Giving your body no choice but to burn fat daily

Options
This is what I have done to turn myself into a fat burning machine!

1. Nutrition.

When you starve your body of the nutrients it needs it goes into starvation mode. You can be eating like a king yet still starve your body of the nutrients it needs to sustain itself. I suggest adding fruits and vegetables to your daily diet. Fruits should be kept more of a energizing type snack or as a breakfast (which is when lots of us need energy). Vegetables should be at least half of one of your daily meals, but better if it's in two meals. Also lower your animal meat consumption. It's medically proven we ingest too much protein in our diets and it has lead to some awful diseases, but at the very least it contains animal fat. So just think of it as lowering your fat intake.

2. Calorie intake

We hear so much flip flop about the importance of calories, but I would just like to say calorie intake is very important. A woman can take in just 10 extra calories a day and gain a pound a year. This means a 5 lbs a year gain is from eating 50 extra calories a day--which is incredibly easy to do with most diets. An average person needs approx 2,000 calories a day. If you want to promote fat burning, you must take in less calories than what your body needs. If you take in too little of calories, you place your body in starvation mode. There are caloric intake charts and generators all over the internet that will help you figure out what your daily calorie intake should be (https://www.exercise.com/tools/bmr-calculator). Personally I have been easy on myself and gave myself a 1,200 to 1,850 calorie intake limit. I have to take in more than 1,200 but no more than 1,850. This way I am not storing fat and I am forcing my body to burn fat to meet it's caloric needs.

3. Build Muscle

Fat is food for muscles. The more muscle you build, the more your calorie intake needs will be. So now all of a sudden a 2,000 calorie need is more like 2,300 but you keep your intake to under 2,000, you will increase your daily fat burning.

4. Cardio

I hate cardio more than anything! but no one can deny it's fat burning abilities. Adding some cardio a few times a week will also promote extra fat burning, but will not burn fat daily unless performed daily. It is not needed to see results, but will add to the results. If you have a hot tub, try at least sitting in that as often as possible for some light cardio.

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Oh goody, here we go again. *rubs hands together in anticipation*
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    In for the inevitable sh&t storm.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    sv3z2c.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kgeyser
    Options
    And we're off.....

Starvation mode
    Meat consumption leads to diseases
    Fruit should only be a snack in the morning
    Lower fat intake
    Cardio burns fat but only if done daily
    Build muscles in deficit

I appreciate you efforts, but pass.

Don't forget building muscle while lowering your protein intake.

shia-labeouf-magic-gif.jpg
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    sv3z2c.gif

Is there matching underwear?
  • gostumpy
    gostumpy Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Yup, rolling my eyes before I got more than a paragraph in...

It's nice for a member to want to contribute, but really, read 10x more than you write and you'll be far wiser.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    never eat after 7PM...

...or you'll turn into a gremlin!
  • MissJenniLee
    MissJenniLee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    *forehead slap* It's proven we only need 8 grams of protein a day which is in 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. But I'm not arguing with ignorance... it only proves to be mind numbingly annoying.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    This is what I have done to turn myself into a fat burning machine!

1. Nutrition.

When you starve your body of the nutrients it needs it goes into starvation mode. You can be eating like a king yet still starve your body of the nutrients it needs to sustain itself. I suggest adding fruits and vegetables to your daily diet. Fruits should be kept more of a energizing type snack or as a breakfast (which is when lots of us need energy). Vegetables should be at least half of one of your daily meals, but better if it's in two meals. Also lower your animal meat consumption. It's medically proven we ingest too much protein in our diets and it has lead to some awful diseases, but at the very least it contains animal fat. So just think of it as lowering your fat intake.
    I essentially agree with this.
    2. Calorie intake

We hear so much flip flop about the importance of calories, but I would just like to say calorie intake is very important. A woman can take in just 10 extra calories a day and gain a pound a year. This means a 5 lbs a year gain is from eating 50 extra calories a day--which is incredibly easy to do with most diets. An average person needs approx 2,000 calories a day. If you want to promote fat burning, you must take in less calories than what your body needs. If you take in too little of calories, you place your body in starvation mode. There are caloric intake charts and generators all over the internet that will help you figure out what your daily calorie intake should be (https://www.exercise.com/tools/bmr-calculator). Personally I have been easy on myself and gave myself a 1,200 to 1,850 calorie intake limit. I have to take in more than 1,200 but no more than 1,850. This way I am not storing fat and I am forcing my body to burn fat to meet it's caloric needs.
    Calorie in/out is the basis of weight loss. No dispute from any journals of medicine.
    3. Build Muscle

Fat is food for muscles. The more muscle you build, the more your calorie intake needs will be. So now all of a sudden a 2,000 calorie need is more like 2,300 but you keep your intake to under 2,000, you will increase your daily fat burning.
    Unfortunately, it's improbable to build muscle while on a calorie deficit. Building muscle takes a surplus (adding muscle means adding weight and a surplus is needed to do that).
    4. Cardio

I hate cardio more than anything! but no one can deny it's fat burning abilities. Adding some cardio a few times a week will also promote extra fat burning, but will not burn fat daily unless performed daily. It is not needed to see results, but will add to the results. If you have a hot tub, try at least sitting in that as often as possible for some light cardio.
    Disagree here. Do cardio for the cardiovascular benefits and if it's what one enjoys doing. Cardio doesn't directly burn fat, it burns calories. Fat is burned when the body is in deficit. One can do as much cardio as they like, but if the calories meet or exceed output, no fat is being burned. One actually burns more fat AT REST (resting and sleeping are 100% fat burns) than working out for 30 minutes on cardio. And sitting in the hot tub ISN'T cardio.

Kudos on your success. I just believe it's important to ensure that information is correct.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    How is sitting in a hot tub considered cardio? :huh:
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

i think *kitten* is implied.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    It's nice for a member to want to contribute, but really, read 10x more than you write and you'll be far wiser.

THIS! This should be plastered across the MFP homepage for all to read.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    *forehead slap* It's proven we only need 8 grams of protein a day which is in 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. But I'm not arguing with ignorance... it only proves to be mind numbingly annoying.

excuseme.gif
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

Say WHAT?! I'ma need to see where it says that.
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone is taking issue with you describing what you do. It's the addition of the "why" that seems to have triggered the reactions. I think you can explain what your routine is without attempting to explain why exactly that routine works and nobody would take issue.

People tend to get a bit fussy when they feel misinformation is being spread, especially when said misinformation is being spread in the guise of advice.
  • kgeyser
    Options

What? Please post a source for this.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    If you were joking then I found this post hilarious! If you were serious, I found it hilarious for other reasons.

Starvation Mode doesn't occur like you think.
    It has NOT been medically proven that we consume too much protein.
    Fruit only as snacks or breakfast? Why?
    Cardio must be done daily to burn fat? Lolololol
    Everyone's caloric needs vary and averages only work on a macro level.
    5 calories extra per day is 1,825 extra calories per year. Do you even math?
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

i think *kitten* is implied.

def implied :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    OP - Think you meant to post this in the Chit-Chat, Fun & Games forum where this type of humour fits better.
This discussion has been closed.