Need to lose 100+

Options

Replies

• Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say that I have been there and lost 100 lbs (twice actually! Once in 2003 and then in 2008 after I gained an insane amount of weight with my daughter). Not trying to lose weight but if you want to add me feel free! I know what it's like to have to lose that amount and good luck to you! :)
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, and added you!
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Any of you looking at/have had weight loss surgery?

I had banding surgery 8 years ago. Lost well, had swallowing issues, regained it all, sadly. Currently have over 100 to lose and am looking to revise to VSG. Not 100%, but considering it. I've started back from square one, have lost 31lbs since November. Not as fast I think it should be, but it's in the right direction.
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    6 down, 126 to go.

I did 37 before, I can do this again.

And can use all the support I can get :)

Im in. Feel free to add me if you'd like.

I've learned its a marathon, not a sprint.

Chris:laugh:
  • IlluminatedMayhem
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've got 150+ to lose. Just taking it one day at a time.
  • surly58
    surly58 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Chris,
    I don't know if I am doing this right or not. I lost 109 lbs. a couple of years ago from walking my Pitbull 2 miles a day. Then went through some hard times with family and have gained 70 of it back. I am having a hard time turning it around again. I workout and still am walking my dog again. But it is not coming off at all this time. I am 55 years old. Do you have any animals? Talk to you later if you want.

Surly 1958
  • surly58
    surly58 Posts: 2
    Options
    Great Job! If you can do it on your own I am all for it. Do you get any exerc9ze?

Your friend Surly
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Please add me... I have over 100 to lose ultimately. I just had my second baby & I'm ready for this transformation. Next week I'll be released to exercise from my doctor. Right now I'm looking forward to getting out of the 270s!
  • Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Added you. I too have 100+ to lose, and anyone that would like to may add me! I log daily, and I try to be encouraging. :-) Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • nancytyc
    nancytyc Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Lost 101 pounds in 7 months back in 2007. Had an accident and was wheelchair ridden for three and a half years. Back on my feet now and here we go again. Got 103 pounds to lose. So, we can all pray, laugh, cry, complain, and wine together. I'm in because I know it only works with friends helping out.
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    FR's always welcome here
  • Idreamofg
    Idreamofg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yellowlemoned - 50 lbs - Wow! That's inspirational!
  • hooterklb
    hooterklb Posts: 27
    Options
    I have over 100 to lose and can use all the help I can get and would be happy to help as well.

Anyone feel free to add me!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    You should join the 100+ lbs to lose groups...http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/4006-100-pounds-to-lose-lets-support-eachother and http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3339-100-pounds-with-no-surgery

Remember you didn't gain it all over nite, it's not going to fall off over nite.

Weigh/measure/log what you bite. I pre plan my meals/diary entries in advance so I know where I stand. I make adjustments as the day goes on.

Take it one day, one pound, one step at a time. This site is as good as you make it, if you get your mindset where it needs to be, you CAN do it. :flowerforyou:
  • beckyjeanleemaddox
    beckyjeanleemaddox Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have heard both good and bad results with the surgeries as well. I am scheduled to have the "sleeve" next week. I have heard some great things. I am also in a complicated relationship with food. I have to be on a liquid diet for 2 weeks prior to surgery. I am currently on day 8 of my liquid diet. The first few days, I was so hungry/emotional/cranky......I felt like I had lost my best friend... Now I am feeling much better. I know there is a thin person somewhere in there. I always joke that if I was thin, I would never wear clothes....so God made me chubby to keep me out of jail for running the streets nude....hahahaha!!
    Good luck with your surgery. I don't know what the "sleeve" is but I wish you the best. My top weight was 227 I currently weigh 190. Yes I thought about surgery but wanted to try this. Besides I would have had to paid out of pocket and it is expensive. My goal weight is 130. Either way you do it will be a challenge. I wish you all the best. I too feel like there's a new me somewhere in here.
  • keobooks
    keobooks Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Forgive me if I posted twice. I can't remember if I posted here or just thought about doing it. I've lost 9 pounds and I'm ready to lose 110 more.
  • nightmare21
    nightmare21 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i want to get down to 170. i am ~275 right now. i am really determined to lose some weight before my trip in October. i have been trying to stay motivated, but each day i just cannot push myself to do anything, until today when i rode my bike for the first time in about 2 years! feel free to add me! i need a lot of motivation and some buddies!!
  • tarnaford92
    tarnaford92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    count me in :) xx
  • KazzBeDoinIt
    KazzBeDoinIt Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Alright everyone: I am in! Add me PLEASE! Support is the best way to do this so what are we waiting for?
  • firesoulx
    firesoulx Posts: 2
    Options
    I've thought about the surgeries I've decided against it.

I know I can do it on my own. It's just the first week or so, it's very difficult cutting out a lot of the crap in my system. And from there it's learning to up the exercise, keep it changing, and learn how to cook healthier options. It's hard but worth it.

Add me guys!
    If you want to add me on skype PM me, we can stay in contact if you have skype on your phone!