Husband dieting is disheartening!

Options

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    The more weight there is to lose, the faster the weight will come off.
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Eat the same amount of beer and crap food for 3 months. Weigh yourself at the end of the 3 months. Cut out the beer and crap for 3 months. Weigh yourself after 3 months. Job jobbed.

HAHAHAHAHA
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I have cut out beer (entirely) and junk food. I've added vegetables and healthy snacks. I've cut out sweets and have been counting my calories. I've been working out religiously for six months. . and I haven't lost a single pound. .

There. Did that make you feel better?

No beer?! I have a sad.

Don't get me started. . :sad: :sad:
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    You must be doing it wrong
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    It took me a LONG time to lose 45# ...... I changed my eating & started walking ...... now I go to the gym.

My husband never exercises ...... but he cut back on crap food a little ...... I think he lost 30# overnight !

Who says life is fair :tongue:

Keep on truckin' !
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    My husband started "dieting" (Just cut out beer and crap food) 2 weeks ago and had lost 17 lbs..ITS SO DISHEARTENING. I never eat like crap and I have lost barely anything. Its almost like whats the point? lol. I need help!

You need to get him better beer that he can't resist. Stop buying that lite beer crap for him.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I never eat like crap and I have lost barely anything.
    Precisely why you haven't lost anything imo.
    The body gets rid of a lot of weight that isn't strictly fat at the beginning of a 'diet', mostly water weight (lots of retention due to high consumption of sodium in fast food etc.). Once he gets rid of all this, his weight loss will stabilize.

ETA: And yes, do try to be happy for him, instead of jelly. :laugh:
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    We've all seen that commercial where the lady and the guy try to lose weight by taking something. She does the same stuff he does and he loses a ton more. I think it may be the hormones for men that help them lose more and quicker. This is also true on the Naked and Afraid show (btw a very interesting show). The guy and the girl basically starve, but the girls always drop less weight. Just not fair, but I definitely don't want to be a dude (I wouldn't know what to do with a *kitten*). :noway:

That commercial flashed across my mind too :laugh:
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Look at this way. There are a lot of posts on here about husbands not getting with the program when the wives start MFP. Your husband is actually making some effort. Try being happy for him.

This....

Men lose faster...they have more muscle mass to help burn off the fat. Their bodies are different, different hormones. Seriously, comparing apples to oranges.

Men lose faster? News to me. People who have more weight to lose lose faster.

I think this is a case of the grass being greener on the other side.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Look at this way. There are a lot of posts on here about husbands not getting with the program when the wives start MFP. Your husband is actually making some effort. Try being happy for him.

This....

Men lose faster...they have more muscle mass to help burn off the fat. Their bodies are different, different hormones. Seriously, comparing apples to oranges.

Men lose faster? News to me. People who have more weight to lose lose faster.

I think this is a case of the grass being greener on the other side.

I concur.
  • ElizabethElane
    ElizabethElane Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    We've all seen that commercial where the lady and the guy try to lose weight by taking something. She does the same stuff he does and he loses a ton more. I think it may be the hormones for men that help them lose more and quicker. This is also true on the Naked and Afraid show (btw a very interesting show). The guy and the girl basically starve, but the girls always drop less weight. Just not fair, but I definitely don't want to be a dude (I wouldn't know what to do with a *kitten*). :noway:

^^^^^^^^^^
    Very true
  • rosariocristinapr
    Options
    Weigh all your food (cups are not a good measurement)

really?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Never compare yourself to your hubby - or anyone else for that matter - when it comes to weight loss. Your body is different. Just keep going and you'll get there.
  • tiger4nikki
    tiger4nikki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    This is very common for men. I don't know why, but it SUCKS that we have to work so hard at it and they can just cut out sodas or beer or something and drop 20 lbs quickly. We are made differently unfortunately. Keep trying. You'll get there!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Judging by your pictures, you're not overweight. If you lost 17 lbs in two weeks, I'd suspect a very serious medical condition.

Be happy for the guy. He's your husband, not your competition.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I'd just divorce him and find someone who loses at a rate comparable to you.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    This is very common for men. I don't know why, but it SUCKS that we have to work so hard at it and they can just cut out sodas or beer or something and drop 20 lbs quickly. We are made differently unfortunately. Keep trying. You'll get there!

Oh come on. Perception bias?
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I~ feel you, honeybun. Everyone in my office is trying to get into shape, seems like, and I hang out with the boys and talk about lifting and macros most shifts. One of my guy friends started lifting twice a week for the past month, hasn't really changed his diet much and... dropped eleven pounds. While I track every morsel, switch between cardio and lifting and have taken damn near three months for fifteen. It happens! Biology is a cruel thing :>

EDIT NOTE: I'm just commiserating, because I feel you! A slow and stable loss is the way to go, and no one's body is quite the same. As long as we're moving forward, we're doing fine.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Yeah, everything was just handed to me, lemme tell ya. The weight loss fairy grants guys' wishes every night before bed. :huh: