat WHATEVER YOU WANT as long as you don't exceed your calorie goal, and you at least match or exceed your goals for protein and fat.

THE END

This is excellent advice and not condescending at all.

In addition to the sexy pants link here are two more good reads. You also need a food scale and start to weigh all of your solid food and measure all of your liquids, and learn how to log everything.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
  • vvancol_rose
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it everyone hahaha probably should have mentioned maybe I meant the simple carbs I should be cutting out all together right? ( white bread, white rice,pasta etc.)
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it everyone hahaha probably should have mentioned maybe I meant the simple carbs I should be cutting out all together right? ( white bread, white rice,pasta etc.)

NO NO NO NO a thousand times NO!