Friends over 40?

Options

Replies

• 808Kine
    808Kine Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 49, and cant believe the self-loathing I see in this thread. Age has nothing to do with anything. It isn't harder, it's the exact same. The math is the exact same as it was before. Please do not friend me. I'll stick with friends from all ages that don't fall back on excuses and just work hard everyday. Cheers.

Actually, it seems as though there are many contributors to the thread who simply want to reach out to one another and not necessarily "self loathing". Some people feel more comfortable associating with others who are at a particular stage in their lives and there are huge differences in the lifestyles of 20 year olds versus 40 year olds. There are physiological and psychological differences and anyone who does not agree with attempting to identify with like minded people can just go on to another forum.

No need to lash out unnecessarily dude! Maybe it is time that you do your own little inventory about what you want to get out of this site and follow that path, but don't tag along on perfectly good thread biting at other people's heels!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    A young 51 here.
    Add me if you want.
  • cnadiger
    cnadiger Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi there! 45 here and starting MFP for the THIRD time! (That's the charm right?) The last two times I didn't take advantage of the community support features at all and just stopped logging in after a month. The calorie tracking is a must and I could use every kick in the butt anyone wants to give me to keep at it. Also, can someone please tell me to not step on the scale everyday and limit it to once a week?? Feel free to add me and FR sent :wink:
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm 39, and I also hope to be fabulous in my 40s....so feel free to add me too.
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Me TOO!!! :happy:
  • Indigomami
    Indigomami Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in December :-)
  • jferg70
    jferg70 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    44 here and a former athlete trying to fight off old man time. I am active on the site and like to offer support & encouragement. I'll warn you in advance that I have a slightly warped sense of humor....so enter at your own risk. :)

Feel fee to add.
  • iriedeb
    iriedeb Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm not sure what's up with Guitar Jerry LOL.

Anyhoo...I'm back on MFP again. I'm so tired of the struggle and stress with weight loss. I want to take a different approach. I know that at 48, the weight isn't going to come dropping off quickly, at least not with a healthy, realistic way of eating. I'm going to focus on how I feel when I eat healthy and exercise, not what I weigh. My goals are:
    exercise: 2 sessions cardio/week, 2 sessions strength week and 1 session yoga.
    food: no food after 7:00pm, 5 small meals/day with 1:1:1 of carbs, protein, fat.
    work on not letting my weight, or weight loss struggle define me!

Would love friends for reciprocated encouragement, ideas, recipes, etc!
  • twiggysunshine
    twiggysunshine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Angee,

I am over forty. I would like to have friends that more my age also. Please add me as a friend.

Twiggy
    :smile:
  • twiggysunshine
    twiggysunshine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone over 40,
    Please add me as a friend. I would like to be a part of the community.
    Thanks,
    Twiggy
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm 45, and feel better now than i was at 25.
  • KappaMarc
    KappaMarc Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    hello feel free to add me!
  • shyhandful7
    shyhandful7 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hi im kim, just joined MFP on july 1st ..looking to be a friend and have some new friends!
  • lisanangel
    lisanangel Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I'm on daily. I'm 43 and have 31 pounds to lose
  • Heathr2742140
    Options
    Hi, I'm 42. Looking for support too. I have about 100 more to lose. Feel free to add me :)
  • NBFL
    NBFL Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    42 here. I'm new and still figuring things out, but I'd love some friends. Add me if you're so inclined.
  • ak1113
    Options
    I am 48 and even though I lost 100 pounds when I was in my 20's now that I am 48 I am finding it soooooo hard to lose these 20 pounds I gained over the past 2 years.

Feel free to add me....would love some friends!
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and working to shed 10-15 lbs of fat. I lost 100 lbs 10 years ago (give or take ;)) and have worked hard to add to (30 more the past few years) and maintain my losses. Definitely requires a permanent lifestyle change.

I've been following NROLFW plus cardio 2-3 times a week for the past 6-7 weeks, and eating at a 20-25% deficit (99% of the time) and haven't lost anything! I'd have liked to drop at least a lb or 2? I'm not looking for fast huge losses, but something would be nice :).

I Track and record daily. I'm up for friends and inspiration!! :)
  • anotherFatGollum
    Options
    I am 40, weighed 130 Kg a fortnight ago. Joined MFP just yesterday; lost 2.5 Kg in little over two weeks.
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    Options
    I turned 40 in March. Feel free to add me :)