Replies

• Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I like the Danish one. Cheesy pop :happy:
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Watching from the UK here - some of the songs are a tad disturbing for Eurovision :noway:
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    The staging is always amazing! I'm loving the Danish entry! *dances along*
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    There are some miserable people about, we watch it for the craic, not the competition, too many British people take it too seriously :drinker: :flowerforyou:
    Yes, I've noticed that... :noway:

Was just enjoying how excited you all were in discussing it, I'm in the US so I'll Google it so I'll know more about. I love a thread where ppl are enjoying the same program and commenting on it (in a positive manner, not high-jacking the OP!).:drinker:

I don't know any British people who take it seriously - we're all taking the piss on facebook.

Though next year I'll have to do a party.
  • MrsSWW
    Options
    Dutchie here... of course I love our Common Linnets.
    I love this song, simple and beautiful! But then I do like me a bit of country and western...
  • fairyface87
    fairyface87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I never usually watch it, I'm watching it with my parents and sister this year though.
    We drink every time; they wear traditional costume, they say 'love', there's confetti, fire or glitter, they spontaneously dance, the bearded lady appears or there's a technical difficulty :drinker:
    Iceland to win! :happy:
  • MrsSWW
    Options
    I don't know any British people who take it seriously - we're all taking the piss on facebook.
    I think the only Brits who take it seriously are the naysayers, bah humbug to the lot of 'em!
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    I never usually watch it, I'm watching it with my parents and sister this year though.
    We drink every time; they wear traditional costume, they say 'love', there's confetti, fire or glitter, they spontaneously dance, the bearded lady appears or there's a technical difficulty :drinker:

Woo - you're gonna be drunk! :drinker: :wink:
  • MrsSWW
    Options
    I think the drink wins, haha! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • CharlottesDK
    Options

So you are REALLY drunk right now? :laugh: :drinker:
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    I think the only Brits who take it seriously are the naysayers, bah humbug to the lot of 'em!

True :drinker:
  • CharlottesDK
    Options
    I love this song, simple and beautiful! But then I do like me a bit of country and western...

I love that song too. And I dont normally like country and western.
  • akoorn1982
    akoorn1982 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thank you! The female singer, Ilse de Lange, is our Dutch country pride. Solo she is amazing as well.
  • MrsSWW
    Options
    The double bass player for Malta (in the cap) looks like Eric Bristow!! (former world darts champion) :noway:
    Oops, missed that, might see him during the scoring...
  • MrsSWW
    Options
    Hahahaha, Graham Norton can be CRUEL! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CharlottesDK
    Options
    I like the Danish one. Cheesy pop :happy:

Did you know he started to sing " another f....ing love song"? But because you are not alloud to swear in Eurovision, he had to change it. :smokin:
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    1st time I've heard the UK entry. Disappointed after the hype :indifferent:
  • CharlottesDK
    Options
    What do you think of the 3 hosts? Miss stick, Nikolaj and Pilou? I hope Pilou comes here when he is finished. :wink:
  • soniak78
    soniak78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Not enough cheese UK!
  • soniak78
    soniak78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    'We should win considering half the Eastern block want to live here' said my friend!