You people are sooooo mean!

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Seriously...this whole thing could be settled with a good dance fight.

COME ON! 5,6,7,8,
    giphy.gif

I often find my self crouched over and snapping while circling my prey before a dance number...

if only it weren't true...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1_KA9Eo6wbTXmC2uaKA6AopHisPbV5hjlvVr78c3K8JrAk7Ph
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

And hows your bedside manner doc? I don't care what you have to tell me if you're going to tell me in a way that is insulting to my well being. I have the right to protect myself from attacks even if that means remaining ignorant. Because as a DOCTOR should know that one teaches others how to treat them. I'm new to this whole diet and exercise stuff, but psychology I am not. And I can tell you with 100% certainty that I endured cyber abuse today. Which didn't stop short of all the classic abuse signs and symptoms. From convincing the victim that they are deserving of the abuse/ or that I asked for it to the very obvious belittling. But then again, I don't expect much to be educated on abuse here or this probably would not of happened.

You do know that PhD.s don't actually practice medicine, right? And as such, they have no need for bedside manner?

I didn't even want to bother with that correction but yes of course you are correct.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I am persistent, I wont shut up, and I don't care if I was wrong with my well intentioned post that you guys attacked me for.

I have my own advocations and you will not see me stop until at least one person's view on how this situation was handled is changed. It's revolting that I have to call you humans too. Where the crap is the compassion? And all you can come back with is "oh she's a baby", "she can't let it go", "so sensitive", etc... which again are CLASSIC abuse excuses from mean beating their wives.

So let me get this straight... you were wrong, but you aren't going to leave until someone says that you are right, strictly on the basis that you were "attacked" and "bullied" for being wrong.

Guess what... the fact that you were "attacked" and "bullied" doesn't make you somehow right. You are still wrong. It's just now, you are a whiner too.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Some of you people can even read this?

My job requires me to interpret stuff like this and reword it into understandable English, so yeah. :wink:

I'm an Instructional Designer. What do you do?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

And hows your bedside manner doc? I don't care what you have to tell me if you're going to tell me in a way that is insulting to my well being. I have the right to protect myself from attacks even if that means remaining ignorant. Because as a DOCTOR should know that one teaches others how to treat them. I'm new to this whole diet and exercise stuff, but psychology I am not. And I can tell you with 100% certainty that I endured cyber abuse today. Which didn't stop short of all the classic abuse signs and symptoms. From convincing the victim that they are deserving of the abuse/ or that I asked for it to the very obvious belittling. But then again, I don't expect much to be educated on abuse here or this probably would not of happened.

You do know that PhD.s don't actually practice medicine, right? And as such, they have no need for bedside manner?

Still doesn't say much about you. Your PhD gains you less respect than actually having respectful behavior.

I have a feeling he doesn't really care if you respect him.

I actually find his depth of knowledge worthy of respect.
    I probably do, too. I just don't understand his more technical posts because he knows more than I do. lol

Knowledge is power, but by no means makes someone respectable since we all have the capability for learning. Unfortunately it has been proven not all of us have the capability for compassion.

You aren't making a great case for us all having the capacity for learning.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    I am persistent, I wont shut up, and I don't care if I was wrong with my well intentioned post that you guys attacked me for.

I have my own advocations and you will not see me stop until at least one person's view on how this situation was handled is changed. It's revolting that I have to call you humans too. Where the crap is the compassion? And all you can come back with is "oh she's a baby", "she can't let it go", "so sensitive", etc... which again are CLASSIC abuse excuses from mean beating their wives.

Did you just seriously compare being told you are wrong on the internet to wife beating?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Still doesn't say much about you. Your PhD gains you less respect than actually having respectful behavior.

Which is exactly why I don't. So good for him if that's his goal. Don't see why anyone would want that, but fine. And I know what I'm up against here. Like I've never encountered trolls. I think I'm holding up just fine to this specific pack of animals

Not wanting your respect is why you don't respect him?

Fascinating.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Which is exactly why I don't. So good for him if that's his goal. Don't see why anyone would want that, but fine. And I know what I'm up against here. Like I've never encountered trolls. I think I'm holding up just fine to this specific pack of animals

Wait.

*We're* the trolls???

:huh:

Maybe try this:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBu7kBq-gRcLJsbPK9ONj2WAbz8Vi87a7xzpZ15VxWxCo9D6BEsw
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

tumblr_inline_mwxc81V4xq1qmi1x8.jpg
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Seriously...this whole thing could be settled with a good dance fight.

COME ON! 5,6,7,8,
    giphy.gif

It's ever-so-slightly freaking me out that the front dude looks a tiny bit like James Marsters. Spike was in the Sharks? (or are those the Jets, I forget...)
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options

I probably do, too. I just don't understand his more technical posts because he knows more than I do. lol

Knowledge is power, but by no means makes someone respectable since we all have the capability for learning. Unfortunately it has been proven not all of us have the capability for compassion.

I don't know... I feel like I'm pretty compassionate... I mean, I help people with developmental disabilities. i buy lunches for people who cannot afford them or bring them leftovers from starbucks. I volunteer for habitat for humanity... I've changed my major to put me on the path of refugee work... I did a mission once, I wish i could afford to do more...

But I could be wrong too... it happens. I justs like to choose to place my compassion on those who truly need or deserve it.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    Seriously though, simple question:

If eating "animal protein" (which is biochemically identical to plant protein by the way) caused calcium to leech from your bones, why don't mammalian carnivores with the same metabolic processes as us suffer from calcium depletion and weakening of their bones? All they eat is animal protein.

Because they are carnivores... we are not.

But they share the same peptidase catabolic pathway that we do as mammals, their digestion of protein is the same...the mechanisms by which it enters the blood are the same, the blood is buffered by the exact same bicarbonate buffer and their bones also contain calcium. Just because in addition to peptidases we have lactase and other digestive enzymes capable of breaking down other nutritional sources in addition does not somehow change the digestive process for protein. Your answer is a non-answer.
  • MissJenniLee
    MissJenniLee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have had to of put well over an hour into the topic. Still arguing a completely different argument than everyone else. It's amazing how I run into this problem over and over again. I have been accused of not being able to let go of something I have never held on to. My beliefs on my original topic have been talked about and I have new information to read. My concerns about how I was talked to has been ignored and teased at best. How can one show so much concern for misinformation but not mistreatment? It seems the scales are way off balance here and that people need to review their mental health as well as their physical.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

I don't know... I feel like I'm pretty compassionate... I mean, I help people with developmental disabilities. i buy lunches for people who cannot afford them or bring them leftovers from starbucks. I volunteer for habitat for humanity... I've changed my major to put me on the path of refugee work... I did a mission once, I wish i could afford to do more...

But I could be wrong too... it happens. I justs like to choose to place my compassion on those who truly need or deserve it.

But OP says you kick puppies when no one is looking...

...so nice try making us think you're all compassionate and stuff...

...you puppy-kicking compassionless troll.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

My job requires me to interpret stuff like this and reword it into understandable English, so yeah. :wink:

I'm an Instructional Designer. What do you do?
    Writer/editor.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, the glory of all that lies within this shirt can only be seen through the power of love farts. And you don't want to know what you have to do to get that power. Lets just say I'm still removing glass from my *kitten*.

It's always great when a newbie jumps on these boards and demands attention.

Where's that "muppet-attention-*kitten*" gif when I need it?

I certainly didn't try to get this attention. Who would? *Smacks you upside head* Use your common sense!

*you're

Nice detour... Who would want all this negative attention? Why can't I just post without having it? It appears you guys are calling me an attention wh0re when all you guys are doing is giving it to me. Not only is it counter productive but a huge contradiction. How on earth can you call me an attention *kitten* when you are the ones showing all the attention?! This logic boggles my mind.

Guess what? Your "medical proof with no proof" post about something completely asinine is NOT the first to be posted! Not everything is about you. You might want to take a vacation from the interwebz today.

It seems you guys can't help but to make it about me. Has this thread not turned into the same attackers from earlier making the same lame points and jokes? Maybe you should scroll the comments and read again to get a better view before you go accusing people of liking the horribly excused behavior you all seem to exhibit.

This thread isn't about YOU -- it's about the MFP noob cliché.

You posted BS that has been posted and debunked a million times before. You reacted in a way that most do (poorly, with name calling and meanie response threads).

I didn't see a single debunk. I can tell you what i saw, but I think you know. Quit making excuses for bad behavior. Like I deserved it or something. WOW!

Okay..debunk. Lets see. Here is the citation you provided for why eating the amount of protein most people eat is "medically proven" to be bad for you.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21102327

Keep in mind this is the citation that you yourself provided to back up your claim.

I invite you to now actually read your own citation.

http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/1996/11/eating-less-meat-may-help-reduce-osteoporosis-risk

That is from 1996.

You know what is more recent? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21102327

You should be familiar with that. But here's the summary, one more time: Recent epidemiological, isotopic and meta-analysis studies suggest that dietary protein works synergistically with calcium to improve calcium retention and bone metabolism. The recommendation to intentionally restrict dietary protein to improve bone health is unwarranted, and potentially even dangerous to those individuals who consume inadequate protein.

I bolded the part that specifically references the '96 study.

By all means then, attack me for not keeping up with this massive amount of information out there where people can easily get confused.

Again, Making me look dumb does not make you look smart. Just makes you look like an as$hole

Not attacking you for being confused, attacking you for propagating and disseminating mininformation in a public forum before bothering to get your facts straight by investigating the publically available research. If you don't know enough about a subject, don't talk about it publically or if you do expect people to chime in with any critisisms.

And i'm supposed to trust that you know you're *kitten*?

I don't think you trust me at all know. I don't think mentioning my Ph.D. in molecular biology or my focus on protein biochemistry would actually convince you either, nor should it. Ones correctness does not stem from ones authority or ones study but on what citations and research one can provide to back up ones claims.

Sitting back and reading your responses, most of them start with attacks on the person you are responding to. While it is possible for people to take a high road when replyin to you, the continual abuse you spew through your keyboard makes that less likely.

The only thing you can change in the world is yourself and how you react to situations.

9sgrw6.jpg
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options

But OP says you kick puppies when no one is looking...

...so nice try making us think you're all compassionate and stuff...

...you puppy-kicking compassionless troll.

Dang it!!! you caught me!!!

Hide you pups! Hide you cats! I'm punting all the little animals up in herr!
  • MissJenniLee
    MissJenniLee Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Did you just seriously compare being told you are wrong on the internet to wife beating?

No, you just completely failed to see the connection I was making
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I have had to of put well over an hour into the topic. Still arguing a completely different argument than everyone else. It's amazing how I run into this problem over and over again. I have been accused of not being able to let go of something I have never held on to. My beliefs on my original topic have been talked about and I have new information to read. My concerns about how I was talked to has been ignored and teased at best. How can one show so much concern for misinformation but not mistreatment? It seems the scales are way off balance here and that people need to review their mental health as well as their physical.

Perhaps it's time to reconsider your thoughts on the source of this recurring problem?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Is it amazing? Really?!? Because I'm not amazed that you have this issue over and over at all.