Friends over 40?

Options

Replies

• teachpizza101
    Options
    Hi, I'm 46 and I'm serious about using mfp! I've tried it in the past, but wasn't serious. I bought a fitbit flex to help me on my journey! I need to loose 50+ lbs. I feel like I should be on Extreme Weight Loss. I need to get healthy! I started on Monday with exercising at the YMCA. I decided not to tell my husband because I want to surprise him. I want to see when he notices!!!!
  • smcneely6202
    smcneely6202 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Angee. I'm just starting back with MFP again. I'm 44. I definitely agree with talking to people in the same age bracket. I lost 30 pounds last year then had an injury. Between healing and apathy after not being able to do anything for so long 20 pounds has creeped back. I'm open to friend requests as I seem to not be able to hold myself accountable. My willpower is terrible.
  • jennilizh23
    Options
    I am 42. Had children in my late 30's. Still trying to lose the last stubborn pounds!!!! Would love some friends over 40 for motivation!!! So many of you have lost so much weight. So inspiring!
  • Cindyloo01
    Cindyloo01 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am over 40 also. I have been here over a year. Just getting back into paying more attention to what I am eating and serious (again!) about losing this weight.
  • susancmangubat
    susancmangubat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hi my name is Susan and I'm 48 years old, I'm originally born and raised in Honolulu Hawaii but moved to NC in 2005. this is a year I finally get serious and lose weight.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I'll be 41 on Tuesday. Should I come back then?
  • Raspberrybullets
    Raspberrybullets Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 44 and have been here before but fell off the wagon big time and gained everything I worked so hard to lose back. I am starting again and need help with accountability, so please add me and feel free to kick my bum if I even look like dropping the ball again. I give you permission to give me all the truth I can handle. Please add me :)
  • Garrett1234
    Garrett1234 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I like having friends in my age range (I'm 49) so if anyone wants to friend me please do. I find the challenges of staying fit and healthy have required some adjustment as I got older, that is, I have to take it a little easier, and sometimes I need advice or just to hear what others are going through, because I've never gotten old before!
  • 3athlt
    3athlt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    49 here, sending friend request.
  • wgaue
    wgaue Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I would be glad to be friends with you. I:tongue:
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and I can always can use a good friend. I know being older I can not lose as fast as I use to and It stinks. I am a friend to the end if you should want me as one.:drinker:
  • BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Hi Angee :smile: I'm Betty and I'm 50. I'm also new here. I could use some friendly support, too, so I'd be honored if you'd be my buddy :flowerforyou:
  • thezorb
    thezorb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and on MAP every day. If you still want more friends, feel free to add me. :-)
  • huggybear1969
    Options
    I'm 44 and a little late to the party, but add me if you are still looking for friends.
  • kandialex
    kandialex Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI 43 this year..starting over~~~ 2 years ago I lost 50 over the last year put it back on.... looking to set that goal again...I am a large woman I am starting today @ 288 ( per doc scale) I am to meet a new friend who runs for my son in Jan 18th looking to be around 238 at that time..to be able to walk in a race with them :) I know push water, walk, and calorie counting....no pills... no shakes.... any advice or from those in our 40's what to really expect now:) thanks all:) heavy in my adult life last 5 years or so over 250 (lowest point was 2012 ~237 ( for last 5 years on weight...In 2004 almost 10 years ago I had lost over 80 + pounds but was also in my 30's...lol that's how I got my awesome son...lol :):) gained over 100 with doc watching me ( very very hard pregnancy) .... 5'8 :)
  • lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 48, for a couple more days anyway. I have decided not to enter my 50's over weight, out of shape and feeling like I am missing out on everything. I welcome all the help I can get
  • lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    opps, I accidently hit reply again and I don't know how to erase it!
  • fit4lifemom
    fit4lifemom Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    48, soon to be 49 here. Would love to have some MFP friends closer in age.
  • 808Kine
    808Kine Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    44 here and very motivated to make friends and have fun on MFP! Feel free to add me if you like....my goals are healthy eating, strength training, endurance and losing around 40 pounds.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    hi there...43 now will be 44 at the end of the year................Anyone is more than welcome to add me.................wishing everyone much success on their journeys :smile: