Friends over 40?

Options
Hello! My name is Angee,I've been an active member of my fitness pal for over two years and have seen people come and go over time. I was wondering if there is anyone out there who would like to be friends. Please don't get me wrong but to have friends who are around the same age is invaluable. I hope that doesn't sound like ageism, it's not meant to be...lol. If you'd like to be a support to one another just send a friend request!

Replies

• theranna
    theranna Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Angee, I'm theranna and I just hit 40... it's not as easy as I'd like it to be.
  • caloriesrule
    caloriesrule Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 38, so not quite in my 40's yet but could use some friends as well.
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Greetings! I'm Jennifer. (47)
    Remember when losing weight used to mean skipping dessert and taking the stairs! It's so much harder now!
    I had my daughter at 42, and I still haven't lost all the weight!

Sending a friend request.
    Anyone else, please feel free to add me as well. My diary is open, and I post every day.
  • aldrich1972
    Options
    I will be the big 42 at the end of this month.
  • redzgal
    redzgal Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm there too!!! 45 and it's getting harder and harder! I used to skip the fries in the combo meal and it worked just fine! LOL...not anymore :)

Anyone can add me...I log in every day :wink:
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I agree with you Angee. I'm 47 and I love having pals close to my own age. I log everything I eat every day. I like to swim & Zumba, and I normally take a circuit training class a couple of times a week. Right now I'm just doing long hikes on the weekends for exercise, but I'll be getting back to the gym in a few weeks.

Anyone can feel free to add me :)
  • PurpleMomster
    PurpleMomster Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and yes, losing the weight isn't as easy as it was when I was younger! I've lost 75lbs and looking to lose another 12 or 13.

Feel free to add me too!
  • Jfrerichs
    Jfrerichs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and just coming off a hip surgery in March. Finding it hard enough to lose weight when all my parts are working the right way, but throw in bum hip (kinda need it to do most activities) and it's really tough. Could really use some support myself.
  • kingalec
    kingalec Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,my name is Alec,i'm 47 years old.I'm new to Fitness pal but i really like it .It really opens your eyes on how bad the food i eat is and how much salt is in it.Wish me luck.
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 45 for another few weeks anyway! Add me if you'd like, I can always use more support!
  • cryptonyt
    cryptonyt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey there Angee! I am 43, father of 2, husband of 1. :-) I am working hard to try to look and feel better than I ever did at 33 or even 23. Its not as easy as it was then, but I am giving it my all.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 47. I learned none of my old tricks worked anymore. The one new one that works every time is sticking to the MFP calorie count. Log everything. I'm currently on maintenance and found allowing one free day a week has taken care of my frequent yo yo'ing after hitting goal. Good Luck!
  • zezelryck
    zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi Angee and all you guys looking for friends on here. I am 46 and live in the UK. I have so far lost 144lb, my ticker shows less but that is because I started dieting 7 months before I discovered MFP.

I would love to have a few more MFP active friends who are of a similar age. My diary is open to the world and I log every day.

Good luck with your weight loss/fitness dreams :)
  • AverageJock
    AverageJock Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Approaching 52 (too fast) but always happy to have new friends to help on the journey. All requests welcome :-)
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    I am 42 on an journey to healthy living!
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Angee: friend request sent.
  • 5feline5
    5feline5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 this month!
  • OhioTallGuy
    OhioTallGuy Posts: 82
    Options
    41 here and trying this once again. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • emmietoby
    emmietoby Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    add me you all !! love to reach out to mfp's who are over the teen age !! also looking for friends who don't go mia after a few months !!! love getting new pals and hoping for support as will as giving it _____ please add!! i'm here every day and often !!
  • ChristinWrites
    ChristinWrites Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and always happy to have new friends in my age range. I log in daily and I work hard to be supportive. This is my second time losing a pretty good chunk of weight. This time I've adopted some lifelong new habits that are making it more slow but steady and I will be able to keep it off and be much stronger. Happy to have new, active friends :)