You people are sooooo mean!

Options

Replies

• suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    If I'm mean to people online my daughter is going to die?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    #1, I didn't make myself a target. I posted what I thought was a helpful post which apparently you all deemed was making me target worthy. #2 Each and every post I have made since I have been teased. If you are telling me I deserved that, then you have a mighty sadistic way of thinking.

You posted two "you're all mean" threads following your first thread, basically taunting people, whom you referred to as "morons" to respond. Did you expect kittens and rainbows?

Then you came to a thread that was going to be no more than a bunch of silly gifs (actually kittens and rainbows) and brought everything back up and continued posting and instead of just leaving, which would save you a lot of stress, you keep coming back.

And then you claim you're being abused.

I have been abused. You are not being abused. You are, however, clearly a masochist. You obviously enjoy the negative attention or you wouldn't keep posting. No one is following you around doing this. You are going right for the places where you will receive negative attention and practically begging for it.

When I finally split from my abuser, I did not then seek him out every chance I got.

Have you been abused? You seem to have very little information about abuse. I have been abused, worked as an advocate against abuse, have my own site, and have helped many people. SO, maybe you need to research a little before you make such high factual claims. For you to even mention that I am begging for it shows how little knowledge you have. That is classic "victim blaming". One of the many dynamics of abuse. Abuse isn't just hitting or name calling.

And your definition of abuse seems a trifle broad.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Okay I am going to try to explain this as simply as I can.

You are a 32 year old woman. You are not a child, you are not 12. There is no reason to coddle you, to hold your hand, to tell you you are right when you are wrong. Posting incorrect information and then falling back on claims of ignorance is not a valid excuse for an adult. If you are ignorant about a topic it is your responsibility to either not make declarations of knowledge you do not possess or to spend the time to look into it. Again, you are not a child. Telling you straight up you are wrong and why your responses have been offensive is not "abuse". Telling you some of what you said is down right moronic, also...not "abuse". You have free choice here, no one is holding you down, no one is bringing you here. This is a public forum where everyone is an adult. Time to grow up.
  • _101010_
    _101010_ Posts: 121
    Options
    9535-Take-A-Deep-Breath-Girl.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    OP as I see it you have 3 options.

1) you can power down your computer as iHad suggested and go find a treadmill or machine and have the most awesomest workout ever fueled by all this angst.

2) stay here and dig your hole deeper and deeper and make certain EVERY member of this site gets a chance to see you at your worst, (I sincerely hope this is not your everyday status as you allude to but that all that was just macho talk).

#3 get on that DV hotline to prove your point and get back here to report to us all and make us all eat our words.

(HINT: the correct answer is 1.)
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Can't we all just get along?
    tumblr_lz5pnhlKnr1qm2ywq_zps4b37d1b9.gif
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Fatguy_zps8aa3483d.gif
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

You are a 32 year old woman. You are not a child, you are not 12. There is no reason to coddle you, to hold your hand, to tell you you are right when you are wrong. Posting incorrect information and then falling back on claims of ignorance is not a valid excuse for an adult. If you are ignorant about a topic it is your responsibility to either not make declarations of knowledge you do not possess or to spend the time to look into it. Again, you are not a child. Telling you straight up you are wrong and why your responses have been offensive is not "abuse". Telling you some of what you said is down right moronic, also...not "abuse". You have free choice here, no one is holding you down, no one is bringing you here. This is a public forum where everyone is an adult. Time to grow up.

THIS^
  • MissJenniLee
    MissJenniLee Posts: 108 Member
    Options

#1, I didn't make myself a target. I posted what I thought was a helpful post which apparently you all deemed was making me target worthy. #2 Each and every post I have made since I have been teased. If you are telling me I deserved that, then you have a mighty sadistic way of thinking. #3, I have been arguing the way I was treated which was bad enough for an admin to remove. Not because of my topic, but because of how I was treated. I have several PM's from other MFP posters stating that you guys can be cruel. Why would I get 20+ of those if there was NO CRUELTY? No, you're way should not be how it works. And I'm not a victim, however a lot here are bullies. I'm too strong for all of your words to mean too much to me. As far as I'm concerned, you guys are the reason why the internet has become so dehumanized with blanketed quotes to make yourselves feel better about it.

VIle

You posted a bunch of misinformation, you posted terrible sources or sources that proved the opposite of what you were saying, then you called people names and created not one, but two threads calling more attention to the situation, then you enter this thread and make a million ridiculous comments trying to be funny --- if that is not calling attention to one's self in the worst possible way....

Making light hearted threads that contained jokes and even stated "I'm not 100% serious with this" meaning Its truth and I'm making a joke from it. I came in here joking because I assumed it was about me (and likely is because the timing and title just seems to fit just right), everyone else started belittling again, that turned back on my disgust. It's pathetic. And here you are still looking for a reason for any of it. NONE OF IT IS OKAY---EVER! PERIOD! THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS BEHAVIOR. None. Find evidence to prove me wrong here. Find psychological evidence that when one person is deemed to be wrong they should endure only the harshest criticisms and insults.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    #1, I didn't make myself a target. I posted what I thought was a helpful post which apparently you all deemed was making me target worthy. #2 Each and every post I have made since I have been teased. If you are telling me I deserved that, then you have a mighty sadistic way of thinking.

You posted two "you're all mean" threads following your first thread, basically taunting people, whom you referred to as "morons" to respond. Did you expect kittens and rainbows?

Then you came to a thread that was going to be no more than a bunch of silly gifs (actually kittens and rainbows) and brought everything back up and continued posting and instead of just leaving, which would save you a lot of stress, you keep coming back.

I have been abused. You are not being abused. You are, however, clearly a masochist. You obviously enjoy the negative attention or you wouldn't keep posting. No one is following you around doing this. You are going right for the places where you will receive negative attention and practically begging for it.

When I finally split from my abuser, I did not then seek him out every chance I got.

Have you been abused? You seem to have very little information about abuse. I have been abused, worked as an advocate against abuse, have my own site, and have helped many people. SO, maybe you need to research a little before you make such high factual claims. For you to even mention that I am begging for it shows how little knowledge you have. That is classic "victim blaming". One of the many dynamics of abuse. Abuse isn't just hitting or name calling.

Bonjour
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Did you even read the post??? See the bolded part. It might help if you read everything before you respond to people.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    OP as I see it you have 3 options.

1) you can power down your computer as iHad suggested and go find a treadmill or machine and have the most awesomest workout ever fueled by all this angst.

2) stay here and dig your hole deeper and deeper and make certain EVERY member of this site gets a chance to see you at your worst, (I sincerely hope this is not your everyday status as you allude to but that all that was just macho talk).

#3 get on that DV hotline to prove your point and get back here to report to us all and make us all eat our words.

(HINT: the correct answer is 1.)

I think she should do option #3 ;-) LOL
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you guys have so little knowledge of abuse. I hope this will not cause problems in your future since it is such a huge problem. Just hope a daughter doesn't have to die before someone cares to learn. f*n* sad. Sickening even.
    Nutellabrah, dat u bro?
    Dial it down, you'll get banned again...

Also,
    tbuhKxl.gif
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    In
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    It is getting a little out of hand. As funny as the gifs are--it's not like she's selling Herbalife. Calm your roll people. And to the target, well, internet.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you guys have so little knowledge of abuse. I hope this will not cause problems in your future since it is such a huge problem. Just hope a daughter doesn't have to die before someone cares to learn. f*n* sad. Sickening even.

Leaving this here for you. Please consider getting help.

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

#1, I didn't make myself a target. I posted what I thought was a helpful post which apparently you all deemed was making me target worthy. #2 Each and every post I have made since I have been teased. If you are telling me I deserved that, then you have a mighty sadistic way of thinking. #3, I have been arguing the way I was treated which was bad enough for an admin to remove. Not because of my topic, but because of how I was treated. I have several PM's from other MFP posters stating that you guys can be cruel. Why would I get 20+ of those if there was NO CRUELTY? No, you're way should not be how it works. And I'm not a victim, however a lot here are bullies. I'm too strong for all of your words to mean too much to me. As far as I'm concerned, you guys are the reason why the internet has become so dehumanized with blanketed quotes to make yourselves feel better about it.

VIle

You posted a bunch of misinformation, you posted terrible sources or sources that proved the opposite of what you were saying, then you called people names and created not one, but two threads calling more attention to the situation, then you enter this thread and make a million ridiculous comments trying to be funny --- if that is not calling attention to one's self in the worst possible way....

Making light hearted threads that contained jokes and even stated "I'm not 100% serious with this" meaning Its truth and I'm making a joke from it. I came in here joking because I assumed it was about me (and likely is because the timing and title just seems to fit just right), everyone else started belittling again, that turned back on my disgust. It's pathetic. And here you are still looking for a reason for any of it. NONE OF IT IS OKAY---EVER! PERIOD! THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS BEHAVIOR. None. Find evidence to prove me wrong here. Find psychological evidence that when one person is deemed to be wrong they should endure only the harshest criticisms and insults.

You think this is the harshest criticisms and insults?

Eccentricdad, you back bro?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Observing actions is not victim-blaming.

I have been abused. I do know what it is. You have not stated any "facts" about abuse. You have said disgusting things, however. If you have actually been an abuse victim, you should be ashamed of yourself for that comparison.

I was lucky in that the man I was in an abusive relationship with mostly backed off when I ended it. He did, however, call my house (before caller ID, mind you) and scream obscenities and threats at me over the phone after I ended things and was happily seeing someone else. I bet every dime I have that if you stopped responding to people here, they would not track you down to insult and threaten you.

In fact, if you stopped posting here and saying ridiculous and insulting and uneducated things, 100% of the people posting in this thread will have forgotten you in five minutes. You can walk away. You choose not to.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Victim blaming? Okay you are slowly crossing the line from clown to actually offensive. You are an adult on a public internet forum. In what crazy freaking world are you a "victim". If you don't like it here then simply leave...it really is that simple. Honestly I'm not sure why you are even in here you clearly aren't in the spirit of the OP's post.

As others have mentioned to your self-centered *ss almost every day someone posts some drivel, gets asked to present their source, takes that as an insult and gets defensive and never provides a source or provides a source that is some internet blog article or discredited study. You are not some unique snowflake.

Is this thread inspired by the most recent incarnation of that archetype in the form of your recent post on the weightloss forum? Undoubtably. Is it all ABOUT you? No, it isn't.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

OP's perspective seems to be clouded by both her past and her profession. It seems she is primed to call many things abuse. It's odd b/c this proximity she claims to have to that particular social problem should in actuality make her see it clearly that it is not that. However it is having the opposite effect. Which leads me to beleive a) she is currently still getting over her own abuse or b) she is needed a break from her job and unable to have a healthy distance from the work she is doing and heading toward or currently in burnout mode.

Maybe a break from the computer AND work is in order.