If you won the lottery, what would you do?

Options
123457»

Replies

• pctyler94
    pctyler94 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well firstly I wouldn't win it but my parents back home in the Cayman Islands would win it as I buy tickets for them each month and they reimburse my cost. I do this so they could move the post tax dollars offshore into a Cayman Islands LLC where it will be sheltered from US and UK taxes.

Sell my house in the US to their newly formed LLC.
    Set up education accounts through the LLC for my kids, my nephews and nieces.
    Leave current employer and work for the LLC here in the US until my kids graduated from high school while traveling a bunch with the wife and kids in the meantime.
    Make sure that any assets in the US are owned through their LLC and not in my name.
    Once the kids graduate give up Green Card and move back to the Cayman Islands full time and live out the rest of my retirement.

At least that is my dream, though the $5 in "winnings" last week didn't really bring me any closer to living out this dream!
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Pay off my student loans.

Pay off my sister's student loans.

Help my parents pay off any debt they might have.

Donate some of it.

Invest some of it.

Open a retirement fund.

Go on vacation. With some friends.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    retirement.jpg
  • 8lackie
    8lackie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Buy a circus, a lot of cocaine, and a gold plated Cadillac.
  • lightblueeyes
    lightblueeyes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My Mom won the lottery. She won a million dollars playing Powerball...she picked all the white balls and not the Powerball. She paid off her debt, bought a new house and has the remaining in savings and some invested.
  • mralmayes
    mralmayes Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Run away to the Caribbean.
    Change my name to JonesingNOTSOmucho.
    Only have swimsuits in my wardrobe.
    Drink all the Rum.

Why is the rum always gone??? lol.
  • Rochelle951
    Rochelle951 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    first, i'd kidnap rochelle and acrylics so we can
    Build a Boys and Girls club for kids to attend after school and during the summer. This place would have state-of-the-art EVERYTHING!!! Theatre Room, Kitchen
    Children would learn how to play an instrument of their choice, Dance (ballet, jazz, lyrical, tap), Arts and Craft, Cooking, Computers, Woodshop, Swim, Play a sport. Community Service (habitat for humanity), Gymnastics, Learn a 2nd language
    Have tutors in all subjects. And of course have all the super fun games, Pool, Bumper Pool, Foosball, Ping Pong board games. The list goes on and on. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

...with a 'kitchen lab' where kids can learn how to think about, prep, and eat healthy foodz. and cakes. as soon as B&G's kitchen lab is crackin' i'm off to start my own non-profit. i'm thinking food art fundraising to address childhood hunger and obesity.

Yes!!! I'm ready when you are
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    My Mom won the lottery. She won a million dollars playing Powerball...she picked all the white balls and not the Powerball. She paid off her debt, bought a new house and has the remaining in savings and some invested.

sweet!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    first, i'd kidnap rochelle and acrylics so we can
    Build a Boys and Girls club for kids to attend after school and during the summer. This place would have state-of-the-art EVERYTHING!!! Theatre Room, Kitchen
    Children would learn how to play an instrument of their choice, Dance (ballet, jazz, lyrical, tap), Arts and Craft, Cooking, Computers, Woodshop, Swim, Play a sport. Community Service (habitat for humanity), Gymnastics, Learn a 2nd language
    Have tutors in all subjects. And of course have all the super fun games, Pool, Bumper Pool, Foosball, Ping Pong board games. The list goes on and on. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

...with a 'kitchen lab' where kids can learn how to think about, prep, and eat healthy foodz. and cakes. as soon as B&G's kitchen lab is crackin' i'm off to start my own non-profit. i'm thinking food art fundraising to address childhood hunger and obesity.

IN!
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much. I'd buy a nice house on acres, some nice rides. And do some traveling. I wouldn't work if I didn't need to but I'd do charity work.
  • ZeldaMarooner7
    Options
    Go to all my favorite band's concerts!
  • HaelaBaer
    HaelaBaer Posts: 44
    Options
    I would buy a complete cybernetic body for myself, including active camouflage, a skull-gun, and a better personality.

Then I would go on The Bachelor.

But to be on the Bachelor you need a horrible personality. So don't change. :tongue: :wink:
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Tell my job to kiss my pockmarked white *kitten* then go to Costa Rica with a couple of Hooters Girls and figure the rest out from there.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    That's why I left the clause about figuring it out from there...get some locals to join the fun, too!:drinker:
    On second thought I'd nix the Hooters Girls for some Reef Girls.

edit: But instead, I'll just go to my poverty level job tomorrow in the hood. Reality sucks.suicide.gif
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Disappear.