"You Can't Out-Exercise a Bad Diet"

Options
13»

Replies

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Disagree but.......

Depends on whose definition of a bad diet we are going with!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

This thread really is just the perfect example that people here will argue about anything.

It's not about arguing.

It's about wanting to be helpful by making sure that misinformation isn't posted.

So, you are arguing that there is no argument?

Touche....lol
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    for all the sugar and processed food haters out there saying you can't out exercise a bad diet, I have lost 40 pounds by exercising and eating burgers and fries up to 4 times a week and much other junk food. I have gained some back but that was from stopping exercise and not controlling my calories. a calorie is a calorie, processed or not. as long as I was watching my calories and exercising, I could fit a burger and fries from fast food into my diet daily.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options

This thread really is just the perfect example that people here will argue about anything.

It's not about arguing.

It's about wanting to be helpful by making sure that misinformation isn't posted.

So, you are arguing that there is no argument?

Yeah, sure, but more so just clarifying. :smile:
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    In for the free cookies, pizza, cake, candy, chocolate that you guys aren't eating and want to mail to me for proper disposal :-)
  • PurpleCupcakes01
    Options
    In for the free cookies, pizza, cake, candy, chocolate that you guys aren't eating and want to mail to me for proper disposal :-)

Lol
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I can sure as hell try!
    tumblr_n2elcvtWRN1sj3oxho1_500.gif
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I can sure as hell try!

Love this!!! 'This drink is delcious.... Another!!!"
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

It's not about arguing.

Do you mean the misinformation people added to the thread? Or the original sentiment "You Can't Out-Exercise a Bad Diet"?

...because to be fair to the OP, she just used that line for the title of the thread. Her post is about Adam Bornstein, and the link she included was to his article in which the thread title was just a catchy soundbite.

Some people seem to ignore her post, her link and then argue about the thread title.

Adam is a pretty solid source of info IMO (I disagree on some of his stances, but in the online fitness community he is relatively great)
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options

It's not about arguing.

Do you mean the misinformation people added to the thread? Or the original sentiment "You Can't Out-Exercise a Bad Diet"?

...because to be fair to the OP, she just used that line for the title of the thread. Her post is about Adam Bornstein, and the link she included was to his article in which the thread title was just a catchy soundbite.

Some people seem to ignore her post, her link and then argue about the thread title.

Adam is a pretty solid source of info IMO (I disagree on some of his stances, but in the online fitness community he is relatively great)

I'm talking about the misinformation post OP.
    If you want to mess up your hormones and insulin levels, eat like crap. All the exercise in the world isn't going to counteract a diet of trans fats and processed sugars.

mostly this ^
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I can sure as hell try!

Love this!!! 'This drink is delcious.... Another!!!"

Yeah that was a pretty funny scene is an other-wise average movie...
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    If you want to mess up your hormones and insulin levels, eat like crap. All the exercise in the world isn't going to counteract a diet of trans fats and processed sugars.

mostly this ^

This we agree on! :flowerforyou: