Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Love it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    There is nothing better on a hot summer day than a home grown tomato and cheese sandwich

Pretty sure a cold beer is much better
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    There is nothing better on a hot summer day than a home grown tomato and cheese sandwich

Pretty sure a cold beer is much better

+ infinity
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    yes, but only if you're lolpaleo
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I do not believe there is a single human who actually dislikes bread. It can come in so many forms and can be partnered with so many joyous foods like a match made in heaven. I pity people who cannot eat it due to ignorance or intolerance.

That means Bread is not bad - Bread is GOOD!
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I love bread.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    The only thing I got trom this post is that OP doesn't know how to do pizza right.

I laughed out loud at this one. :laugh:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    . I personally don't keep bread in my home because I live alone and it usually spoils/goes stale before I finish a loaf. But I regularly get a sandwich or a wrap for lunch.

We don't keep fresh bread for same reason.

But it freezes well, we keep a loaf in the freezer and use for toast, toasted sandwiches.
    We usually have a sandwich while it is fresh and then freeze the rest.

For some reason I have an aversion to freezing bread, even though it works well. I just can't get it out of my head that it has been frozen and I keep trying to discern a freezer-burnt taste...ridiculous I know.

We buy bread maybe once a month. We use the loaf pretty quickly, even though it's just the two of us. We'll generally do toast, open-faced tuna sandwiches, and then Sunday morning French toast with fruit. The rest of the time we have "Sandwich Skinnies" on hand, they tend to last a long while.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    No food is good or bad, it's just food...
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    There are minerals and vits in bread but the phytic acid will bind them and they will not be absorbed by the body to anywhere near the levels that are beneficial.

Which is why it is important to have a varied diet. Unless you have a medical condition, there is no reason to avoid bread.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    There are minerals and vits in bread but the phytic acid will bind them and they will not be absorbed by the body to anywhere near the levels that are beneficial.

Which is why it is important to have a varied diet. Unless you have a medical condition, there is no reason to avoid bread.

Agreed - if you've covered your bases (mac and mics) and you do not have an intolerance to bread eat it if you want to - log it and enjoy it.

I have not advocated anything less.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I know for me that eating bread feels like I am inflame. I feels like I just put on a lot of muscles mass but I do not really eat enough to do so.
  • jec285
    jec285 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't touch bread unless it's in pizza or grilled cheese form. It really just is not worth it to have that dinner roll at 100 calories or so a pop.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Yes. Bread stole my identity and killed my dad.