I'm not against plastic surgery, but................

Options
1234568»

Replies

• LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    So I actually spoke with her today. She got a "Perfect 10" (toe shortening) on her left foot. She'll get the other done in a few weeks. Then she asked me to help her with exercises to keep her legs in good condition without having to squat or leg press (balance obviously was an issue). I've never really talked to her before, but she seemed really nice.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Cat declawing consists of removing the first joint of the cat's toes on the front paws. There are people clamoring for it being illegal because it is "cosmetic" and inhumane. How on earth can doctors perform virtually the exact same surgery on human beings without there being a huge outcry about it?

By the way, she probably shouldn't be exercising, unless her surgery was done two or more weeks ago. According to what I've read, she should be keeping her feet iced and elevated as much as possible if it's early days.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    So I actually spoke with her today. She got a "Perfect 10" (toe shortening) on her left foot. She'll get the other done in a few weeks. Then she asked me to help her with exercises to keep her legs in good condition without having to squat or leg press (balance obviously was an issue). I've never really talked to her before, but she seemed really nice.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

So you really don't just mind your own business do you?
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Why in the world would anyone do something like that? I mean seriously? The only issue I've ever had is ball of foot pain from certain shoes. If you're toes are squished buy a different pair of shoes!!

ETA: Shame on the surgeon who did that!

Shame on the surgeon? He/She is a service provider, not a moralizer.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Why in the world would anyone do something like that? I mean seriously? The only issue I've ever had is ball of foot pain from certain shoes. If you're toes are squished buy a different pair of shoes!!

Surgeons are also bound to a code of ethics, service provider or not.
  • trojan_bb
    Options

And this is unethical how?
  • HerkMeOff
    Options

I think you missed the point.
  • trojan_bb
    Options

There is no point. It takes a giant leap of imagination to believe the surgeon is somehow doing something wrong or unethical. Killing unborn children might be considered unethical by some...whereas shaving down the size of a toe (a toe!) of a willing participant can't be considered unethical or violating a medical code of ethics under any interpretation.
  • HerkMeOff
    Options

There is no point. It takes a giant leap of imagination to believe the surgeon is somehow doing something wrong or unethical. Killing unborn children might be considered unethical by some...whereas shaving down the size of a toe (a toe!) of a willing participant can't be considered unethical or violating a medical code of ethics under any interpretation.

Did _dracarys_ say anywhere that this is unethical? or against the moral code?

She was making a statement.

Calm yourself.
  • trojan_bb
    Options
    Reading comprehension. Definitely not your strong suit

:)