You people are sooooo mean!

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Seriously though, simple question:

If eating "animal protein" (which is biochemically identical to plant protein by the way) caused calcium to leech from your bones, why don't mammalian carnivores with the same metabolic processes as us suffer from calcium depletion and weakening of their bones? All they eat is animal protein.

Because they are carnivores... we are not.

But they share the same peptidase catabolic pathway that we do as mammals, their digestion of protein is the same...the mechanisms by which it enters the blood are the same, the blood is buffered by the exact same bicarbonate buffer and their bones also contain calcium. Just because in addition to peptidases we have lactase and other digestive enzymes capable of breaking down other nutritional sources in addition does not somehow change the digestive process for protein. Your answer is a non-answer.

Bully.
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-1803-1386708758-28.gif
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I have had to of put well over an hour into the topic. Still arguing a completely different argument than everyone else. It's amazing how I run into this problem over and over again. I have been accused of not being able to let go of something I have never held on to. My beliefs on my original topic have been talked about and I have new information to read. My concerns about how I was talked to has been ignored and teased at best. How can one show so much concern for misinformation but not mistreatment? It seems the scales are way off balance here and that people need to review their mental health as well as their physical.

Perhaps it's time to reconsider your thoughts on the source of this recurring problem?

QFT
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I have had to of put well over an hour into the topic. Still arguing a completely different argument than everyone else. It's amazing how I run into this problem over and over again. I have been accused of not being able to let go of something I have never held on to. My beliefs on my original topic have been talked about and I have new information to read. My concerns about how I was talked to has been ignored and teased at best. How can one show so much concern for misinformation but not mistreatment? It seems the scales are way off balance here and that people need to review their mental health as well as their physical.

Perhaps it's time to reconsider your thoughts on the source of this recurring problem?

Argh, beat me!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I am persistent, I wont shut up, and I don't care if I was wrong with my well intentioned post that you guys attacked me for.

I have my own advocations and you will not see me stop until at least one person's view on how this situation was handled is changed. It's revolting that I have to call you humans too. Where the crap is the compassion? And all you can come back with is "oh she's a baby", "she can't let it go", "so sensitive", etc... which again are CLASSIC abuse excuses from mean beating their wives.

What I saw was that you posted a thread (that would have been better as a blog) filled with misinformation.

Instead of being gently guided to the truth, the first 10 or so posts ridiculed you for posting nonsense. It was harsh, I agree.

However, you responded by calling people the "R" word, which demonstrated your level of character and eliminated any potential sympathy.

Then you posted no fewer than two "mean people suck" threads before showing up on this one and bashing people left and right.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I am persistent, I wont shut up, and I don't care if I was wrong with my well intentioned post that you guys attacked me for.

I have my own advocations and you will not see me stop until at least one person's view on how this situation was handled is changed. It's revolting that I have to call you humans too. Where the crap is the compassion? And all you can come back with is "oh she's a baby", "she can't let it go", "so sensitive", etc... which again are CLASSIC abuse excuses from mean beating their wives.

Did you just seriously compare being told you are wrong on the internet to wife beating?

Yes and I am currently on the phone with a DV shelter securing her a bed....oops wait what's that on the other line...laughter? *screamsintophone* BULLIES YER ALL BULLIESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

And hows your bedside manner doc? I don't care what you have to tell me if you're going to tell me in a way that is insulting to my well being. I have the right to protect myself from attacks even if that means remaining ignorant. Because as a DOCTOR should know that one teaches others how to treat them. I'm new to this whole diet and exercise stuff, but psychology I am not. And I can tell you with 100% certainty that I endured cyber abuse today. Which didn't stop short of all the classic abuse signs and symptoms. From convincing the victim that they are deserving of the abuse/ or that I asked for it to the very obvious belittling. But then again, I don't expect much to be educated on abuse here or this probably would not of happened.

You do know that PhD.s don't actually practice medicine, right? And as such, they have no need for bedside manner?

Still doesn't say much about you. Your PhD gains you less respect than actually having respectful behavior.

Respect is earned. If respect is given freely out of some sort of sense of politeness it no longer has any value, it is meaningless....a sugar coated formality with no weight to it.
  • MissJenniLee
    MissJenniLee Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Did you just seriously compare being told you are wrong on the internet to wife beating?

Yes and I am currently on the phone with a DV shelter securing her a bed....oops wait what's that on the other line...laughter? *screamsintophone* BULLIES YER ALL BULLIESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bullies, abuse... same thing.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Argh, beat me!

I'm fairly certain I was accused of doing just that a few pages ago.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Ok, you can be a victim if you want.
    I mean, we DID hunt you down and drag you into this thread, right?
    ***Ackbar it's a trap.gif here
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

No, you just completely failed to see the connection I was making
    Because it's imaginary and incredibly disgusting that you would even make that comparison. STOP IT.

As for compassion, I have compassion for helpless things: children, animals, the mentally disabled, etc. I do not have compassion for someone crying foul over an Internet message board she has the power to turn away from at any moment, should she choose.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    I think the ONLY thing this young lady has not posted is a racist joke. Make the thread complete.......just exclude the Irish(thank you Blazing Saddles)
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options

I'm almost entirely sure this is not the case.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Please make sure you take your own advice ^

ASAP :flowerforyou:
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    bully.
    meanie.

1276833_o.gif
  • MissJenniLee
    Options

Argh, beat me!

I'm sorry, bad sentence structure, the problem isn't being accused, it's the off balance of scale. So how is that me?
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Oh my.
    You have no idea...

Wow. just walk away now. Seriously.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Argh, beat me!

I'm fairly certain I was accused of doing just that a few pages ago.

Normally I'd make a joke about being into that, but this doesn't seem the time or the place
  • MissJenniLee
    Options

Please make sure you take your own advice ^

ASAP :flowerforyou:

Have you ever considered what made you feel compelled to say that to me right now? Ego maybe?